ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
anp
Member
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 1:45 am

Post by anp » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:05 pm

What agreement do you have with your employer? I take he/she must be an understanding one, unlike most.
Be good.

bangash
Newly Registered
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 3:39 pm

Applied for EEA4 on the 2nd

Post by bangash » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:07 pm

I applied for EEA4 on 2/7/2012, EEA2 expires in September 2012,
they got my docs on the 3rd but still no COA,
I have left everything in Gods will, hopefully i receive some good news from them in near future.....:)

spike_UK
Senior Member
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:54 am
Location: Burton upon Trent
Contact:

Re: Applied for EEA4 on the 2nd

Post by spike_UK » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:17 pm

bangash wrote:I applied for EEA4 on 2/7/2012, EEA2 expires in September 2012,
they got my docs on the 3rd but still no COA,
I have left everything in Gods will, hopefully i receive some good news from them in near future.....:)
I think you should write to them, as it's almost 6 months so dont let it pass 6 months.
Good luck mate.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Gigimou
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:22 am

Post by Gigimou » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:59 pm

Applied for EEA4 - 16 June 2012
Received by HO - 19 June 2012
COA recevied .....
PR received .....

I thought i would of at least had my COA by now? My RC only expired end of August, does this have anything to do with it?

Any suggestions shall i call them as it has been 5 weeks now.

Jambo
Respected Guru
Posts: 8734
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Jambo » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:05 pm

Gigimou wrote:Applied for EEA4 - 16 June 2012
Received by HO - 19 June 2012
COA recevied .....
PR received .....

I thought i would of at least had my COA by now? My RC only expired end of August, does this have anything to do with it?

Any suggestions shall i call them as it has been 5 weeks now.
There is no legal requirement for the HO to send CoA for PR Confirmation application (although the HO does send one).
Why do you need CoA anyway?

Gigimou
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:22 am

Post by Gigimou » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:16 pm

Jambo wrote:
Gigimou wrote:Applied for EEA4 - 16 June 2012
Received by HO - 19 June 2012
COA recevied .....
PR received .....

I thought i would of at least had my COA by now? My RC only expired end of August, does this have anything to do with it?

Any suggestions shall i call them as it has been 5 weeks now.
There is no legal requirement for the HO to send CoA for PR Confirmation application (although the HO does send one).
Why do you need CoA anyway?
Hi Jambo

I have no proof that I can work legally in the UK, recruitment agencies request a copy of your passport when you register with them and unfortunately the recruitment consultants are not familiar with EU immigration laws, at least if I have the COA I can show them my passport is with HO.

Jambo
Respected Guru
Posts: 8734
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Jambo » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:25 pm

Gigimou wrote: Hi Jambo

I have no proof that I can work legally in the UK, recruitment agencies request a copy of your passport when you register with them and unfortunately the recruitment consultants are not familiar with EU immigration laws, at least if I have the COA I can show them my passport is with HO.
Call HO and explain you need CoA to prove eligibility to your employer. Alternatively, ask the employer to call the HO employer helpline. The HO should be able to confirm to the employer the application is with them and your eligibility to work.

sarwar74
Junior Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:33 pm

EEA4

Post by sarwar74 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:11 pm

hello i recive COA today i apply on 11.06.2012 still waitnkg to issue pr good luck to evry one

anp
Member
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 1:45 am

Post by anp » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:46 pm

I noticed moderators in other topics of this forum have kept a timeline of the applications. Has anyone done the same for EEA3 & EEA4? If so, may I politely ask you to post it here? If not, could we perhaps start one based on the existing posts?
Be good.

Liberal Immigrant
Member
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: london

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:56 pm

Liberal Immigrant wrote:EEA4 sent 15/05/12
Received by HO: 16/05/12

Am still awaiting COA! Is this normal or do I need to be concerned & start ringing them?

If so, what's the best telephone number to contact them on?

Thanks.

Update: my husband just spoke to the HO. HO confirmed that application has been received & that its not necessary that COA is sent as sometimes application is processed before COA is issued! :| She advised that we should just sit tight & wait.
Received the COA today & it was dated 3rd July 2012. Which means when I called them (see above), EEA4 had already been issued & she tried to hint at it without actually confirming that it had been issued.

Anyway, its great news that its been issued in such a short time, though it was a really well prepared bundle.

Best of luck to every1 else. May the gods be with you :)

Plum70
Diamond Member
Posts: 1363
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Plum70 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'll soon be joining this group of FMs applying for PR confirmation and wanted to find out how how soon some of you have applied before the actual date of automatic PR acquisition.

I will auto attain PR on 30 Nov '12 (my RC card is valid till Sept. '13) but wondered if I could apply between 2 - 4 weeks in advance of this date? The aim being to try to get things sorted well within the 6 month time frame. My case is straight forward - My husband has confirmation of PR, exercised treaty rights in employment for the last 6 years, we have bills and bank statements in joint names to prove continuous residency for the last 5 years (and I can also throw in my P60s from '07 - '12 if needed), our marriage certificate of course.

Has anyone successfully tried this without the UKBA returning their docs unprocessed?

anp
Member
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 1:45 am

Post by anp » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:11 pm

From personal experience, there are no straightforward cases. No matter how "straightforward" you think your case is, you should expect a relatively long wait (~6 months), and possibly a few bureaucratic inconveniences. I hope not, but they are common.

You can apply whenever you are ready. Best of luck.

BTW, what do you mean by "I will auto attain PR on 30 Nov '12..."?
Be good.

mcovet
BANNED
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by mcovet » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:56 am

Plum70 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'll soon be joining this group of FMs applying for PR confirmation and wanted to find out how how soon some of you have applied before the actual date of automatic PR acquisition.

I will auto attain PR on 30 Nov '12 (my RC card is valid till Sept. '13) but wondered if I could apply between 2 - 4 weeks in advance of this date? The aim being to try to get things sorted well within the 6 month time frame. My case is straight forward - My husband has confirmation of PR, exercised treaty rights in employment for the last 6 years, we have bills and bank statements in joint names to prove continuous residency for the last 5 years (and I can also throw in my P60s from '07 - '12 if needed), our marriage certificate of course.

Has anyone successfully tried this without the UKBA returning their docs unprocessed?
I had a case where someone was eligible in April and applied in January, received his PR in July. Heard other cases where people applied earlier, try 1 or 1.5 months in advance, but it is not failproof so no guaranteed here, the worst is they mist return ur pack before Nov'12 if they refuse after u can appeal as the decision to refuse would have been made after u were eligible, they could have requested additional info so i would suggest applying some time in mid-end of September. There is absolutely nothing to lose except a tenner for special del envelopes there and back, otherwise u save time.

Plum70
Diamond Member
Posts: 1363
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Plum70 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:47 am

anp wrote:BTW, what do you mean by "I will auto attain PR on 30 Nov '12..."?
I mean that I automatically acquire PR on 30 Nov. which will be exactly 5 years from when my husband and tied the knot.

Plum70
Diamond Member
Posts: 1363
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Plum70 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:53 am

mcovet wrote:I had a case where someone was eligible in April and applied in January, received his PR in July. Heard other cases where people applied earlier, try 1 or 1.5 months in advance, but it is not failproof so no guaranteed here, the worst is they mist return ur pack before Nov'12 if they refuse after u can appeal as the decision to refuse would have been made after u were eligible, they could have requested additional info so i would suggest applying some time in mid-end of September. There is absolutely nothing to lose except a tenner for special del envelopes there and back, otherwise u save time.
Thanks mcovet. Encouraging news.

I plan on taking a final city break (for this year!) in early October as I prepare to be stuck on the island for up to 6 months once I send my docs to the UKBA, so will apply immediately after i'm back in mid October - 1.5 months in advance.

Once my application is sent I will start documenting my progress here.

Thanks again!

anp
Member
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 1:45 am

Post by anp » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:11 pm

Plum70 wrote:
anp wrote:BTW, what do you mean by "I will auto attain PR on 30 Nov '12..."?
I mean that I automatically acquire PR on 30 Nov. which will be exactly 5 years from when my husband and tied the knot.
Thats not how you automatically acquire the PR. There are other requirements too, as you well know. You will have to present proof of residency for at least 3 years. I wish it was that straightforward.

Furthermore, the expiry date of your RC is irrelavant. I too have applied 4 months before its' expiry.
Be good.

Plum70
Diamond Member
Posts: 1363
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Plum70 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:21 pm

anp wrote:
Plum70 wrote:
anp wrote:BTW, what do you mean by "I will auto attain PR on 30 Nov '12..."?
I mean that I automatically acquire PR on 30 Nov. which will be exactly 5 years from when my husband and tied the knot.
Thats not how you automatically acquire the PR. There are other requirements too, as you well know. You will have to present proof of residency for at least 3 years. I wish it was that straightforward.
You are mistaken. That IS how a family member (spouse) acquires PR. I clearly explained my case so don't see where you've gotten confused. My husband and I have been married for almost 5 years, have (both) exercised treaty rights in employment for at least 5 years and can prove continuous residence for more than 5 years.

What about this is not how one in my position automatically obtains PR?
Furthermore, the expiry date of your RC is irrelavant. I too have applied 4 months before its' expiry.
I know that. I was only making mention to show that I have flexibility till Sept '13 re proving to employers, financial houses, embassies e.t.c that I have rights of residence should I need my passport back at some point.

anp
Member
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 1:45 am

Post by anp » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:41 pm

When PR sticker is stamped in your passport, that when you know that you have attained/acquired it. Otherwise, what's the point of EEA4 application?

By the looks of it, you can acquire it and I wish you best of luck.
Be good.

Plum70
Diamond Member
Posts: 1363
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Plum70 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:45 pm

anp wrote:When PR sticker is stamped in your passport, that when you know that you have attained/acquired it. Otherwise, what's the point of EEA4 application?
Now I see where you've gotten it all wrong. PR for a FM of a EU national is attained automatically after 5 years provided they can prove continuous residence for the period and the EU national has been exercising treaty rights for those 5 years OR has attained PR (and preferably has confirmation of this). See relevant part of the EU Regulation here: Article 18&19 of EU Directive 2004//38/EC. Might reassure you.

Btw, why was your application returned unprocessed first time round?

anp
Member
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 1:45 am

Post by anp » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:44 am

Plum70 wrote:
anp wrote:When PR sticker is stamped in your passport, that when you know that you have attained/acquired it. Otherwise, what's the point of EEA4 application?
Now I see where you've gotten it all wrong. PR for a FM of a EU national is attained automatically after 5 years provided they can prove continuous residence for the period and the EU national has been exercising treaty rights for those 5 years OR has attained PR (and preferably has confirmation of this). See relevant part of the EU Regulation here: Article 18&19 of EU Directive 2004//38/EC. Might reassure you.

Btw, why was your application returned unprocessed first time round?


But you don't "automatically" acquire PR on Nov 2012 just because it has been 5 years since you got married. The only thing me and you have now acquired is the FULL RIGHT to apply for PR. Unfortunately, its not the same as a credit limit increase. We have to apply all over again, even though we automatically qualify. :)

Anyway, our EEA3 & EEA4 applications were returned because HO had requested proof of employment for a specific period for my EEA wife. Fact is letter of confirmation from her employer, Inland Revenue employment history, Worker Registration Certificate, P60s, and so many payslips were ALREADY in the folder we sent. They hadn't checked it properly even though we had organized it so nicely. I re-sent it the same day we received it, this time with a cover letter pointing out their mistake.

My only advice is--be ready to expect anything. We will eventually come through ok.
Be good.

Locked
cron