ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lina katen
Newly Registered

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Post by lina katen » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:19 am

Hi
I applied for EEA4 on around the 25th of january 2010. UKBA called my lawyer asking for the latest payslips. I might have missed the last month's payslip to complete the 5 years required excersising traety right not sure.

My question:

1-Starting in june 2009 UKBA check all applications before proccessing.If an EEA4 application is incomplete do the UKBA return the application to you?

2-I did not recieve COA. Is that normal procedures to ask for such information (latest payslips) before issueing COA?If not does that mean they started processing my appliation?

3-I read online that in the last few months there are people who got EEA4 and EEA2 visa's approved in just a month or even a few weeks. Do you think this will be the case with me or just wishful thinking.

minnie77
Newly Registered

Post by minnie77 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:20 am

1) It did happen to me. I send EEA3 & EEA4 on 6/01/10, as it got return on 22/01/10 because they need evidence of 5 years resident in UK from me (Non-EEA). Re-send it with more document next day

2) Receive my COA last week, so hopefully mean my application is complete this time

3) I guess they did improve their processing time according they have already checked my application form within 2 weeks since I send it.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:24 pm

Applications are checked by UKBA admin staff quite quickly now to ensure validity & necessary docs have been provided. This is different from applications being processed and finalised by (senior) case workers.

The UKBA's service standards may have improved since Dec. 09 but I doubt that this translates to a substantial amount of RCs being issued in a month or so.

I may be proved wrong though...

lina katen
Newly Registered

Post by lina katen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:23 pm

Thanks Plum and minnie for your reply. I have a feeling that my application was returned and my lawyer has not told me. He claimed that some one from the UKBA has called him requiring more information to complete the application. The only thing that threw me off was the fact that my lawyer told me the application was not returned. If it was returned then I can undertand the procedure.

gemma
Newly Registered

Post by gemma » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi All,

Any more updates about your EEA4 application ? Have you received your passport back yet ?

I am in similar boat, submitted in late Jan2010, and received confirmation early Feb. Immigration lawyer hired by my company has been helping me with my case. But have no replies or updates from home office since then. So far until today, it's over 6 months. Really frustrated and desperate wanting to go travelling... Have been solicitor once a week, but they claimed there wasn't much they could do about it!!!! Called home office, never went through, once luckily enough to talk to somebody on the phone, the woman refused to review ANY INFORMATION!!!

Any ones has been informed ?

gosh, with i could receive it back asap!

Gemma :evil: :twisted:

dj25000

hi..

Post by dj25000 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:03 am

HI Gemma,

Why dont you ask for your passport back...the EU rules say HO has to complete teh process within 6 months max..i wonder if you ask for your passpoprt back saying you need to travel urgently, they will simply just return your passport with required visa...i have heard few cases like this..

Best of luck.

D

gemma
Newly Registered

Post by gemma » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:33 pm

thanks dj25000 .
hmm.. don't want to postpone the process time again!.

Really don't know what to do :-(

Anyone has got their passport back!?

dj25000

Post by dj25000 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:30 pm

HI,
I have spoken to the HO and they said having your passport back does not make any difference to your queue or processing time. This was confirmed to me by 2 different persons when i called HO last week.

But hey, if you can wait , why not. :D

best of luck.

D

coconutsforme

Post by coconutsforme » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:24 am

gemma wrote:Hi All,

Any more updates about your EEA4 application ? Have you received your passport back yet ?

I am in similar boat, submitted in late Jan2010, and received confirmation early Feb. Immigration lawyer hired by my company has been helping me with my case. But have no replies or updates from home office since then. So far until today, it's over 6 months. Really frustrated and desperate wanting to go travelling... Have been solicitor once a week, but they claimed there wasn't much they could do about it!!!! Called home office, never went through, once luckily enough to talk to somebody on the phone, the woman refused to review ANY INFORMATION!!!

Hi Gemma,

I really hope that you have already received your passports, and lying under the sun somewhere in the Medditerranean)

If not, i would suggest, you keep calling them (try in the early hours of morning when lines are less busy) if someone doesn't disclose you the information, on your next try someone will.

Let us know the outcome.
Ta

minnie77
Newly Registered

Post by minnie77 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:43 pm

gemma wrote:thanks dj25000 .

I have my passport returned yesterday.

My story is :

I send my passport to them on 5/01/10, call them on 25/07/2010. Been told my application is in the final stage. Told them I need to be travel at the end of August, they promise I should have my passport back by then. Call again Last Monday, been told to wait until last Friday. Call again at Last Friday, said I really need to have the passport back as holiday already booked. The person on the phone still insist it's still in the final stage and if I request my passport back will delay the process. But I told them I really need it as my husband grandmother is having her 93th birthday party, so we need to go back to Holland to celebrate her birthday.

We finally received our passport back yesterday with the permanent residence card & permit have already been issued on the 8th july 2010. I just don't understand why they stilll keep telling us our application are still in final stage when it have been finished moer than a month ago. So if I didn't request my passport back, I don't know how long I will still need to wait to get it return.

So I suggest you call them and said you need the passport to travel. It should help.

dj25000

HI MInnie

Post by dj25000 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:59 pm

HI Minnie, I am in the final stage of sending my aplication for eea4 . Would you let me know what supporting documents you sent exactly for your self and your sponsor please.

Also, would it be possible for you let me know what does it say on your the PR stamp on the passport please.

Best regards,
DJ

gemma
Newly Registered

Post by gemma » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Hi minnie77,

Thanks, unfortunately, i am still waiting here!!! haven no where to go and it's been 8 months since i took long holiday, almost dying right now :-(

sighhhhhh... hopefully soon. my lawyer has managed to talk to someone confirming it's in final stage, but couldn't disclose when i will get it back.. Gosh it's killing me. They are unbelievable.!
coconutsforme wrote:
gemma wrote:Hi All,

Hi Gemma,

I really hope that you have already received your passports, and lying under the sun somewhere in the Medditerranean)

If not, i would suggest, you keep calling them (try in the early hours of morning when lines are less busy) if someone doesn't disclose you the information, on your next try someone will.

Let us know the outcome.
Ta
:evil: :x

gemma
Newly Registered

Post by gemma » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:29 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
minnie77 wrote:
gemma wrote:thanks dj25000 .

I have my passport returned yesterday.

My story is :

I send my passport to them on 5/01/10, call them on 25/07/2010. Been told my application is in the final stage. Told them I need to be travel at the end of August, they promise I should have my passport back by then. Call again Last Monday, been told to wait until last Friday. Call again at Last Friday, said I really need to have the passport back as holiday already booked. The person on the phone still insist it's still in the final stage and if I request my passport back will delay the process. But I told them I really need it as my husband grandmother is having her 93th birthday party, so we need to go back to Holland to celebrate her birthday.

We finally received our passport back yesterday with the permanent residence card & permit have already been issued on the 8th july 2010. I just don't understand why they stilll keep telling us our application are still in final stage when it have been finished moer than a month ago. So if I didn't request my passport back, I don't know how long I will still need to wait to get it return.

So I suggest you call them and said you need the passport to travel. It should help.

gusola
Newly Registered

Post by gusola » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi boys and girls!

I'm more or less in the same position as you guys, I sent my stuff on 23Feb10 and recvd my COA on 10Mar10, the only difference with you guys is that my European wife (now ex) left the country 3 years ago and I have no way of tracking her down, honestly she disappeared from the face of the earth...
Obvisouly we comply with the "retention of residence" as we were married for more than 3 years and she exercised treaty rights for more than a year here in the UK (confirmed by the HO in numerous calls over the years)...plus I have been working for the same company since I arrived in 2005, got a degree from a UK univ in the meantime, etc...
It is been now 6 months since I sent the ppwrk but no a word from the HO...I'm scared to death they might refuse my application on the basis that she left me and the country, I tell you guys everyday that passes by I become more and more miserable and nervous...as I dont wanna go or be sent back home, I have a life here and hope it will continue to be so, as opposed to a lot of ppl I know, I DO like this country and I'm grateful for what it's given me so far and hope to be here in the long run...
I just wanna see the back end of this soon and of course a positive result will help!
Just wanted to share my experience...
by the way the number I got it goes straight into answer machine...could anyone provide a new one for me plsssss???

troubled

Post by troubled » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:55 pm

gusola wrote:Hi boys and girls!

I'm more or less in the same position as you guys, I sent my stuff on 23Feb10 and recvd my COA on 10Mar10, the only difference with you guys is that my European wife (now ex) left the country 3 years ago and I have no way of tracking her down, honestly she disappeared from the face of the earth...
Obvisouly we comply with the "retention of residence" as we were married for more than 3 years and she exercised treaty rights for more than a year here in the UK (confirmed by the HO in numerous calls over the years)...plus I have been working for the same company since I arrived in 2005, got a degree from a UK univ in the meantime, etc...
It is been now 6 months since I sent the ppwrk but no a word from the HO...I'm scared to death they might refuse my application on the basis that she left me and the country, I tell you guys everyday that passes by I become more and more miserable and nervous...as I dont wanna go or be sent back home, I have a life here and hope it will continue to be so, as opposed to a lot of ppl I know, I DO like this country and I'm grateful for what it's given me so far and hope to be here in the long run...
I just wanna see the back end of this soon and of course a positive result will help!
Just wanted to share my experience...
by the way the number I got it goes straight into answer machine...could anyone provide a new one for me plsssss???
Call this number 01516725626 it is cheap and costs just like national rate.

gusola
Newly Registered

Post by gusola » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:03 pm

Hi Troubled

Thank you! I just tried this number but it's the same answer machine, it says: "we can't provide information...etc etc...for up to date processing times go to www...

Any other number?

Thank you

coconutsforme

Post by coconutsforme » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:45 am

gusola wrote:Hi Troubled

Thank you! I just tried this number but it's the same answer machine, it says: "we can't provide information...etc etc...for up to date processing times go to www...

Any other number?

Thank you
there's no other number! Try early in the mornings, eventually you'll get through

gusola
Newly Registered

Post by gusola » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:26 am

thank you! I'll keep trying...

troubled

Post by troubled » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:04 am

gusola wrote:Hi Troubled

Any other number?

Thank you
that number works all the time,normally you are placed in a queue.When you call press option 1 and 2

gusola
Newly Registered

Post by gusola » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi Troubled!

At last I managed to get through to them, they said they sent a letter on 18th Aug in the envelope provided by me (recorded delivery) obviously they can't provide any info (re good or bad news), now I went into the royal mail webpage but that reference number still hasn't been recvd by them, so dnt know what happened there, just play the waiting game now I suppose...I ran out of nails already!

thank you very much my friend I'll keep u guys posted...

gemma
Newly Registered

Post by gemma » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:54 pm

:? why i never ever get through the number :'(
honeslty, i am really pissed off with HOME OFFICE, i just want to have a passport to have a life back!. i maanged to get through once, but they just refused to say anything!. it's way over 6 months, it's now almost 7 months, I AM GOING MAD!. never been so upset by the passport issue before! Gosh!.. for god's sack, i pay huge amount of tax every year, can't even get the basic service!

coconutsforme

Post by coconutsforme » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:34 pm

gemma wrote::? why i never ever get through the number :'(
honeslty, i am really pissed off with HOME OFFICE, i just want to have a passport to have a life back!. i maanged to get through once, but they just refused to say anything!. it's way over 6 months, it's now almost 7 months, I AM GOING MAD!. never been so upset by the passport issue before! Gosh!.. for god's sack, i pay huge amount of tax every year, can't even get the basic service!
i think if the assessment exceeds 6 months, you are eligible to write a formal complaint.

gusola
Newly Registered

Post by gusola » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:20 pm

All,

Called them (HO) again today and they confirmed that they def sent something through the post as "sign for" on 18th Aug, they can't say what it is, they can't say whether is approved or refused...all my orig docs are there, my entire life is there...
To add to my stress sign for is something one would usually get next day according to royal mail in a telephone call today...and that the only way of tracking it down is once it has been signed by someone here in my house they put it on the internet as proof of dlvry...in the meantime there is no other way of knowing anything...if its gone missing then royal mail will refund me with 10 post stamps! so basically I've just exchanged all my orig docs incl passport, payslips, letter of employment, univ degree, bank statements, etc to some dodgy royal mail employee who then will sell it for a few quid to let somebody else in the country and all I'm gonna get is TEN stamps (much rather sell my soul to you know who!)! I mean I have always trusted the mail but one tend to hear so many things about identity theft and gangs operating from within royal mail...I'm about to have a heart attack!
oh my Goddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Anybody been through the same situation??? I know I'm over reacting and that its only early days but you guys know how frustrating this feels...specially when they told me it was already sent...I was ok until they said that because I knew where my stuff was...but now that its in the middle of nowhere I'm very, extremelly, utterly worried...

waking up very early tomorrow again to wait for the postman! at whatever time he decides to show up...today was after 12...the day before 9:30 so who knows he might turn up tomorrow at 10...bless him

gemma
Newly Registered

Post by gemma » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:05 am

Well, thanks to the number! Finally got through. Was told decision has been made, waiting to be dispatched! And no more information afterwards. No matter what I said, she just refuses to tell me more information. Gosh, all this really makes me frustrated and angry and powerless!!!! Anyone has experience how much longer it will take after it's awaiting for dispatch??

gemma wrote::? why i never ever get through the number :'(

gusola
Newly Registered

Post by gusola » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:35 am

[quote="gemma"]Well, thanks to the number! Finally got through. Was told decision has been made, waiting to be dispatched! And no more information afterwards. No matter what I said, she just refuses to tell me more information. Gosh, all this really makes me frustrated and angry and powerless!!!! Anyone has experience how much longer it will take after it's awaiting for dispatch??

Gemma

You were lucky, I have been in the phone to them for the last week or so and still hasnt been told a decision has been made...

I think you just gotta wait just like me, I know the whole thing is nerve wracking but there's no other option but to wait...

Be patient because after the decision is made, they have to issue your visa and attach it to your passport, among other things, only then they send it to you

all the best and keep us posted!