ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
Aladin0987
Junior Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:18 pm

Post by Aladin0987 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:42 am

Plum they refused me for the following reason:
Jointly named account and utility bills does not specify your definite residence in the uk :lol:

I have never eber been outside uk since I was 16 years old, and I used to sign for immigration every single week for 8 years!

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken. BOBBY SANDS

Plum70
Diamond Member
Posts: 1363
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Plum70 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:50 pm

Aladin0987 wrote:Plum they refused me for the following reason:
Jointly named account and utility bills does not specify your definite residence in the uk
Did the UKBA give you any guidance on the sort of evidence they would expect to see to satisfy definite residence in the UK?

In my case, in addition to joint tenancy agreements, I provided my P60s for 5 years and most recent wage slips. This way the UKBA can have no doubt that one has definitely resided in the UK through out the qualifying period.

What other documents can you provide to quell their doubts?

Akky2000us
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Post by Akky2000us » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:50 pm

Plum70 wrote:
dsab85 wrote: Already planning and preparing for Citizenship application, as my wife will be able to apply in 4 months.
That's wise. One of the most important tasks is to study for, book and pass the Life in the UK test as soon as possible. I am currently studying for mine next week as once my PR confirmation comes through i'll be applying to naturalise.

Better not to be in a mad rush getting organised for your BC application.

I am surprised at how scant posts have become here of PR confirmation receipts. Is the UKBA really that slow?
Hi Plum,
You can't just apply for Naturilisation cos I was told you need to wait till your marriage cert. read 6 yrs or a year after your PR ?
Or is it possible to apply three months after you PR or 5 and half into your Marriage.

Thanks

Plum70
Diamond Member
Posts: 1363
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Plum70 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:34 pm

Akky2000us wrote:Hi Plum,
You can't just apply for Naturilisation cos I was told you need to wait till your marriage cert. read 6 yrs or a year after your PR ?
Or is it possible to apply three months after you PR or 5 and half into your Marriage.
I didn't mention but my husband is now a dual Swiss/British citizen so I will be able to apply to naturalise as the spouse of a British Citizen who holds permanent residence (once I receive my PR confirmation).

Otherwise, you are correct that a non-EEA spouse of a EU/EEA citizen (who is NOT also British) can only naturalise one year after acquiring PR.

Akky2000us
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Post by Akky2000us » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:09 pm

Plum70 wrote:
Akky2000us wrote:Hi Plum,
You can't just apply for Naturilisation cos I was told you need to wait till your marriage cert. read 6 yrs or a year after your PR ?
Or is it possible to apply three months after you PR or 5 and half into your Marriage.
I didn't mention but my husband is now a dual Swiss/British citizen so I will be able to apply to naturalise as the spouse of a British Citizen who holds permanent residence (once I receive my PR confirmation).

Otherwise, you are correct that a non-EEA spouse of a EU/EEA citizen (who is NOT also British) can only naturalise one year after acquiring PR.

Thanks Plum70 , have you been able to check new Naturilisation application form & try and check section 4 of page 15 and also the AN booklet page 8-10 , it's seems direct member of EU could now apply if you hold PR and you still with your EU and not from A8 EU national.

Check this out and let me hear you opinion .

I look forward to hearing from you.


Akky2000us

Plum70
Diamond Member
Posts: 1363
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Plum70 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:48 pm

Akky2000us wrote:Thanks Plum70 , have you been able to check new Naturilisation application form & try and check section 4 of page 15 and also the AN booklet page 8-10 , it's seems direct member of EU could now apply if you hold PR and you still with your EU and not from A8 EU national.
Hi Akky,

I do not think your interpretation is right but as this is a PR thread it's probably best to ask the question in the British Citizenship forum. I am not certain of the answer.

Jambo
Respected Guru
Posts: 8734
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Jambo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:57 pm

Plum70 wrote:
Akky2000us wrote:Thanks Plum70 , have you been able to check new Naturilisation application form & try and check section 4 of page 15 and also the AN booklet page 8-10 , it's seems direct member of EU could now apply if you hold PR and you still with your EU and not from A8 EU national.
Hi Akky,

I do not think your interpretation is right but as this is a PR thread it's probably best to ask the question in the British Citizenship forum. I am not certain of the answer.
Plum70 is right.

Nothing has changed in the latest version of the form or the guide with regards to people under the EEA regulations.


See Q1 & Q5 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.

sissidiana
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:28 am

Post by sissidiana » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 am

I got my PR Card yesterday!!! Below is my timeline, looks like they do take about 5 months...

EEA4 application sent on 1 Sep 2012
COA received on 18 Oct 2012 dated 12 Oct 2012
Requested passport back on 19 Nov 2012 received on 5 Dec 2012
Received PR on 1 Feb 2013 dated 17 Jan 2013

The PR is endorsed on an A4 paper called Immigration Status Document, looks very odd.

Good luck everyone who's still waiting. If you submitted your application back in Sep, you should be getting it back soon!

renu
Member
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:43 am

Post by renu » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:13 am

sissidiana wrote:I got my PR Card yesterday!!! Below is my timeline, looks like they do take about 5 months...

EEA4 application sent on 1 Sep 2012
COA received on 18 Oct 2012 dated 12 Oct 2012
Requested passport back on 19 Nov 2012 received on 5 Dec 2012
Received PR on 1 Feb 2013 dated 17 Jan 2013

The PR is endorsed on an A4 paper called Immigration Status Document, looks very odd.

Good luck everyone who's still waiting. If you submitted your application back in Sep, you should be getting it back soon!

Done my application in Sept,hoping my pr is on its way.congrat

Akky2000us
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Post by Akky2000us » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:47 am

Jambo wrote:
Plum70 wrote:
Akky2000us wrote:Thanks Plum70 , have you been able to check new Naturilisation application form & try and check section 4 of page 15 and also the AN booklet page 8-10 , it's seems direct member of EU could now apply if you hold PR and you still with your EU and not from A8 EU national.
Hi Akky,

I do not think your interpretation is right but as this is a PR thread it's probably best to ask the question in the British Citizenship forum. I am not certain of the answer.
Plum70 is right.

Nothing has changed in the latest version of the form or the guide with regards to people under the EEA regulations.


See Q1 & Q5 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.
Have you check the New AN Form esp. PG 15 section 4

Then you can then comment.

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru
Posts: 8734
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Jambo » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:59 am

Akky2000us wrote: Have you check the New AN Form esp. PG 15 section 4

Then you can then comment.

Thanks
As I said, nothing has changed. What has changed is a better wording on page 15 of the required documents for people under EEA regulations but nothing has changed in the rules, the actual form or the proof that is required.

Akky2000us
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Post by Akky2000us » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:41 pm

Jambo wrote:
Akky2000us wrote: Have you check the New AN Form esp. PG 15 section 4

Then you can then comment.

Thanks
As I said, nothing has changed. What has changed is a better wording on page 15 of the required documents for people under EEA regulations but nothing has changed in the rules, the actual form or the proof that is required.
Few changes are there , previously under section 4 On checklists PG 15 it does not include direct family member but this new Form checklist shows On section 4 On PG 15 (checklists) direct family member .

Check it out.

Jambo
Respected Guru
Posts: 8734
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Jambo » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:56 pm

Akky2000us wrote: Few changes are there , previously under section 4 On checklists PG 15 it does not include direct family member but this new Form checklist shows On section 4 On PG 15 (checklists) direct family member .

Check it out.
The new text on page 15 doesn't mean the rules had changed but that the HO has just improved the clarity of the form. Even with the old version, family members of EEA nationals could have applied directly for BC if they meet the BC requirements (holding PR for a year, 5 years of residence without being absent over the allowed limits, life in the UK etc).

AranUk
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:54 pm

Application sent in October

Post by AranUk » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:59 pm

This waiting is driving me insane.
I keep checking the post office ( track and trace) several times a day. Also noticed that my hair is turning grey quicker. Lol.


Sent my app on the 16th of October.
Received CoA on the 30th of October
PR---- tbc


I send only few bank statement like one or two per year. 2 tv licence bills. Didn't have my husband's p60 so I sent only pay slips ( 6 or 7 per year)

I starting to think that I didn't send enough documents. What do you guys think???!!!!

Thanks

Akky2000us
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Post by Akky2000us » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:45 am

Jambo wrote:
Akky2000us wrote: Few changes are there , previously under section 4 On checklists PG 15 it does not include direct family member but this new Form checklist shows On section 4 On PG 15 (checklists) direct family member .

Check it out.
The new text on page 15 doesn't mean the rules had changed but that the HO has just improved the clarity of the form. Even with the old version, family members of EEA nationals could have applied directly for BC if they meet the BC requirements (holding PR for a year, 5 years of residence without being absent over the allowed limits, life in the UK etc).

It's possible For my EU 'Spouse to Apply For her own Naturilisation now but The prob is that she did not Apply For PR when I did in Oct. We r both 5 And half years In UK and both working?

Your reply Will be appreciated

Thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru
Posts: 8734
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:27 am

Akky2000us wrote:
Jambo wrote:
Akky2000us wrote: Few changes are there , previously under section 4 On checklists PG 15 it does not include direct family member but this new Form checklist shows On section 4 On PG 15 (checklists) direct family member .

Check it out.
The new text on page 15 doesn't mean the rules had changed but that the HO has just improved the clarity of the form. Even with the old version, family members of EEA nationals could have applied directly for BC if they meet the BC requirements (holding PR for a year, 5 years of residence without being absent over the allowed limits, life in the UK etc).

It's possible For my EU 'Spouse to Apply For her own Naturilisation now but The prob is that she did not Apply For PR when I did in Oct. We r both 5 And half years In UK and both working?

Your reply Will be appreciated

Thanks.
Any specific reason that she didn't apply for PR Confirmation that could prevent her from meeting the requirements for naturalisation? If you both qualify for PR, it makes sense to apply at the same time.

Saying that, holding PR Confirmation under EEA regulations is optional. If she meets the requirements she can apply directly. She will need to show she has obtained PR and that she holds such status for at least one year before applying which means being resident in the UK for 6 years at least. She will need to show that you have obtained PR in order to obtain PR herself. If your PR card is not a year old when she applies, she will need to provide evidence to show that you have obtained PR status at least one year before she applies for BC (P60's would do the trick if you work). Her work is not relevant.


See Q1 & Q5 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.

Akky2000us
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Post by Akky2000us » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:36 pm

Jambo wrote:
Akky2000us wrote:
Jambo wrote:
Akky2000us wrote: Few changes are there , previously under section 4 On checklists PG 15 it does not include direct family member but this new Form checklist shows On section 4 On PG 15 (checklists) direct family member .

Check it out.
The new text on page 15 doesn't mean the rules had changed but that the HO has just improved the clarity of the form. Even with the old version, family members of EEA nationals could have applied directly for BC if they meet the BC requirements (holding PR for a year, 5 years of residence without being absent over the allowed limits, life in the UK etc).

Just want to know if EU citizen could apply for Naturalisation after 5 and half yr. I got my PR from her exercising treaty for 5 and half in UK, and She didn't need it cos she is a Germany citizen .

Just let me know if EEA from above country could apply for Naturalisation after 5 and half in Uk and exercise treaty thru working and paying her tax.




It's possible For my EU 'Spouse to Apply For her own Naturilisation now but The prob is that she did not Apply For PR when I did in Oct. We r both 5 And half years In UK and both working?

Your reply Will be appreciated

Thanks.
Any specific reason that she didn't apply for PR Confirmation that could prevent her from meeting the requirements for naturalisation? If you both qualify for PR, it makes sense to apply at the same time.

Saying that, holding PR Confirmation under EEA regulations is optional. If she meets the requirements she can apply directly. She will need to show she has obtained PR and that she holds such status for at least one year before applying which means being resident in the UK for 6 years at least. She will need to show that you have obtained PR in order to obtain PR herself. If your PR card is not a year old when she applies, she will need to provide evidence to show that you have obtained PR status at least one year before she applies for BC (P60's would do the trick if you work). Her work is not relevant.


See Q1 & Q5 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.

Jambo
Respected Guru
Posts: 8734
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:20 pm

Akky2000us wrote:Just want to know if EU citizen could apply for Naturalisation after 5 and half yr. I got my PR from her exercising treaty for 5 and half in UK, and She didn't need it cos she is a Germany citizen .

Just let me know if EEA from above country could apply for Naturalisation after 5 and half in Uk and exercise treaty thru working and paying her tax.
OK. Sorry. I got it all wrong. For some reason I read as if you are the EEA national and you were asking about your non-EEA partner. Just ignore my previous answer.

She can apply directly after 6 years in the UK. 5 years exercising treaty right + 1 year of PR. She will need to show she has obtained PR (providing 5 P60's for example) and that she holds such status for at least one year before applying.

See Q1 & Q5 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.

Mordoklej
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:17 pm

Post by Mordoklej » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:59 am

sissidiana wrote:I got my PR Card yesterday!!! Below is my timeline, looks like they do take about 5 months...

EEA4 application sent on 1 Sep 2012
COA received on 18 Oct 2012 dated 12 Oct 2012
Requested passport back on 19 Nov 2012 received on 5 Dec 2012
Received PR on 1 Feb 2013 dated 17 Jan 2013
If it's 5 months, then not too bad.. Still another 2 months for me then.. I need all back no later than in June so fingers crossed.

siddiqr
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 11:32 am
Location: London

Post by siddiqr » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:45 pm

I received my passport this morning with Permanent residence endorsement. My timeline is as follows:

EEA4 application sent: 3 Sep 2012
COA rec'd: 10 Oct 12
EEA4 refused due to EEA wife's passport not included: 4 Nov 12
Resent application with wife's passport: 3 Dec 12
Wife's passport requested: 10 Dec 12
COA and wife's passport rec'd together in pre-paid SD bag: 7 Jan 13
Requested my own passport: 25 Jan 13
Rec'd my passport and all docs with PR confirmation: 8 Feb 12

Considering HO took my 2nd application as a brand new one and not an extension of the 1st one, they have turned it around in less than 2 months.

Locked
cron