ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
38
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
21
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
14
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
15
16%
Received after 3 months.
1
1%
 
Total votes: 93

Alpha1384
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:22 am

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Alpha1384 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:57 pm

daddyzico wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:29 am
Alpha1384 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:30 pm
Just out of curiosity, will the scenario below qualify for settled status?

Non EU family member
Married 2012
RC granted 2016 after a long battle with the HO.
Pre settled status granted June 2019

Since I’ve been married since 2012 and been living with my EU wife all this time (7 years) don’t I qualify for settled status although I’ve not fully covered 5 years on the RC?

Thanks
You qualify for PR and Settled Status
I heard somewhere that for non-eu family members, eligibility begins from when you are issued with the RC?

Miguel2018
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:58 pm
Italy

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Miguel2018 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:16 pm

Ruthy wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:25 pm
Miguel2018 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:21 pm
Hello
Have any european passport holder waiting for more than 5 working days for a settlement decision?
Yes my husband applied on the 21th October tomorrow 4thwill make two weeks. He is eu living in Uk for 7yrs no reply yet
Hello Ruthy,
have your husband receive any news about the decision?
He tried to contact them to find out?
I saw some EU applicants getting the decision with 13 working days , so I hope your husband receive the news soon.
Today I have 6 working days since I applied :(

Leo_one
Junior Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 8:43 pm
France

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Leo_one » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:29 pm

Fifii wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:26 pm
Applied settled status as a family member (daughter) of EEA national. Father got his settled status end of aug.
I have got residence card of eea family member from last 5 years and its on my passport I have linked my application with my father.
Applied on 29.08.19
Biometric done 03.09.19
Its been more than 2 months now but I haven’t receive COA or any response from them :?
Its to late and you should write to resolution centre.

Adamco1
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:50 pm
Egypt

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Adamco1 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:50 pm

Alpha1384 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:30 pm
Just out of curiosity, will the scenario below qualify for settled status?

Non EU family member
Married 2012
RC granted 2016 after a long battle with the HO.
Pre settled status granted June 2019

Since I’ve been married since 2012 and been living with my EU wife all this time (7 years) don’t I qualify for settled status although I’ve not fully covered 5 years on the RC?

Thanks

Of course you must get settled Statues
As per home office when called me and another friends the main rule for non eu family member is 5 years since marriage certificate date

Fifii
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:16 pm

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Fifii » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:53 pm

Leo_one wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:29 pm
Fifii wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:26 pm
Applied settled status as a family member (daughter) of EEA national. Father got his settled status end of aug.
I have got residence card of eea family member from last 5 years and its on my passport I have linked my application with my father.
Applied on 29.08.19
Biometric done 03.09.19
Its been more than 2 months now but I haven’t receive COA or any response from them :?
Its to late and you should write to resolution centre.
I have called them so many times and finally today I have received my COA finally.

Leo_one
Junior Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 8:43 pm
France

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Leo_one » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:07 pm

Fifii wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:53 pm
Leo_one wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:29 pm
Fifii wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:26 pm
Applied settled status as a family member (daughter) of EEA national. Father got his settled status end of aug.
I have got residence card of eea family member from last 5 years and its on my passport I have linked my application with my father.
Applied on 29.08.19
Biometric done 03.09.19
Its been more than 2 months now but I haven’t receive COA or any response from them :?
Its to late and you should write to resolution centre.
I have called them so many times and finally today I have received my COA finally.
Though your application is very straight and only reason for delay they got very busy. I'm also waiting COA for my mother'application but it's only 3 weeks submitted the biometric.

daddyzico
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:03 am
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by daddyzico » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:45 pm

Alpha1384 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:57 pm
daddyzico wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:29 am
Alpha1384 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:30 pm
Just out of curiosity, will the scenario below qualify for settled status?

Non EU family member
Married 2012
RC granted 2016 after a long battle with the HO.
Pre settled status granted June 2019

Since I’ve been married since 2012 and been living with my EU wife all this time (7 years) don’t I qualify for settled status although I’ve not fully covered 5 years on the RC?

Thanks
You qualify for PR and Settled Status
I heard somewhere that for non-eu family members, eligibility begins from when you are issued with the RC?
It starts from when you married(and started living in the UK) and not when the RC was issued

Fifii
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:16 pm

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Fifii » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:46 pm

Received my Settled status today. Alhumdulillah
Here is my timeline
Applied on 29.08.19
Biometric done 03.09.19
COA received 04.11.19
Settled status received 04.11.19
:D :D
I hope everyone will get good news soon. Best of luck :)

Fifii
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:16 pm

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Fifii » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:47 pm

Leo_one wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:07 pm
Fifii wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:53 pm
Leo_one wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:29 pm
Fifii wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:26 pm
Applied settled status as a family member (daughter) of EEA national. Father got his settled status end of aug.
I have got residence card of eea family member from last 5 years and its on my passport I have linked my application with my father.
Applied on 29.08.19
Biometric done 03.09.19
Its been more than 2 months now but I haven’t receive COA or any response from them :?
Its to late and you should write to resolution centre.
I have called them so many times and finally today I have received my COA finally.
Though your application is very straight and only reason for delay they got very busy. I'm also waiting COA for my mother'application but it's only 3 weeks submitted the biometric.
Got my settled today :)

Leo_one
Junior Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 8:43 pm
France

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Leo_one » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:46 am

Fifii wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:47 pm
Leo_one wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:07 pm
Fifii wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:53 pm
Leo_one wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:29 pm

Its to late and you should write to resolution centre.
I have called them so many times and finally today I have received my COA finally.
Though your application is very straight and only reason for delay they got very busy. I'm also waiting COA for my mother'application but it's only 3 weeks submitted the biometric.
Got my settled today :)
Congratulations.

abbk000
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:45 am

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by abbk000 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:30 am

Miguel2018 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:16 pm
Ruthy wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:25 pm
Miguel2018 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:21 pm
Hello
Have any european passport holder waiting for more than 5 working days for a settlement decision?
Yes my husband applied on the 21th October tomorrow 4thwill make two weeks. He is eu living in Uk for 7yrs no reply yet
Hello Ruthy,
have your husband receive any news about the decision?
He tried to contact them to find out?
I saw some EU applicants getting the decision with 13 working days , so I hope your husband receive the news soon.
Today I have 6 working days since I applied
My EEA (Portuguese) Husband applied on 01/08/19 was told to send his National ID card, which we did. His card was returned on 06/08/19 and CoA was emailed that same day and that’s all.

We’ve been waiting for 3 months now and have called several time but was told application was with the case worker. Called last month and they said it will be escalated but still nothing.

Met our MP last week and she said she will contact the HO for us.

I am non EU so my application is dependent on his :cry:

Miguel2018
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:58 pm
Italy

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Miguel2018 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:40 pm

abbk000 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:30 am
Miguel2018 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:16 pm
Ruthy wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:25 pm
Miguel2018 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:21 pm
Hello
Have any european passport holder waiting for more than 5 working days for a settlement decision?
Yes my husband applied on the 21th October tomorrow 4thwill make two weeks. He is eu living in Uk for 7yrs no reply yet
Hello Ruthy,
have your husband receive any news about the decision?
He tried to contact them to find out?
I saw some EU applicants getting the decision with 13 working days , so I hope your husband receive the news soon.
Today I have 6 working days since I applied
My EEA (Portuguese) Husband applied on 01/08/19 was told to send his National ID card, which we did. His card was returned on 06/08/19 and CoA was emailed that same day and that’s all.

We’ve been waiting for 3 months now and have called several time but was told application was with the case worker. Called last month and they said it will be escalated but still nothing.

Met our MP last week and she said she will contact the HO for us.

I am non EU so my application is dependent on his :cry:
Hi Abbk00,
Thank for your reply,
Sorry to hear that this is taking so long, I don't understand why they are taking too long to let us know an decision.
I hope your Husband have a good news soon for you to be able to apply.
Keep us posted.

Miguel2018
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:58 pm
Italy

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Miguel2018 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:12 am

abbk000 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:30 am
Miguel2018 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:16 pm
Ruthy wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:25 pm
Miguel2018 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:21 pm
Hello
Have any european passport holder waiting for more than 5 working days for a settlement decision?
Yes my husband applied on the 21th October tomorrow 4thwill make two weeks. He is eu living in Uk for 7yrs no reply yet
Hello Ruthy,
have your husband receive any news about the decision?
He tried to contact them to find out?
I saw some EU applicants getting the decision with 13 working days , so I hope your husband receive the news soon.
Today I have 6 working days since I applied
My EEA (Portuguese) Husband applied on 01/08/19 was told to send his National ID card, which we did. His card was returned on 06/08/19 and CoA was emailed that same day and that’s all.

We’ve been waiting for 3 months now and have called several time but was told application was with the case worker. Called last month and they said it will be escalated but still nothing.

Met our MP last week and she said she will contact the HO for us.

I am non EU so my application is dependent on his :cry:
Morning abbk00,
Your husband received any news?
I still waiting as well :cry:

Miguel2018
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:58 pm
Italy

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Miguel2018 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:13 am

Miguel2018 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:16 pm
Ruthy wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:25 pm
Miguel2018 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:21 pm
Hello
Have any european passport holder waiting for more than 5 working days for a settlement decision?
Yes my husband applied on the 21th October tomorrow 4thwill make two weeks. He is eu living in Uk for 7yrs no reply yet
Hello Ruthy,
have your husband receive any news about the decision?
He tried to contact them to find out?
I saw some EU applicants getting the decision with 13 working days , so I hope your husband receive the news soon.
Today I have 6 working days since I applied :(
Morning Ruthy,
Your husband received any news?
I still waiting as well :cry:

Ehs763
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:54 am

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Ehs763 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:41 pm

:!: :x :roll:
I'm sick of this response each time i enquire..

We understand that you have not received any further notifications about the progress of your application.
Having checked our records, we can confirm that your application has been submitted successfully. The caseworker acknowledged receipt of your valid application via an email sent to you on 21 May 2019.
As you are aware, your case is currently under consideration. You will be notified by the caseworker if any additional information is required or when a decision is made.
Each application is considered on a case-by-case basis. Therefore, we are unable to give a timescale for completion. However, helping you obtain your status is of utmost importance to us. Please rest assured that we will notify the caseworker today of your email and concerns.

dimiku
Junior Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:47 pm
Albania

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by dimiku » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:21 pm

Ehs763 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:41 pm
:!: :x :roll:
I'm sick of this response each time i enquire..

We understand that you have not received any further notifications about the progress of your application.
Having checked our records, we can confirm that your application has been submitted successfully. The caseworker acknowledged receipt of your valid application via an email sent to you on 21 May 2019.

As you are aware, your case is currently under consideration. You will be notified by the caseworker if any additional information is required or when a decision is made.
Each application is considered on a case-by-case basis. Therefore, we are unable to give a timescale for completion. However, helping you obtain your status is of utmost importance to us. Please rest assured that we will notify the caseworker today of your email and concerns.
Hi I am sick and tired of these generic email response..it's very frustrating.
I think they will keep us waiting until they finish all the European Union citizens first, or until first part of BrexShit is done.
It could take years!!!

Ehs763
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:54 am

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Ehs763 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:10 pm

dimiku wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:21 pm
Ehs763 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:41 pm
:!: :x :roll:
I'm sick of this response each time i enquire..

We understand that you have not received any further notifications about the progress of your application.
Having checked our records, we can confirm that your application has been submitted successfully. The caseworker acknowledged receipt of your valid application via an email sent to you on 21 May 2019.

As you are aware, your case is currently under consideration. You will be notified by the caseworker if any additional information is required or when a decision is made.
Each application is considered on a case-by-case basis. Therefore, we are unable to give a timescale for completion. However, helping you obtain your status is of utmost importance to us. Please rest assured that we will notify the caseworker today of your email and concerns.
Hi I am sick and tired of these generic email response..it's very frustrating.
I think they will keep us waiting until they finish all the European Union citizens first, or until first part of BrexShit is done.
It could take years!!!
Very Frustrating!! I'm away from my family for very long time and this all makes me so stressed. I don't understand the reason why they keep us on hold while they are processing others non eea applications within weeks... If they really think that our case are complicated they could communicate with us to ask further documentation if required... I understand there must be many applications they need to process but come on more than 6 months doesn't make any sense...honestly this wait is killing

senocoku
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:44 am
Albania

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by senocoku » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:56 am

Hi
Can someone please tell me what documents I need to provide to apply for settled status
I am resident of EU national , and I got a 5 year uk residence card,
My question is what documents do I need to provide in the application if my spouse hasn't applied before me,and what documents I need if my spouse has applied ,
THank you so much

Cervani
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:31 pm
Mood:

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Cervani » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:23 pm

Waiting for any email regarding my wife's application:
Bio-metric : 2nd of October
We rang Home Office twice -
they said they do not have her application yet (10th Oct ) and it may take up to 2 weeks to receive it ,
we called them one more time and I was told that it may take up to 4 weeks to receive it.

Today she contacted Bio metric Centre (10£ for call )where it has been confirmed that they forwarded her data to HO on 2nd October but... she was advised that whole process can take 6-12 weeks :D :lol:

*To NON EEA people who received pre settle status.
Does you bio-metric card ( I assume you did not have one before) has information about being family member of EEA national. I wonder if it does allow you to travel around EU with your EEA family member. (like a EEA residence card) . is this the same card? anyone knows ?

svalavil
Junior Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:39 pm

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by svalavil » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:58 pm

Hi all,
Quick update regarding my settled status application family member of EU married for 5 years
Application made :08/10/2019
Biometric done: 11/10/2019
COA: 07/11/2019
Settled status: waiting

Passport didn’t send as they scanned while I done my biometric and linked my application with my wife application

Thanks

Post Reply
cron