ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:43 pm

Hello everyone,

I thought, it could be useful to post a new topic regarding EEA2 applications as there are many topics such as eea2, EEA2, update please EEA2 etc. and it is quite confusing!

From now on, we can all discuss about EEA2 - uptodate info under one umbrella...
Last edited by Forza_RC on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:55 pm

First update from me,

EEA2 application sent on 5th of January.

COA received on 20th of January (dated 17th of January).

Called HO on 19th of February (It has not been allocated to a case work team)

Called HO on 26th of February (still the same...)

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Did anyone apply for EEA2 in December 2009 or Januray 2010 and receive it? Any update?

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:34 pm

I'm in a similar situation to yourself:

Sent wife's EEA2 application 6th Jan
Received by UKBA on 7th Jan
Received COA on 19th Jan (COA was dated 14th Jan)
Rand HO on 23rd Feb, application had not been assigned to caseworker yet. Still in the queue.

No further update since 23rd Feb.

677ano

eea2

Post by 677ano » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:16 pm

I am in a similar situation

Applied 5th December 2009
received COA 20th December 2009
Called 22nd February 2010 was told application not yet allocated to a case worker but given case ID
Called 1st March 2010 same story
we can all change our stars

P&T

EEA2 application its been 7 weeks...and still waiting...

Post by P&T » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:06 am

My husband and I (non EEA) sent our application on the 11th of January this year, we received the "Certificate of Application" on the 18th of January (pretty good thankfuly only a weeks wait:-)).

We rang the UKBA Liverpool office yesterday morning to find out the progress of our application and for the first time we actually got through and spoke to someone:-)!! But the man we spoke to was quite abrasive and all he said was that our application was "on-going" and that we are not even supposed to have called to check on the progress of our application as the COA letter clearly states that we should wait for 6 months before calling the UKBA.

Fair enough I thought... but having read some of the posts on the forum regarding calling the UKBA I can see that some of you have been fortunate enough to get more information from the UKBA ie reference numbers or if at all your application has been assigned a case number etc. So why was the guy we spoke not able to give us more information...we wonder!!??

We are planning to go on holiday this summer and would like to book tickets etc but with all this waiting around its difficult to make any plans whatsoever!! I know we are all sailing on the same boat with a lot of EEA2 applicants and my husband and I would like to say good luck to you all as we embark on this horrendous frustrating journey!!!!

Is frequently calling the UKBA (every 2 weeks or so) to find out the progress of our EEA2 application going to be detrimental to our application??

Thanks
P&T

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:44 am

EEA2 application sent on 20th of January.

COA received on 24th of Feruary (dated 23rd of January).

Called HO every week (It has not been allocated to a case work but it's with the team)

You have the sole right to call HO for progress outcome and to ask them if they have dispatch any mail to you.
The EEA2 application must not be up to six months but the HO is using the EU six months rule as an advantage for their failure to meet up with the applications.
Holland, Germany and Austria issue Residence card in two weeks of application.
We shouldn't wait till six months before calling them, please use your local MP (they will be happy to assist as election draw near to win public vote).
I have made two complains to Northwest customer services and they have called and reply me.
Please don't just sit down there and wait, HO will not contact till next year.
Good luck guys.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:20 am

jajanana wrote:EEA2 application sent on 20th of January.

COA received on 24th of Feruary (dated 23rd of January).

Called HO every week (It has not been allocated to a case work but it's with the team)

You have the sole right to call HO for progress outcome and to ask them if they have dispatch any mail to you.
The EEA2 application must not be up to six months but the HO is using the EU six months rule as an advantage for their failure to meet up with the applications.
Holland, Germany and Austria issue Residence card in two weeks of application.
We shouldn't wait till six months before calling them, please use your local MP (they will be happy to assist as election draw near to win public vote).
I have made two complains to Northwest customer services and they have called and reply me.
Please don't just sit down there and wait, HO will not contact till next year.
Good luck guys.

I absolutely agree with you, jajanana! HO is using the EU six months rule!as they do not have enough staff!
Please everyone who applied for EEA2 contact with your local MPs or complain to Northwest customer services!

I do not think, frequently calling the UKBA to find out about the progress would be detrimental.

I know that many people have waited for ages but it should not be like this! and we should be able to travel etc. I canceled a very important business trip to Holland which was scheduled months ago!

P&T

Post by P&T » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:43 pm

Thank you:-) yes we will be on the case calling the HO every 2 weeks!! I hope they will sort it out before the next call but we will send a letter to our local MP as well (good tip:-)).

Jajana please will you give us the Northwestern Customer service telephone number?

Its just unfair and utterly ridiculous their milking this 6 month waiting rule!!

P&T

Post by P&T » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:05 pm

Just called the HO Liverpool and spoke to a lady this time she was much nicer.

She told me that our application has not even been looked at yet and that it is still waiting to be allocated to a case-worker!! Wow its been at the HO 7 weeks already and no one has even looked at it yet! She then gave me the usual spill -wait for the 6 months and that we may even get a response before the 6 months are up etc... mm...

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:19 pm

P&T wrote:Thank you:-) yes we will be on the case calling the HO every 2 weeks!! I hope they will sort it out before the next call but we will send a letter to our local MP as well (good tip:-)).

Jajana please will you give us the Northwestern Customer service telephone number?

Its just unfair and utterly ridiculous their milking this 6 month waiting rule!!

NORTH WEST CUSTOMER SERVICE UNIT
Fax: 0161 261 1132
Email: NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Address: North West Region CSU, PO Box 99, Manchester M90 3WW

Ask help from your local MP (http://findyourmp.parliament.uk

Hi All,
Please don't rest until you received a positive reply from them, send fax and email with your complaint. Don't forget to quote the EU rule and the time frame and let them know that they are mis-using the six months rule to kill time.
Lets fight them from different direction guys.
Their phone number is not working.
One luv.

ld10

Post by ld10 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:17 pm

How much EEA2 application costs or resident card?

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:20 pm

ld10 wrote:How much EEA2 application costs or resident card?
£5 (the cost of special delivery to Liverpool).

ld10

Post by ld10 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:07 pm

jajanana wrote:
ld10 wrote:How much EEA2 application costs or resident card?
£5 (the cost of special delivery to Liverpool).
So i guess its free.thats good.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:55 am

There is no fee for applications under European law.

Check this out:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... n/#header1

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:37 am

I called Liverpool today and I was told by their machine to call back on wednesday when they are fully staff.
What is going on with the HO regarding the EEA2 applications?
I believe it's high time we come out and do something about the delay and short staff issue.

wet26

Post by wet26 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:02 am

I applied on the 14th of September, so my 6 months is up in one week. I sent Liverpool a fax last week to give them a heads up and asking if they could expedite resolution of my case. I was expecting it to take a lot longer than 6 months, so if I could get my RC in the next few weeks I would be over the moon.

One thing that really pisses me off is that the HO are not processing the applications in the order of receipt; and that some people who have very recently applied have already got their RC. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against those people, but the HO really needs to sort that out.

Another thing specific to my application that has really pissed me off is that I applied for the RC 3 months after living here with my husband. I provided 3 months worth of bank statements for both of us (including a joint account) and lease in both our names and some other correspondence to prove we are residing together. Then 3 months later they write requesting more evidence - what more do they need?! We had been living together in Spain for 2 years before coming to the UK together (they have all the docs to prove this too). So I sent more evidence to them and have heard nothing since.

What a farce!

... rant over.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:02 am

We should send fax & emails and complain about their service standarts (so called)! We should be able to travel with a document & temproary visa at least to our home country!

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:08 am

Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Article 13
1. Everyone has the right to freedom of movement!!!

wet26

Post by wet26 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:14 am

Issue of residence card
17. —(1) The Secretary of State must issue a residence card to a person who is not an EEA national and is the family member of a qualified person or of an EEA national with a permanent right of residence under regulation 15 on application and production of—

(a) a valid passport; and

(b) proof that the applicant is such a family member.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2006/20061003.htm#17

ld10

Post by ld10 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:17 am

wet26 wrote:I applied on the 14th of September, so my 6 months is up in one week. I sent Liverpool a fax last week to give them a heads up and asking if they could expedite resolution of my case. I was expecting it to take a lot longer than 6 months, so if I could get my RC in the next few weeks I would be over the moon.

One thing that really pisses me off is that the HO are not processing the applications in the order of receipt; and that some people who have very recently applied have already got their RC. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against those people, but the HO really needs to sort that out.

Another thing specific to my application that has really pissed me off is that I applied for the RC 3 months after living here with my husband. I provided 3 months worth of bank statements for both of us (including a joint account) and lease in both our names and some other correspondence to prove we are residing together. Then 3 months later they write requesting more evidence - what more do they need?! We had been living together in Spain for 2 years before coming to the UK together (they have all the docs to prove this too). So I sent more evidence to them and have heard nothing since.

What a farce!

... rant over.
Must be you have to be in UK at least 6 months,and sponsor have to work and pay taxes in UK at least 6 months.

if i'm wrong correct me.

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:40 am

ld10 wrote:
wet26 wrote:I applied on the 14th of September, so my 6 months is up in one week. I sent Liverpool a fax last week to give them a heads up and asking if they could expedite resolution of my case. I was expecting it to take a lot longer than 6 months, so if I could get my RC in the next few weeks I would be over the moon.

What a farce!

... rant over.
Must be you have to be in UK at least 6 months,and sponsor have to work and pay taxes in UK at least 6 months.

if i'm wrong correct me.
Why asking for the sponsor wage slip again when they have the sponsor NI number and they check if the sponsor has been working for the past six months through the DWP.
Why are they wasting public funds sending posts out to applicants and wasting paper when they want us to be GREEN.

wet26

Post by wet26 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:41 am

ld10 wrote:

What a farce!

... rant over.

if i'm wrong correct me.
Yes, you are wrong (in my case at least). My husband is a UK national but is treated as an EEA national for the purposes of this application as he was exercising treaty rights in Spain for two years before we came to England. He has been continuously employed for 4 years by the same UK employer and we provided P60s and payslips for 2 years.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:15 pm

I called the HO this morning but could not get through waited on the phone over 20 min.

Any news & update?

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:16 pm

Forza_RC wrote:I called the HO this morning but could not get through waited on the phone over 20 min.

Any news & update?
Please call them 9am tomorrow, they are short staff due to the industrial action.