ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settled Status If Divorced?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aarontran2506
Newly Registered
Vietnam

EU Settled Status If Divorced?

Post by aarontran2506 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:00 pm

Helo

I am male, non EU. I married my wife in Feb 2018 in the UK and we have been living together in the UK ever since then.
I used to hold an EU residence card but now have switched to EU pre settled status. My wife has Settled status.

Our relationship is not going well at the moment and I anticipate a separation/divorce soon, probably before Feb 2023 when I achieve 5 years of residence.

My question is, if a divorce/separation is to happen, where do I stand on my residence right here in the UK? I woud like to be naturalised as British as soon as I am eligible.

If we were to separate but not divorce for the purpose of achieving 5 years of marriage so I can apply for settled status mkre easily, what would the application process be like for me if my wife will not ckntribute anything to help make my application easy?

What is the documents I need to submit? We have been living in my sister's house ever since and have no bills in our name, but our bank statement shows the same address. However if we were to separate I dont think my wife would give any of her document to help me.

goodpartner
Ukraine

Re: EU Settled Status If Divorced?

Post by goodpartner » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:35 pm

Hi,

Based on guidelines

you will have to provide with

1. a proof of residence in UK which can be proved by Payslips, bank-statements, p60, self-assessment etc.
2. Proof of relationship(marriage lasted longer than 3 years) and 1 year of residency during those 3 years you were in UK.
3. Decree absolute

In case if your divorce is not finalised yet you can explain it to caseworker than you are in separation stage and cannot provide your EX ID and based on what people wrote here, they usually can locate your EX ID because initially it is already linked to your pre-settlement status.