ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

andyjohnst
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by andyjohnst » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:46 pm

Alright peeps,

Been waiting for 1 month now since we submitted my wife's EEA2 (Surinder Singh route). A lot of people seem to be getting the COA a lot quicker. We submitted on 15th and it was received on the 16th.

Is it worth sending an email to request return of documents/passports etc before they issue the COA and if doing so will they ask for them all back again at some point?

Cheers guys.

sofia.d.c
Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:20 am
Location: London

Post by sofia.d.c » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Hey Andy,

I submitted my EEA1/2 application which was received January 14th, but haven't received a COA either. We did request our passports back, though, which we got in eight days. We requested them by citing our Royal Mail reference.

andyjohnst
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by andyjohnst » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi Sofia,

Thanks for the info.

Did you get just the passports back or all supporting documents too?

Did you use the standard mail for to request the return of documents and did you email it to the Liverpool email address?

I hate the fact they have such sensitive, original documents for so long as should they lose them, these are our only originals ;/

andyjohnst
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by andyjohnst » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Just out of curiosity, what does the RC look like in UK? In Ireland, you are given a stamp in your passport, along with a GNIB Card, which states your entitlement and is valid for 5 years.

I just read, after requesting a return of documents, that if the UKBA do not have your passport when they make their decision, that if you want it putting into your passport you may need to make a further application, which costs £220 if you post it or £661 if made in person.

So I am presuming that we have requested our documents that they won’t ask for the passport back when a decision is made as they will want to get the fee.

Can they charge us this fee if we want my wife’s passport endorsed? Would be a bit of a pain if it a bit of paper which you have to carry around with you when leaving and entering to prove you can stay here. Something else, it will probably have to be apostilled to prove it is genuine.

Any help here would be appreciated.

hari.s
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:31 pm

Post by hari.s » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:45 pm

Hello folks. New member on these boards. This thread is supremely informative. Good to browse through it.

I'm a Non-EEA national married to an EEA national. Here's my history:

Got my 1st EEA FP for 6 months in September 2012 valid until March 2013. Submitted my EEA2 dossier to the UKBA address in Liverpool along with my wife's EEA1 dossier this week.

Timeline:

EEA1 + EEA2 applications dispatched: February 11, 2013
Applications received by UKBA (according to Royalmail): February 12, 2013
COA: ?
EEA1: ?
EEA2: ?


Hope this goes along smoothly. Meanwhile, good luck to all of you waiting for decisions on your respective applications.

Cheers!

sofia.d.c
Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:20 am
Location: London

Post by sofia.d.c » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Hey Andy,

I filled out a form and sent it to the Liverpool address, but you should ask your EEA spouse to do it (I'm the EEA national). I only requested our passports back, no other documents, but I've heard of someone requesting more than just the passports successfully.

If you request the passports back, chances are you'll get a separate card with your RC on it. It does NOT matter that it's not in your passport, and it would be silly to pay the exorbitant fee and put your passports out of your hands again just to include the RC within.

flipper77
Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:28 pm

Post by flipper77 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:07 pm

andyjohnst wrote:I just read, after requesting a return of documents, that if the UKBA do not have your passport when they make their decision, that if you want it putting into your passport you may need to make a further application, which costs £220 if you post it or £661 if made in person.
Hi andyjohnst,

Where did you read that? I've never heard of that before, and I'm almost 100% sure that anything to do with EEA applications must be provided free of charge.
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013

andyjohnst
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by andyjohnst » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:05 am

flipper77 wrote:
Hi andyjohnst,

Where did you read that? I've never heard of that before, and I'm almost 100% sure that anything to do with EEA applications must be provided free of charge.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -passport/ It's here. And when you send a request to return documents to liverpooleuro.passportreturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk in the suto response it says "Please note that a request for the return of your documents will not result in your application being considered quicker than standard processing times. In some circumstances we may need to request the return of your documents to complete a decision on your application and If your passport is not with UK Border Agency at the time of decision then you may need to make a new application should you require the transfer of your Residence Card into your passport.


I'm thinking I made a bad move now, requesting passport/documents back etc. BTW, I am a UK citizen and wife is non-eu.

Low and behold, what can through this morning. COA with rights to work.

It's mental. The COA is just a photocopy. Anyone could make them. I thought as it is kind of important for potential employers it would be a little more official than that. Typical UKBA!

Jambo
Respected Guru
Posts: 8734
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Jambo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:22 am

This is for people under the immigration rules not the EEA regulation. There is no facility to transfer RC to a new passport but there is no need to do so.
Low and behold, what can through this morning. COA with rights to work.

It's mental. The COA is just a photocopy. Anyone could make them. I thought as it is kind of important for potential employers it would be a little more official than that. Typical UKBA!
The CoA is not enough proof for employers. They are required to call the UKBA employers helpline to confirm the CoA but I agree it doesn't look very official...

mstevens
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:49 pm

Post by mstevens » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:20 pm

Hello people

There are 18 days left until we reach the 6 month deadline for my wife's ongoing RC application.

We have not requested our documents back at any point during the application so far.

I am wondering whether it is now worth it for us to request our documents back, in the hope that it will prod the UKBA to look at our file and issue the RC at the same time?

I would be interested to hear people's thoughts on this.

Many thanks.

thefly
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:47 pm

Post by thefly » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:43 pm

Hey guys,
I'm back with some updates on my husband's case. I have posted earlier but briefly the situation is as follow. My husband is an American Citizen and I am Italian. I'm exercising Treaty Rights in the UK. He is leaving with me in the UK since we got married 1 yr ago. He applied for his RC in August 2012 and we received his CoA in October 2012.
In November 2012 we got our passports back (after asking for them) and in December we travelled to Italy. We made the big mistake of re-applying for a new EEA Family Permit before coming back to the UK because UKBA suggested us to. We had to withdraw the application because after 2months his Family Permit was not ready yet. He received his application package back and his passport has a new stamp in the visa pages that says "wdn 12-02-13" and some other codes. I'm assuming they stand for withdrawn and the date we ask for withdrawal.
Now he is still in Italy and we are planning the best way for bringing him back. He still hasn't received his RC (supposed deadline 21-02-13) here in UK. At this point I am pretty sure the RC won't be here on time.
I am thinking to go to Italy and pick him up so we can come back together to the UK. He is going to show at the border Marriage Certificate, CoA, my paystubs and my letter of employment and a letter of the bank saying we have a joint bank account. Here are my questions:
1) do you think it is going to be a problem if we come back after the 21-02-13, when his CoA will in theory expire?
2)how hard is it to get a Code 1A stamp so he can start working as soon as he gets back instead of keep waiting for his RC?
3) do you think they will give us a hard time because we withdrawn an application?
4)is it really such a bad idea for him to travel alone without me?

I know it's a lot of info all together but I will appreciate any feedback. Thanks

thefly
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:47 pm

Post by thefly » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:51 pm

mstevens wrote:
I am wondering whether it is now worth it for us to request our documents back, in the hope that it will prod the UKBA to look at our file and issue the RC at the same time?
Don't keep your hopes up about that. Requesting your passports back is no guarantee that they will process you application faster. In my case I think it rather played against us... sorry :(

Jambo
Respected Guru
Posts: 8734
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Jambo » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:46 pm

thefly wrote:Hey guys,
I'm back with some updates on my husband's case. I have posted earlier but briefly the situation is as follow. My husband is an American Citizen and I am Italian. I'm exercising Treaty Rights in the UK. He is leaving with me in the UK since we got married 1 yr ago. He applied for his RC in August 2012 and we received his CoA in October 2012.
In November 2012 we got our passports back (after asking for them) and in December we travelled to Italy. We made the big mistake of re-applying for a new EEA Family Permit before coming back to the UK because UKBA suggested us to. We had to withdraw the application because after 2months his Family Permit was not ready yet. He received his application package back and his passport has a new stamp in the visa pages that says "wdn 12-02-13" and some other codes. I'm assuming they stand for withdrawn and the date we ask for withdrawal.
Now he is still in Italy and we are planning the best way for bringing him back. He still hasn't received his RC (supposed deadline 21-02-13) here in UK. At this point I am pretty sure the RC won't be here on time.
I am thinking to go to Italy and pick him up so we can come back together to the UK. He is going to show at the border Marriage Certificate, CoA, my paystubs and my letter of employment and a letter of the bank saying we have a joint bank account. Here are my questions:
1) do you think it is going to be a problem if we come back after the 21-02-13, when his CoA will in theory expire?

If he got the required evidence, it doesn't matter that his CoA has expired. See hellrose's story.
2)how hard is it to get a Code 1A stamp so he can start working as soon as he gets back instead of keep waiting for his RC?
if he is admitted as a spouse of EEA national, he will get a code 1A. That's the only stamp they can give him.
3) do you think they will give us a hard time because we withdrawn an application?
they might ask about it but he just need to explain the circumstances. Waiting for a visa for two months just doesn't make sense.
4)is it really such a bad idea for him to travel alone without me?
it would be easier with you but as long as he knows his rights and can communicate in English (I would guess this is not an issue), he should be fine.

thefly
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:47 pm

Post by thefly » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:04 pm

Thanks a LOT Jambo. I don't even know why I am panicking. We have been waiting for so long that we are starting to think that something is wrong with us or our applications. We really just want to move on with our lives. We don't hurt anyone. I'm tearing up and I feel stupid but I am under a great deal of stress and confusion and even my closest friend and family are starting to ask why are we ever in this situation. And I have to try to convince them and myself that we are not the only ones. For this reason I would also like to thank everyone in this forum because knowing that you are there helps to feel less lonely and a bit understood.
I'll keep you updated if you like. Fingers crossed. He is going to be travelling on Tuesday morning alone because we cannot afford otherwise. Wish us luck.
Good night everyone

mstevens
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:49 pm

Post by mstevens » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:24 am

I don't suppose anyone has any other suggestions on the below?

Thanks
mstevens wrote:Hello people

There are 18 days left until we reach the 6 month deadline for my wife's ongoing RC application.

We have not requested our documents back at any point during the application so far.

I am wondering whether it is now worth it for us to request our documents back, in the hope that it will prod the UKBA to look at our file and issue the RC at the same time?

I would be interested to hear people's thoughts on this.

Many thanks.

Drizzy
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:02 am

MY CURIOUS CASE

Post by Drizzy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:31 am

I applied for EEA 2 in mid-October 2012 and got my COA four days after with right to work , And today I have just receive an email from the ukba asking my wife and I to attend an interview in Liverpool next month.

Here's the complication , we got married in August , a day before the wedding I receive a call from someone claiming to be from the ukba saying they are aware I am about to enter into a sham marriage bla bla bla , that I should come to the ukba office in london bridge with my partner that failure to do so that they will turn up the next day at my wedding and arrest my wife and me for sham marriage etc . I told him I didnt know what sham marriage he was talking about that my partner and i are getting married that they should come to the registry if they wish and arrest us for loving each other.

The next day we went to the registry , we got married and everything went well and the people we invited turned up and there was no sign of ukba staffs none of their people turned up at the wedding or anything.

Few days after my wedding I receive a letter asking us to come to London bridge again but this time I decided to show my lawyer the letter and told him about the call before the wedding , he told me to ignore the letter that the particular branch of ukba they are asking me to come mostly deal with asylums cases etc .So I haven't heard from them since after receiving my COA until the email today.

I applied on basis of economic self-sufficient because my wife is not working or permanently living here yet because she completing her university degree in Germany and only come here when she get holiday from University to be with me but will be moving here finally after she complete it later this year.

I doubt if anyone on this forum have for him/herself in this kind of situation before but any advice and contribution is welcomed and very much appreciated . What should we expect from the interview in Liverpool , what do we need to do etc ... advice please.

fatefull
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by fatefull » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:50 am

mstevens wrote:I don't suppose anyone has any other suggestions on the below?

Thanks
mstevens wrote:Hello people

There are 18 days left until we reach the 6 month deadline for my wife's ongoing RC application.

We have not requested our documents back at any point during the application so far.

I am wondering whether it is now worth it for us to request our documents back, in the hope that it will prod the UKBA to look at our file and issue the RC at the same time?

I would be interested to hear people's thoughts on this.

Many thanks.
We received my husband's passport on 18 Jan after requesting it repeatedly from 19 Dec. My application has now exceeded 6 months on 10 Feb. S'pose you can take it as a UKBA doesn't give a shit.

ymj
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Post by ymj » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:06 pm

Hello thefly, sorry to hear about your delay. I confirm that even the family permit has expired, with your marriage certificate and your company, your husband should be able to enter UK. I did it in Brussels. The procedure for the staff is pretty standard. They will give you a stamp on the passport valid for 6 month.

I share the same experience that I just want to move on. The UK Liverpool is quite arbitrary to grant RC. The problem is that UK didn't put enough staffs for EEA application as it's free of charge. This makes the process extremely long. We ourselves are not responsible for that! Actually I would rather pay some money to quickly get my RC but the EU treaty does not approve it.


thefly wrote:Thanks a LOT Jambo. I don't even know why I am panicking. We have been waiting for so long that we are starting to think that something is wrong with us or our applications. We really just want to move on with our lives. We don't hurt anyone. I'm tearing up and I feel stupid but I am under a great deal of stress and confusion and even my closest friend and family are starting to ask why are we ever in this situation. And I have to try to convince them and myself that we are not the only ones. For this reason I would also like to thank everyone in this forum because knowing that you are there helps to feel less lonely and a bit understood.
I'll keep you updated if you like. Fingers crossed. He is going to be travelling on Tuesday morning alone because we cannot afford otherwise. Wish us luck.
Good night everyone

tweety0211
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:54 pm

Post by tweety0211 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:32 am

H everyone.
we applied for RC on 11th February and so far got no response back from HO. No post, no emails, no phone calls. Am I supposed to get worried as we have not been contacted yet? My husband says we should request our passports back but I'm not sure whether or not that would be clever decision? Is RC issued on paper as valid as one issued in passport?
The other thing we would like to know is, in case we ask for passports back and we get them, would we be able to travel to France? My EEA huband and I planned to fly to France (I can travel within Schengen zone with no restrictions) but are a bit worried that we might not be able to board on plane from France?
Ive been hanging a lot on this forum lately, reading posts and kind help shared amongst its members. What i've realised is that more i read more stressed i get with nonsense from HO.

ravii
Member
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:57 pm
Location: Dorset

Post by ravii » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:43 am

Tweenty0211,,,you applied on 12th feb and today is 22nd feb,how you expecting any reply from ukba in just 10 days?this is 6 month process.You can expect that your COA will arrive may be in march/April..RC on paper is valid as on passport.
Best regards

Locked
cron