ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit 2nd application - not straightforward?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit 2nd application - not straightforward?

Post by 1878 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:05 am

Hi all

My parents in law were granted the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit last year and the permit expired February 2021. Because of international flight restrictions they were unable to enter UK before the expiry. As a result, they've applied again, same permit, same documents.

Today I got an email to say "your application is not straightforward".

How is that even possible to say when they've already been granted the permit last year? This was also explained in the notes for the new application.

It's now obviously a race against time given the 30th June Eu Settlement Scheme deadline. Feels like the HO is purposefully delaying the decision...

avro1959
Mood:
Canada

Re: EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit 2nd application - not straightforward?

Post by avro1959 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:44 am

Generally speaking, as long as the sponsor (you) still has their settled or pre-settled status, or was living in the UK before 31 Dec 2020, the application should come back positive.

"Your application is not straightforward" is a standard response that they are sending to everyone, I assume because of the longer-than-normal processing times. I got that message too, and yet got my EUSS FP a few days later.

The June 30th deadline doesn't apply to your in-laws. From the UK government webpage here - https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... ily-member
If you arrive in the UK on or after 1 April 2021, you must apply to the EU Settlement Scheme within 3 months of the date you arrive in the UK.
Also refer to the London Government webpage here, specifically the last section. https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/eu ... ce-period#

What they don't say is that the expiry of the EUSS FP is also a deadline, despite the 3 month window. So if the EUSS FP is valid from May to November and your in-laws enter in October, they have just one month to apply for EUSS. If they enter in June, they would have until September to apply for EUSS.

At present, there is effectively no deadline to apply for the EUSS FP for family members of sponsors who lived in the UK before 31 Dec 2020.

Feel free to follow the other thread where I'm discussing this and sharing updates from the eu settlement scheme resolution center. eea-route-applications/understanding-eu ... 14903.html

Re: EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit 2nd application - not straightforward?

Post by 1878 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:40 pm

Thank you very much. Just saw the other thread now. That’s reassuring!