ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlememt permit for older child

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Petranile
Newly Registered

EU settlememt permit for older child

Post by Petranile » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:16 pm

Hello,

Asking for a family friend, can an application be made for an older child who works and not dependent on parent. He would like to visit his mother and not to stay in the country. What type of application should he apply to, if not this one.

kamoe

Re: EU settlememt permit for older child

Post by kamoe » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:22 am

Petranile wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:16 pm
Hello,

Asking for a family friend, can an application be made for an older child who works and not dependent on parent. He would like to visit his mother and not to stay in the country. What type of application should he apply to, if not this one.
If the "child" is a EU national, then they don't need a visa to just visit the UK.

But maybe, is there anything that makes them think they will have an issue? What's the nationality of the child? Of the mother? Does the mother have Settled Status? Etc.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Petranile
Newly Registered

Post by Petranile » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:33 am

Thanks for the response.

The child is Nigerian, however the mother is Portuguese by status. The mother currently hold a settled status in the UK.

The child is 30years and currently working so unsure which application to make as he is not fully financially dependent on the mother.

Do you have to be financially dependent on your EU sponsor to apply for EU settlement permit?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:41 am

Petranile wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:33 am
Thanks for the response.

The child is Nigerian, however the mother is Portuguese by status. The mother currently hold a settled status in the UK.

The child is 30years and currently working so unsure which application to make as he is not fully financially dependent on the mother.

Do you have to be financially dependent on your EU sponsor to apply for EU settlement permit?
Not a child.
Offspring over the age of 21 need to be dependent on their sponsor, therefore he does not qualify for the EUSS.
According to the "Do you need a visa?" form, and the situation you have described, he most likely needs a standard visitor visa to come to the UK: https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/nigeria/tourism/yes
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Petranile
Newly Registered

Post by Petranile » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:28 am

Thank you for the information