ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement Scheme from EEA Permanent Residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

EU Settlement Scheme from EEA Permanent Residence

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:32 pm

Hello

My was has an EEA permanent residence.

She would like to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme. I have a couple of questions:

1 - Does she need to go through the Lounes form (I am EEA + BC)? I think she doesn't because as she holds an ILR, her status doesn't depend on her relationship with me anymore.

2 - Can she use use her non EEA passport as proof of identity for that application? The official website seems suggesting she can apply prove her ID with her non-EEA passport.

Note: she can't apply for BC due her "bad character" as she was illegal until 2013.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: EU Settlement Scheme from EEA Permanent Residence

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:31 pm

I found the answer:

- If you are no EEA-national, you can't use your passport as proof of ID. The application asks about your nationality and if you pick-up "non-EEA", there is no option to use passport as proof of ID. You must then use the EEA card as proof of id.

Also, it means that it's no possible to apply for the settlement scheme without EEA card.

sista
Newly Registered

Post by sista » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:30 am

I think you are wrong because I also have a permanent residence card sticker. I am non EU and I applied for the settle scheme using my passport. I applied in August and received settled status this month. I also did biometrics in aug and have now received my BRC...

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:00 am

Here is the equation we have:

This is the app for idiot-phone. The first question clearly makes it compulsory to apply using EEA biometric card for non-EEA nationals.

However, we didn't try other methods. Maybe there are other options such as going to a scan center or sending the documents. Possibly using these methods allows more flexibility.

sista
Newly Registered

Post by sista » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:53 pm

You cannot apply using the app but the website online. There is an online version of the app where you can use your passport as proof of ID on the gov.uk website. After applying online at the end you get information on how to submit your biometrics. You take your passport and they scan it as well as your fingerprint and Signature.

sista
Newly Registered

Post by sista » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:57 pm

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:05 pm

Thank you for that.

I seems depending on how you apply, different options are available to you.

My wife applied and got "Settled" immediately on the screen. Then a few seconds later, an email came in with a CoA. So far so good :)