ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU FAMILY SCHEME

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Roukie16
Newly Registered
Italy

EU FAMILY SCHEME

Post by Roukie16 » Tue May 03, 2022 6:12 pm

How long does it take for the EU family scheme visa to get ready from the DMC offices?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: EU FAMILY SCHEME

Post by alterhase58 » Tue May 03, 2022 8:44 pm

I assume you are referring to the EU Settled Status Family Permit? Judging by comments here and and elsewhere it could take months. Not sure what the "DMC Office" is but UKVI is the Home Office division dealing with applications and there are long delays affecting many different applications.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

secret.simon

Re: EU FAMILY SCHEME

Post by secret.simon » Wed May 04, 2022 6:42 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 8:44 pm
Not sure what the "DMC Office" is
I had to google it (having never come across it myself), but apparently it is the "Decision Making Centre". Not sure where that is located though.

To the OP: Be aware that between the pandemic, the war in Ukraine and the usual Home Office efficiency, most immigration and other HO applications (such as passports) are taking longer than usual.

The speed of the application may also depend on factors such as the relationship of the applicant to the EEA citizen, where (which visa centre) they applied from, etc.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.