ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Children and Non-EU parents.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

uchida

EU Children and Non-EU parents.

Post by uchida » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:54 am

Hi guys,
Just a quick enquiry for a family friend.
They are a family of four (parents with two young kids 6 and 1 year olds) The 6 year old is on a spectrum, hence has a disability. They live in Spain. The kids are Spanish citizens but the parents aren't. They are not EU citizens.

My question is: Can the family move to the UK on the steam of the Spanish kids? Is there a ground for that move?

Cheers

alterhase58
Germany

Re: EU Children and Non-EU parents.

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:25 am

UK is no longer in the EU. Parents cannot immigrate to the Uk based on EU nationality children. Parents need to find a uk visa route, work visa most likely which is no easy to get.
Appreciate one of the children has a disability but that wouldn’t gain a visa on its own.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.