ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Pre-settlement applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tucumano
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

EU Pre-settlement applications

Post by tucumano » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:16 pm

I am a non-EU citizen, married to a UK citizen We did the Surinder Singh route in Spain and returned to the UK in December 2017. I received my UKRC ( Family Member, EU Residence ) in August 2018.
I am unclear what happens next.

I thought all I needed to do was to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme and answer 3 simple questions. Now I'm hearing that it is a much longer, paper process and probably the same sort of application that I completed last August. Does anyone know if this is correct and if so, why are Surinder Singh applications treated differently to other EU law applications?

A related question concerns my son. He is 18 and is currently living with us on a visitor visa. He did not live in Spain with us as he was at school in Argentina. Is he allowed to apply to the settlement scheme as part of my application, through his own application, or not at all?

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Re: EU Pre-settlement applications

Post by JAMAA » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:44 pm

Don't worry about how to apply online or paper it is a same, but you should wait till December 2022 you are here at that time completing 5 years and you can apply for Permanent Residence PR.

I am not sure about your son, how long are you married, is your son born from British Citizen you need more information about your son parents status.

masoud62

Post by masoud62 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:09 am

JAMAA wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:44 pm
Don't worry about how to apply online or paper it is a same, but you should wait till December 2022 you are here at that time completing 5 years and you can apply for Permanent Residence PR.

I am not sure about your son, how long are you married, is your son born from British Citizen you need more information about your son parents status.

you know nothing, why are postimg nonsense in here?

tucumano
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Post by tucumano » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:35 am

I've had an updated reply from Your Europe who have said that because we are applying to the Settlement Scheme less than a year after receiving the UKRC, then my wife will not have to answer the same questions again. They confirm that it will be a paper application and they have also confirmed that my wife's son cannot be part of the application as he was not resident with us in Spain when we were undertaking the SS route.
I suppose it's a question of waiting to see what happens when someone actually receives one of these forms!

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:58 am

masoud62 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:09 am
JAMAA wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:44 pm

you know nothing, why are postimg nonsense in here?
Please post in responsible way and not make personality i am respect you and you are not moderator member to tell to write or not,