ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
38
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
21
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
14
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
15
16%
Received after 3 months.
1
1%
 
Total votes: 93

carol610098938
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:05 pm
China

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by carol610098938 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:07 pm

arden wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:51 am
carol610098938 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:56 pm
Good afternoon everyone,
Hope you are doing well, I would like to share my timeline and experience, hope I can get some advice and if you saw my problem and that could help you avoiding from some potential trap, that would be perfect.

I am a non eu T4 holder who have married to a eu citizen who has already got his pre-settlement. i chose "post" for my application.
finished my online application form at 22/11/2019 with my BRP.
Post my document the next day, got my confirm email showed I submitted successfully and I should post my BRP on 26/11/2019
posted my BRP in the same day, and they received 27/11/2019
got my BRP back within one week
after that it is a long time waiting, during the time with countless calls and emails to the resolution centre.
until today 13/02/2020, still no biometric appointment letter, no coa.


they told me the reason it takes so long is because I used my BRP, obviously Passport and BRC is using the different system and BRP is under passport system, but since it is very similar as BRC, BRP application in the first place will go to BRC system, and it takes time to transfer from BRC to Passport system, so as a safe card if you have both a passport and BRP card, use passport to apply if you can, it will save your time I believe based on my experience. thank you , hope you all have a good day.
Hi there! Don't worry, it's frustrating but normal. My husband sent his BRP in October and we received the letter asking him to provide his biometric information only yesterday. No COA either. So I guess it's quite similar to your case, and hopefully you'll be receiving a letter soon. I was told there was an internal informatic problem retreiving data from the BRPs, so probably that's why this route has taken so much longer than others. All the best!
thank you for your sharing, your timeline means a lot to me, I guess i feel better now and keep waiting for my biometric letter.

Maverick228
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:30 am
Bulgaria

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Maverick228 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:41 pm

NON-EU here.
Application submitted 12/02/20
Biometrics enrolled 13/02/20
COA Received 15/02/20
Quite nervous so far

Ngo
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:13 pm
Mood:
Cameroon

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Ngo » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:24 pm

Maverick228 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:41 pm
NON-EU here.
Application submitted 12/02/20
Biometrics enrolled 13/02/20
COA Received 15/02/20
Quite nervous so far
Very good to hear this. Please share your experience. Did you apply with your passport? For the Biometrics, were you charged for that?

Maverick228
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:30 am
Bulgaria

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Maverick228 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:26 pm

Ngo wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:24 pm
Maverick228 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:41 pm
NON-EU here.
Application submitted 12/02/20
Biometrics enrolled 13/02/20
COA Received 15/02/20
Quite nervous so far
Very good to hear this. Please share your experience. Did you apply with your passport? For the Biometrics, were you charged for that?
My passport and yes, it was quite expensive (next day biometrics appointment). Around 100£

lisa1933
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by lisa1933 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:47 pm

carol610098938 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:44 pm
Ngo wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:03 pm
Hi all,
I read you all and I have come to learn a lot. I have a tier 4 visa and I got married to an EU national in December 2019, I had applied for her EU Settlement on 13th December 2019 then I applied online on February 2nd, 2020 using my BRP as I could not choose passport and I uploaded our marriage certificate only as document. I sent my BRP to the resolution centre as directed online on February 3rd, and today I have received my BRP back at 10am. Please I was wondering if I could get my biometrics done. I did not receive any mail for that. Am I on the right track with my application?
Kindly advice me.
In the event they ask for any evidence, what could I upload please?
I believe you have already read my experience( just a few message above) as i did, I uploaded the document that provide my relationship with my husband that’s all, and you don’t need to worry about anything, if they need anything, they will send you a email or call you, they won’t reject your case just because of lack of document, since you used BRP, you may take longer than normal to get your biometric letter, maybe a month if lucky, or a few months like me( I still haven’t got), you can’t do biometric without letter, so the only thing we can do is wait, and there is nothing you can track which step are you in your application, you can call the resolution center if you want, they will tell you if you are in the right place, I suggest call them a few time, try to talk to different people, because some of them are professional, some of them are not, compare their answers( yes, sometimes different people give different answers) I hope these will answer your questions, and have a good day.
I’m on tier 4, recently married to an EU citizen. Applied for the settlement scheme, did biometrics without any sort of a letter (followed a link after submitting the application) and didn’t have to post my passport or BRP...

Got COA and the resolution centre tells me they have everything they need and the caseworker is about to make their decision.

carol610098938
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:05 pm
China

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by carol610098938 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:29 am

lisa1933 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:47 pm
carol610098938 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:44 pm
Ngo wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:03 pm
Hi all,
I read you all and I have come to learn a lot. I have a tier 4 visa and I got married to an EU national in December 2019, I had applied for her EU Settlement on 13th December 2019 then I applied online on February 2nd, 2020 using my BRP as I could not choose passport and I uploaded our marriage certificate only as document. I sent my BRP to the resolution centre as directed online on February 3rd, and today I have received my BRP back at 10am. Please I was wondering if I could get my biometrics done. I did not receive any mail for that. Am I on the right track with my application?
Kindly advice me.
In the event they ask for any evidence, what could I upload please?
I believe you have already read my experience( just a few message above) as i did, I uploaded the document that provide my relationship with my husband that’s all, and you don’t need to worry about anything, if they need anything, they will send you a email or call you, they won’t reject your case just because of lack of document, since you used BRP, you may take longer than normal to get your biometric letter, maybe a month if lucky, or a few months like me( I still haven’t got), you can’t do biometric without letter, so the only thing we can do is wait, and there is nothing you can track which step are you in your application, you can call the resolution center if you want, they will tell you if you are in the right place, I suggest call them a few time, try to talk to different people, because some of them are professional, some of them are not, compare their answers( yes, sometimes different people give different answers) I hope these will answer your questions, and have a good day.
I’m on tier 4, recently married to an EU citizen. Applied for the settlement scheme, did biometrics without any sort of a letter (followed a link after submitting the application) and didn’t have to post my passport or BRP...

Got COA and the resolution centre tells me they have everything they need and the caseworker is about to make their decision.
thank you for your sharing, that is good to get more information, could you share more about your application for example your timeline or did you use your phone or "post" to apply, I checked the website, and I didn't find the link(feel bad), there are three options to choose for the application, but only "post" is okey for non-EU people who is holding both passport and BRP, so I get confused, thank you again for your sharing.

lisa193
Newly Registered
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:38 pm

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by lisa193 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:05 pm

carol610098938 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:29 am
lisa1933 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:47 pm
carol610098938 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:44 pm
Ngo wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:03 pm
Hi all,
I read you all and I have come to learn a lot. I have a tier 4 visa and I got married to an EU national in December 2019, I had applied for her EU Settlement on 13th December 2019 then I applied online on February 2nd, 2020 using my BRP as I could not choose passport and I uploaded our marriage certificate only as document. I sent my BRP to the resolution centre as directed online on February 3rd, and today I have received my BRP back at 10am. Please I was wondering if I could get my biometrics done. I did not receive any mail for that. Am I on the right track with my application?
Kindly advice me.
In the event they ask for any evidence, what could I upload please?
I believe you have already read my experience( just a few message above) as i did, I uploaded the document that provide my relationship with my husband that’s all, and you don’t need to worry about anything, if they need anything, they will send you a email or call you, they won’t reject your case just because of lack of document, since you used BRP, you may take longer than normal to get your biometric letter, maybe a month if lucky, or a few months like me( I still haven’t got), you can’t do biometric without letter, so the only thing we can do is wait, and there is nothing you can track which step are you in your application, you can call the resolution center if you want, they will tell you if you are in the right place, I suggest call them a few time, try to talk to different people, because some of them are professional, some of them are not, compare their answers( yes, sometimes different people give different answers) I hope these will answer your questions, and have a good day.
I’m on tier 4, recently married to an EU citizen. Applied for the settlement scheme, did biometrics without any sort of a letter (followed a link after submitting the application) and didn’t have to post my passport or BRP...

Got COA and the resolution centre tells me they have everything they need and the caseworker is about to make their decision.
thank you for your sharing, that is good to get more information, could you share more about your application for example your timeline or did you use your phone or "post" to apply, I checked the website, and I didn't find the link(feel bad), there are three options to choose for the application, but only "post" is okey for non-EU people who is holding both passport and BRP, so I get confused, thank you again for your sharing.
Sure.

Currently on tier 4, married to an EU citizen who is pre-settled. Uploaded the marriage certificate (UK), rental contracts for the last 3 years (UK), and two address proof docs per person plus a bank statement showing that we exchange money a lot (literally highlighted every time I transferred money to him or got some from him).

Application submitted 28/12/2019 (chose the post route but did NOT have to post any documents as the biometrics counted as the ID check)
Biometrics done 02/01/2020
COA 15/01/2020
Waiting..

Called the resolution centre to check if everything is okay and it is. Just have to wait a bit longer.

lichzz
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:15 am
Taiwan

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by lichzz » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:53 pm

Hi all

posting my update:

28/10/2019 - Application submitted online
01/11/2019 - Went to biometric appointment
06/11/2019 - Coa
08/02/2020 - Called and told my application moving toward the final stage
14/02/2020 - Called and told my application is still under checking and said they can see I called before and he can only tell me it is the same as before.
They basically tell me not to call again and just wait.

I was in Tier 4 visa and linked my application to my partner who got pre-settlement status in Sep.

BrunoK1441
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:28 pm
Australia

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by BrunoK1441 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:12 pm

beatleperson wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:17 pm
eke123 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:47 pm
beatleperson wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:56 am
Pre settled status.

Non EEA applicant, transfering from tier 1 entrepreneur.

Married to EEA national with settled status.

Application: 13 jan
COA: 20 jan
Granted: 6 Feb

Very happy with timelines.
Congrats
That was very quick
Thanks, yes I think the reason was that my wife had already been granted settled status and I referenced her application and I already have a valid visa.
Congrats man! Did you upload any evidence of your wife like her passport? Or was her settled status reference number enough?

adham1990mizo
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:27 pm
Algeria

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by adham1990mizo » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:45 pm

Hi all,

I am joining the waiting game! I am married to an EU citizen with pre-settled. Used the 'passport' by post route even though I have a tier 2 visa.

14/02/2020- Application submitted online
17/02/2020- Went to biometric appointment (paid 110GBP)
18/02/2020- COA received
Now waiting...

Confused about the following:

Do I have the right to work or not with COA? As my Tier 2 is restricted to one employer and will end once I leave the company.

My COA says "'You can continue to rely on any rights you have as a family member of an EEA'"

but it does not explicitly mentions me?

Any help?
Thanks!

EEAnonEEA
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:47 pm

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by EEAnonEEA » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:10 pm

adham1990mizo wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:45 pm
Hi all,

I am joining the waiting game! I am married to an EU citizen with pre-settled. Used the 'passport' by post route even though I have a tier 2 visa.

14/02/2020- Application submitted online
17/02/2020- Went to biometric appointment (paid 110GBP)
18/02/2020- COA received
Now waiting...

Confused about the following:

Do I have the right to work or not with COA? As my Tier 2 is restricted to one employer and will end once I leave the company.

My COA says "'You can continue to rely on any rights you have as a family member of an EEA'"

but it does not explicitly mentions me?

Any help?
Thanks!
No, CAO under EU settlement scheme doesn't confirm your right to work.

madycal
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:52 pm

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by madycal » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:08 pm

to get a right to work you need to ask your employer to check employing checking service. Home office confirm your right to work to your employer. I did same and get right to work. Link is below.
https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

Alijee786
Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:57 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Alijee786 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:11 pm

adham1990mizo wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:45 pm
Hi all,

I am joining the waiting game! I am married to an EU citizen with pre-settled. Used the 'passport' by post route even though I have a tier 2 visa.

14/02/2020- Application submitted online
17/02/2020- Went to biometric appointment (paid 110GBP)
18/02/2020- COA received
Now waiting...

Confused about the following:

Do I have the right to work or not with COA? As my Tier 2 is restricted to one employer and will end once I leave the company.

My COA says "'You can continue to rely on any rights you have as a family member of an EEA'"

but it does not explicitly mentions me?

Any help?
Thanks!
No . You can use eea rights only if you previously had any. Otherwise i don’t think so. But you can always confirm from HO website. Just need to put in your details and will let you know straight away.

covertak
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:35 pm
Mood:
Portugal

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by covertak » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:19 pm

adham1990mizo wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:45 pm
Hi all,

I am joining the waiting game! I am married to an EU citizen with pre-settled. Used the 'passport' by post route even though I have a tier 2 visa.

14/02/2020- Application submitted online
17/02/2020- Went to biometric appointment (paid 110GBP)
18/02/2020- COA received
Now waiting...

Confused about the following:

Do I have the right to work or not with COA? As my Tier 2 is restricted to one employer and will end once I leave the company.

My COA says "'You can continue to rely on any rights you have as a family member of an EEA'"

but it does not explicitly mentions me?

Any help?
Thanks!
Yes you can, I was almost the same situation after many calls and emails I got the information, the Home Office to confirm your right to work because you it is a family member of a EU national, if was an extend family member no have rigth to work just with COA under settlement scheme, but family member yes, I am saying it because the Home office has confirmed my right to work.

ryuzaki
Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by ryuzaki » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:14 pm

Applied September 2019.
Biometrics October 2019.
Still waiting. Can't seem to contact the HO for an update, they just say we have to wait.

Very worried.

j5ariel
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:13 pm
Chile

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by j5ariel » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:52 am

covertak wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:19 pm
adham1990mizo wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:45 pm
Hi all,

I am joining the waiting game! I am married to an EU citizen with pre-settled. Used the 'passport' by post route even though I have a tier 2 visa.

14/02/2020- Application submitted online
17/02/2020- Went to biometric appointment (paid 110GBP)
18/02/2020- COA received
Now waiting...

Confused about the following:

Do I have the right to work or not with COA? As my Tier 2 is restricted to one employer and will end once I leave the company.

My COA says "'You can continue to rely on any rights you have as a family member of an EEA'"

but it does not explicitly mentions me?

Any help?
Thanks!
Yes you can, I was almost the same situation after many calls and emails I got the information, the Home Office to confirm your right to work because you it is a family member of a EU national, if was an extend family member no have rigth to work just with COA under settlement scheme, but family member yes, I am saying it because the Home office has confirmed my right to work.
Can you please explain how you manage to get this confirmation from the Home Office I'm in the same situation as you.

j5ariel
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:13 pm
Chile

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by j5ariel » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:52 pm

Hi everyone,

Finally, after almost 4 months, I've received my pre-settled status.

Timeline:

Application Submitted 04/11/2019
Biometrics 05/11/2019 (Had to pay £100)
COA 06/11/2019
pre-settled status 19/02/2020
3 months and a half wait time.

A bit of background for others.
Previous Tier 4 and Tier 2 Holder
Applied as a married couple with my EU partner.
I had to be very insisting with the EU Resolutions Centre I got my case escalated over 2 times and it ended up with the quality team. I talked almost once a week with the supervisor who was looking after my case. Also, on the 10th of February I got in touch with my MP, so it looks like that helped.

Hope it works for you all!

Cheers

Dk seema
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:38 pm
Mood:
India

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Dk seema » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:27 pm

Did your partner applied
Or had u attached her num with your application

eke123
Junior Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:39 am
Nigeria

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by eke123 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:05 pm

j5ariel wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:52 pm
Hi everyone,

Finally, after almost 4 months, I've received my pre-settled status.

Timeline:

Application Submitted 04/11/2019
Biometrics 05/11/2019 (Had to pay £100)
COA 06/11/2019
pre-settled status 19/02/2020
3 months and a half wait time.

A bit of background for others.
Previous Tier 4 and Tier 2 Holder
Applied as a married couple with my EU partner.
I had to be very insisting with the EU Resolutions Centre I got my case escalated over 2 times and it ended up with the quality team. I talked almost once a week with the supervisor who was looking after my case. Also, on the 10th of February I got in touch with my MP, so it looks like that helped.

Hope it works for you all!

Cheers
.
Congrats
I'm still waiting

lichzz
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:15 am
Taiwan

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by lichzz » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:30 pm

adham1990mizo wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:45 pm
Hi all,

I am joining the waiting game! I am married to an EU citizen with pre-settled. Used the 'passport' by post route even though I have a tier 2 visa.

14/02/2020- Application submitted online
17/02/2020- Went to biometric appointment (paid 110GBP)
18/02/2020- COA received
Now waiting...

Confused about the following:

Do I have the right to work or not with COA? As my Tier 2 is restricted to one employer and will end once I leave the company.

My COA says "'You can continue to rely on any rights you have as a family member of an EEA'"

but it does not explicitly mentions me?

Any help?
Thanks!

I was in a Tier 4 student visa which allow me to work outside of term time. I apply for EU Settlement scheme 3 months before my visa expires and got COA.
I was working before my visa expired and my employee did a right of work check on me on GOV.com and got positive feedback.
And after my visa expires in Jan, they did a check again and still get positive feedback.
So I think when it says you can rely on your previous right, it means you can continue to have the same rights as you have before.
But I have no idea about traveling outside of UK and back so I've been avoiding traveling.

Post Reply
cron