ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement Scheme ( Response letter from Home Office)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

EU Settlement Scheme ( Response letter from Home Office)

Post by imbik » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:33 am

First of all, thanks Obie and Kamoe for your valuable comments regarding my question on this topic;
eea-route-applications/confused-between ... 74461.html

However, I decided to take this subject further not only for me but for any other EU family member only with EEA Family Permit and asked the same question to Home office by email, so here is a quote from their reply;

'' Thank you for your question about what the EU Settlement Scheme is and who should apply. Your question asks for clarification as to whether any EU family member will be able to apply to the Settlement Scheme after 30 March 2019 if they can prove their residency in the UK.
If you are an EU citizen or the non-EU family member of an EU citizen, you can apply for the EU Settlement Scheme to obtain the UK immigration status you will need once the UK leaves the EU. The public test phase of the EU Settlement Scheme is now live. To participate you must be resident in the UK and must have:
• A valid passport if you are an EU Citizen
• A biometric residence card if you are a non-EU family member of an EU citizen

If you do not meet the eligibility requirements of the public test phase you will be able to apply once the scheme fully opens from 30 March 2019. From this date there will be alternative ways of verifying your identity including by postal route.''

To my understanding (according to the last paragraph), if you are an EU citizen or non-EU family member of an EU citizen and if you can prove your residency in the UK with some of these documents described here;
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/eu-settleme ... -residence

then YES you can apply (by the way, ironically it still doesn't say clearly '' without residence card'').

Please leave your comment regarding this, thanks
I love science

kamoe

Re: EU Settlement Scheme ( Response letter from Home Office)

Post by kamoe » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:08 am

imbik wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:33 am
then YES you can apply (by the way, ironically it still doesn't say clearly '' without residence card'').
That is what I said here, where I quote the fact that you can use another document that is not a residence card.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:43 pm

Hi.

Not sure if I understand your question properly but..

I applied for EU settlement for my father in law, he never had a residence card or any sort of papers since he moved here and he got settled status in less than 24 hours.

Hope that answer it xx

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:53 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:43 pm
Hi.

I applied for EU settlement for my father in law, he never had a residence card or any sort of papers since he moved here and he got settled status in less than 24 hours.

Hope that answer it xx
That would be because he's a EU national applying with a EU passport ? The OP's confusion is regarding non-EU nationals, and if/when they can apply without a RC (which is clearly answered in links above).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:12 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:53 pm
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:43 pm
Hi.

Hope that answer it xx
That would be because he's a EU national applying with a EU passport ? The OP's confusion is regarding non-EU nationals, and if/when they can apply without a RC (which is clearly answered in links above).
I see. I clearly did not understand the question. I’m sorry. But yes he is a EU national with EU passport. Lived and worked in UK almost all his life and never had any residency papers 😊

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Post by imbik » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:10 pm

A friend of mine (EU citizen) showed me the letter he received from Home office after his Settlement Scheme application. This reminded me another question;

If a non-EU national (without Residence card) obtains pre-settled status, will he/she be given a kind of card (lets say pre-settled card) showing his/her status in the UK? In other words if it is only a letter, how these people can travel to their non_EU country and come back in the future?

For instance, I travel to Turkey time to time and Airliners accept me only if I show them my Residence Card.

Thanks
I love science

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:02 am

imbik wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:10 pm
If a non-EU national (without Residence card) obtains pre-settled status, will he/she be given a kind of card (lets say pre-settled card) showing his/her status in the UK? In other words if it is only a letter, how these people can travel to their non_EU country and come back in the future?
Has already been answered here.