ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Locked
anp
Member
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 1:45 am

Post by anp » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:38 pm

mellowd wrote:Hi all.

I've recently sent in my EEA3 and EEA4 applications. Wife and I have been married for over 5 years as of April this year. Sent both EEA3 and EEA4 in the same SD envelope.

EEA3/4 sent to UKBA 30/08/12
EEA3/4 received UKBA 31/08/12
Nothing else yet...
Welcome to the long queue.
Be good.

ashpaul1
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:00 am

Post by ashpaul1 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:15 pm

Hi all,

I am recently in the process of applying for EEA4 as my residence card is expiring next month.
Could some one please explain to me how do you manage to obtain Utility bill/bank statements for past 5 years to prove your U.k residency.

Unfortunately, I am missing the bills from 2007 and 2008 and I am finding it difficult to obtain these documents from my Virgin media as they have refused to provide it, haven't tried the bank yet.

Many thanks!

Bing
Junior Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by Bing » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:46 pm

Well, I did not supply these bills as all our bills are under my husband's name. I only provided bank statements and mortgage statements.
ashpaul1 wrote:Hi all,

I am recently in the process of applying for EEA4 as my residence card is expiring next month.
Could some one please explain to me how do you manage to obtain Utility bill/bank statements for past 5 years to prove your U.k residency.

Unfortunately, I am missing the bills from 2007 and 2008 and I am finding it difficult to obtain these documents from my Virgin media as they have refused to provide it, haven't tried the bank yet.

Many thanks!

Bing
Junior Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by Bing » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:47 pm

spike_UK wrote:anp :)
Hey man, u been great and I appreciate ur help and trying calm me down :) whatever decision I get, I like this forum because we have generous people like u and trying their best with advice,, I certainly appreciate ur help, please do get me some information, many thanks.
Could we please text eachother inorder to get more information.
I am sorry to hear that, Spike-UK! Loads of luck to you this time!

ashpaul1
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:00 am

Post by ashpaul1 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:56 pm

Bing wrote:Well, I did not supply these bills as all our bills are under my husband's name. I only provided bank statements and mortgage statements.
ashpaul1 wrote:Hi all,

I am recently in the process of applying for EEA4 as my residence card is expiring next month.
Could some one please explain to me how do you manage to obtain Utility bill/bank statements for past 5 years to prove your U.k residency.

Unfortunately, I am missing the bills from 2007 and 2008 and I am finding it difficult to obtain these documents from my Virgin media as they have refused to provide it, haven't tried the bank yet.

Many thanks!
thanks for replying, will copies of online bank statement help me prove my 5 years residency along with our 5 years p60's? Any idea?

Bing
Junior Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by Bing » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:13 pm

ashpaul1 wrote:
Bing wrote:Well, I did not supply these bills as all our bills are under my husband's name. I only provided bank statements and mortgage statements.
ashpaul1 wrote:Hi all,

I am recently in the process of applying for EEA4 as my residence card is expiring next month.
Could some one please explain to me how do you manage to obtain Utility bill/bank statements for past 5 years to prove your U.k residency.

Unfortunately, I am missing the bills from 2007 and 2008 and I am finding it difficult to obtain these documents from my Virgin media as they have refused to provide it, haven't tried the bank yet.


Many thanks!
thanks for replying, will copies of online bank statement help me prove my 5 years residency along with our 5 years p60's? Any idea?
P60 seems more persuasive than online bank statements to me.

Nira
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:01 am

Post by Nira » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:31 pm

ashpaul1 wrote: thanks for replying, will copies of online bank statement help me prove my 5 years residency along with our 5 years p60's? Any idea?
You can go to your bank branch and ask them to stamp your online statements (to verify they are correct). Or, you can order paper copies of your bank statements. Not sure about all banks, but Bank of Scotland has that facility. My husband managed to order his bank statements using online banking. They charged him £5 for a set of 12 months statements.

Mnc
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: EEA4 Timesclae

Post by Mnc » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:11 am

Hi Guys,

I applied for EEA 4 on 8.05.2012

Had requested my passport back, so received the passport back on 01.06.2012 along with the confirmation of application.

Now its been over 4 months since I applied, any ideas as to how long it may take? Mine is retention of rights based on 4.5 years of marriage. Would that make a difference to the processing times?

Also, in Jan13 it will 6 years since I got married, will I be able to apply for Citizenship in Jan13 ?

Thanks

jotter
Member of Standing
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:51 pm

Re: EEA4 Timesclae

Post by jotter » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:46 pm

Mnc wrote:Hi Guys,

I applied for EEA 4 on 8.05.2012

Had requested my passport back, so received the passport back on 01.06.2012 along with the confirmation of application.

Now its been over 4 months since I applied, any ideas as to how long it may take? Mine is retention of rights based on 4.5 years of marriage. Would that make a difference to the processing times?

Also, in Jan13 it will 6 years since I got married, will I be able to apply for Citizenship in Jan13 ?

Thanks
Expect it to take a full 6 months. So for you the time to start chasing hard is November 8th or the day after. The call centre won't give you the time of day before then anyway.

For your citizenship, you'll typically need to prove 5 years of treaty rights as well as 1 full year of PR. While these can certainly overlap, it's going to be easiest to prove the full year of PR if you can show your EEA4 to demonstrate that. If you are successful with your EEA4 it will be proof that the UKBA agrees that you had 5 years of treaty rights as of May 8th, so assuming you get your EEA4 I'd suggest to apply on or just after May 8th next year. Also when you apply make sure that you were in the UK on that exact date 5 years previously and not overseas on a holiday/business/etc.

Bing
Junior Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by Bing » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:09 pm

Nira wrote:
ashpaul1 wrote: thanks for replying, will copies of online bank statement help me prove my 5 years residency along with our 5 years p60's? Any idea?
You can go to your bank branch and ask them to stamp your online statements (to verify they are correct). Or, you can order paper copies of your bank statements. Not sure about all banks, but Bank of Scotland has that facility. My husband managed to order his bank statements using online banking. They charged him £5 for a set of 12 months statements.
I ordered the same previously. However, when I received the bank statements, my previous addresses were not included. So it was not useful for me.

Bing
Junior Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by Bing » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Hooray! I received my PR today through post.

My timeline is

application sent: 16/04/2012
application received: 17/04/2012

COA received: just after a month's application (can't remember the date)

PR received: 24/09/2012

It took 5 months and 1 week.

Good luck to members who are still waiting.

Thank you very much for all your great help, especially Jambo and Vinny.
Thank you again!

Mnc
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: EEA4 Timesclae

Post by Mnc » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:58 pm

jotter wrote:
Mnc wrote:Hi Guys,

I applied for EEA 4 on 8.05.2012

Had requested my passport back, so received the passport back on 01.06.2012 along with the confirmation of application.

Now its been over 4 months since I applied, any ideas as to how long it may take? Mine is retention of rights based on 4.5 years of marriage. Would that make a difference to the processing times?

Also, in Jan13 it will 6 years since I got married, will I be able to apply for Citizenship in Jan13 ?

Thanks
Expect it to take a full 6 months. So for you the time to start chasing hard is November 8th or the day after. The call centre won't give you the time of day before then anyway.

For your citizenship, you'll typically need to prove 5 years of treaty rights as well as 1 full year of PR. While these can certainly overlap, it's going to be easiest to prove the full year of PR if you can show your EEA4 to demonstrate that. If you are successful with your EEA4 it will be proof that the UKBA agrees that you had 5 years of treaty rights as of May 8th, so assuming you get your EEA4 I'd suggest to apply on or just after May 8th next year. Also when you apply make sure that you were in the UK on that exact date 5 years previously and not overseas on a holiday/business/etc.
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

For PR, I don't mind waiting till November.

Could you shed light on timeline for citizenship? When would the 6 year period start?
Would it start in May 2007 as I applied for PR in May2012, or would it start in Jan 2007 because I got married in January? I got married in the U.K and we have always lived in the U.K.

Assuming that I get PR before Jan2013, I wanted to know if I will be eligible to apply for Citizenship in Jan2013, I was present in the country in Jan2008, so presence should not be an issue.

When should you appear for the Life in the U.K test?

Thanks

Mnc
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:54 pm

Post by Mnc » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:00 pm

Bing wrote:Hooray! I received my PR today through post.

My timeline is

application sent: 16/04/2012
application received: 17/04/2012

COA received: just after a month's application (can't remember the date)

PR received: 24/09/2012

It took 5 months and 1 week.

Good luck to members who are still waiting.

Thank you very much for all your great help, especially Jambo and Vinny.
Thank you again!
Congratulations Man!

asoni1981
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:22 pm

Post by asoni1981 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:39 am

25/05/12 5 year resident card expire
30/04/12 EEA3 & EE4 application sent on
01/05/12 Received by HO
5/07/12 date 22/06/12 COA for EEA4 Received
Also Received EEA3 passport and PR same date
21/09/12 received My PR date 17/09/12

it takes me 4 month 2 week not too bad.

walidukdz
Junior Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:33 am

Post by walidukdz » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:52 pm

asoni1981 wrote:25/05/12 5 year resident card expire
30/04/12 EEA3 & EE4 application sent on
01/05/12 Received by HO
5/07/12 date 22/06/12 COA for EEA4 Received
Also Received EEA3 passport and PR same date
21/09/12 received My PR date 17/09/12

it takes me 4 month 2 week not too bad.
congrats man !!!
EEA3 & EEA4 sent 26 June 2012
Received by HO 27 June 2012
COA for EEA4 application received 19 July 2012 (dated 13 July 2012)
PR for EEA3 received 26 July2012 (dated 13 July 2012)
PR for EEA4 received 1st november 2012 (dated 29 October 2012

jotter
Member of Standing
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:51 pm

Post by jotter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:56 am

Hi all,

Just to let you know my COA came today. Permission to accept job offers and all that.

My details:
EEA4 application sent: July 4th
UKBA received: July 5th
COA received: September 28th (dated September 25th)
PR: ??

This is an EEA4 application only (not sent with EEA3).

Best of luck to all.

UKnow
Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:52 pm

COA arrived today

Post by UKnow » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:01 pm

Hello All..
I just received my COA today ( almost 3 months after my submission), here is my timelines:

EEA4 application for EU spouse visa :
1- Application sent to UKBA on the 4th of July 2012
2- Application received by UKBA 5th of July 2012
3- COA received today 28th of Sep 2012 and dates the 24th of September with permission to work in UK
4- PR .. still waiting..

It seems that all applications are taking longer to process so there is no need to worry..
UKnow

anp
Member
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 1:45 am

Post by anp » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:22 am

Hi all,

I got a ¨something for you¨ card from Royal Mail this morning. I missed their delivery. I tried to pick it up today, but was told that it is still with the driver. I will try again later today, otherwise I will have to wait until Monday.

I think it might be something from UKBA. The code AU XXXX XXXX XGB is very similar in format to the one my wife had when she received her EEA3 PR. Do you reckon it is from L2 0QN? I tried tracking it, but there is no info on the sender.
Be good.

anp
Member
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 1:45 am

Post by anp » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:56 pm

Good news!!!

Today I finally received my EEA4 PR.

My timeline:

EEA3 & EEA4 received at HO 22 June 12
Docs. returned 13 July 12
EEA3 & EEA4 Re-Sent on 13 July 2012.
COA for EEA4 received 14 Aug 12 (dated 09 Aug 12)
EEA3 PR received on 17 Aug 12 (dated 09 Aug 12)
EEA4 PR received 29 Sep 12 (dated 14 Sep 12)

Must say that I wasn´t expecting to get it before Xmas after reading most timelines here, but I got lucky. Case was pretty straightforward though. Married in UK, partner working the whole last 5 years, and lived together ever since.

Best of luck to everyone! All I can advice is that once you sent your application, try to keep you mind off it. Carry on with your life as you usual. Worrying won´t help!

Again, a BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE for the advices and encouragement. This forum has been indispensable and there are some great people logging in here and helping out. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Be good.

babyjake
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 11:12 am

EEA4 - PR Received : )

Post by babyjake » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi All

Finally received my PR today. My time line is as follows:
Application posted : 26/04/12
Application received by HO: 27/04/12
COA Received (after chasing few times): 03/07/12
EEA4 PR Received: 03/10/12 (Dated 20/09/12)

So the total turn around time is 5 months and 1 week. My application was straight forward as I am married to a EEA national and lived here for over 5 years and have a son born in the UK.
I would like to say BIG THANKS to all on this forum who have given some really good feedback. Good luck to all who are waiting.

Locked
cron