ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement Scheme & Toufik Lounes cases

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

User avatar
ariskar
Member of Standing
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:23 pm
Location: London, UK
Mood:
Greece

Re: EU Settlement Scheme & Toufik Lounes cases

Post by ariskar » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:01 pm

An update following a call with the EU Resolution centre:

1. The online application (CoA: 19 July 2019 - The identity is verified, therefore no biometrics required) is now with a caseworker.
2. The paper application form sent without any ID or supporting documents (sent online application CoA so that they can take all documents/ID from there) has been registered and they said they are sending a biometric enrolment letter. :lol:

Two EUSS applications for the same applicant in progress at the same time. One needs biometric enrolment, the other doesn't. Home Office does not cease to surprise and amaze. :lol:

Of course no word on the complaint made about discrimination, despite their answer service standards have been exceeded.

it91
Member
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Re: EU Settlement Scheme & Toufik Lounes cases

Post by it91 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:35 pm

ariskar wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:01 pm
An update following a call with the EU Resolution centre:

1. The online application (CoA: 19 July 2019 - The identity is verified, therefore no biometrics required) is now with a caseworker.
2. The paper application form sent without any ID or supporting documents (sent online application CoA so that they can take all documents/ID from there) has been registered and they said they are sending a biometric enrolment letter. :lol:

Two EU Settlement Scheme applications for the same applicant in progress at the same time. One needs biometric enrolment, the other doesn't. Home Office does not cease to surprise and amaze. :lol:

Of course no word on the complaint made about discrimination, despite their answer service standards have been exceeded.
Hi
For the one you got CoA, do you know when exactly your case was allocated to the case worker?

It looks like my case still hasn’t been allocated to the caseworker (CoA issued on 12nd of Aug, Loubes Case). Did it take you a month for it to be allocated to the caseworker?
24.01.15-31.12.19:Tier 4 visa
02.08.19: Applied to Lounes Pre Settled Status
08.08.219: Passports back with biometrics letter
12.08.19: Biometrics submitted
15.08.19: CoA issued (received on 19th)
30.08.19: Pre Settled Status Granted
09.09.19: BRC arrived
31.11.19:BRC replacement

it91
Member
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Re: EU Settlement Scheme & Toufik Lounes cases

Post by it91 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:29 am

ariskar wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:01 pm
An update following a call with the EU Resolution centre:

1. The online application (CoA: 19 July 2019 - The identity is verified, therefore no biometrics required) is now with a caseworker.
2. The paper application form sent without any ID or supporting documents (sent online application CoA so that they can take all documents/ID from there) has been registered and they said they are sending a biometric enrolment letter. :lol:

Two EU Settlement Scheme applications for the same applicant in progress at the same time. One needs biometric enrolment, the other doesn't. Home Office does not cease to surprise and amaze. :lol:

Of course no word on the complaint made about discrimination, despite their answer service standards have been exceeded.
Also what i’ve understood from your statemebt is, actually they have merged your applications, instead of keeping two applications going on at the same time. Am I wrong?
24.01.15-31.12.19:Tier 4 visa
02.08.19: Applied to Lounes Pre Settled Status
08.08.219: Passports back with biometrics letter
12.08.19: Biometrics submitted
15.08.19: CoA issued (received on 19th)
30.08.19: Pre Settled Status Granted
09.09.19: BRC arrived
31.11.19:BRC replacement

User avatar
ariskar
Member of Standing
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:23 pm
Location: London, UK
Mood:
Greece

Re: EU Settlement Scheme & Toufik Lounes cases

Post by ariskar » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:56 am

it91 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:35 pm

Hi
For the one you got CoA, do you know when exactly your case was allocated to the case worker?

It looks like my case still hasn’t been allocated to the caseworker (CoA issued on 12nd of Aug, Lounes Case). Did it take you a month for it to be allocated to the caseworker?
The case was allocated to a "special cases" (per EU resolution call centre) caseworker last week, although another caseworker has looked at it before CoA was issued. I lodged a couple of complaints and had several calls, hence I wouldn't say my online application (30 June) took till last week to go to a caseworker.
it91 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:29 am

Also what i’ve understood from your statement is, actually they have merged your applications, instead of keeping two applications going on at the same time. Am I wrong?
No, you have understood wrong, it is rather the opposite. Both cases with the same applicant (online and paper form) are being considered separately at the same time, and we expect two separate decisions. This is what we were advised yesterday by the EU resolution centre over a phone call. Now if we trust what we are told by the EU resolution call centre and what HO will do in the end is a different story.

it91
Member
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Re: EU Settlement Scheme & Toufik Lounes cases

Post by it91 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:32 am

ariskar wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:56 am
it91 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:35 pm

Hi
For the one you got CoA, do you know when exactly your case was allocated to the case worker?

It looks like my case still hasn’t been allocated to the caseworker (CoA issued on 12nd of Aug, Lounes Case). Did it take you a month for it to be allocated to the caseworker?
The case was allocated to a "special cases" (per EU resolution call centre) caseworker last week, although another caseworker has looked at it before CoA was issued. I lodged a couple of complaints and had several calls, hence I wouldn't say my online application (30 June) took till last week to go to a caseworker.
it91 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:29 am

Also what i’ve understood from your statement is, actually they have merged your applications, instead of keeping two applications going on at the same time. Am I wrong?
No, you have understood wrong, it is rather the opposite. Both cases with the same applicant (online and paper form) are being considered separately at the same time, and we expect two separate decisions. This is what we were advised yesterday by the EU resolution centre over a phone call. Now if we trust what we are told by the EU resolution call centre and what HO will do in the end is a different story.
Any news from these both applications?

I suspect that it will take up to 6 months, means they’ll take all the time they can take!
24.01.15-31.12.19:Tier 4 visa
02.08.19: Applied to Lounes Pre Settled Status
08.08.219: Passports back with biometrics letter
12.08.19: Biometrics submitted
15.08.19: CoA issued (received on 19th)
30.08.19: Pre Settled Status Granted
09.09.19: BRC arrived
31.11.19:BRC replacement

User avatar
ariskar
Member of Standing
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:23 pm
Location: London, UK
Mood:
Greece

Re: EU Settlement Scheme & Toufik Lounes cases

Post by ariskar » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:43 pm

it91 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:32 am
ariskar wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:56 am
it91 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:35 pm

Hi
For the one you got CoA, do you know when exactly your case was allocated to the case worker?

It looks like my case still hasn’t been allocated to the caseworker (CoA issued on 12nd of Aug, Lounes Case). Did it take you a month for it to be allocated to the caseworker?
The case was allocated to a "special cases" (per EU resolution call centre) caseworker last week, although another caseworker has looked at it before CoA was issued. I lodged a couple of complaints and had several calls, hence I wouldn't say my online application (30 June) took till last week to go to a caseworker.
it91 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:29 am

Also what i’ve understood from your statement is, actually they have merged your applications, instead of keeping two applications going on at the same time. Am I wrong?
No, you have understood wrong, it is rather the opposite. Both cases with the same applicant (online and paper form) are being considered separately at the same time, and we expect two separate decisions. This is what we were advised yesterday by the EU resolution centre over a phone call. Now if we trust what we are told by the EU resolution call centre and what HO will do in the end is a different story.
Any news from these both applications?

I suspect that it will take up to 6 months, means they’ll take all the time they can take!
No news. My spouse has just enrolled biometrics free of charge at a Post Office, as requested for the paper form application. Funny enough, no biometrics were required for the online application, CoA was issued and BRP was returned, while for the paper form where we didnt submit any documents or ID (referred them to online application with CoA letter as the only supporting document), they required biometric enrollment.

I am wondering if settled status is granted in the end, the holder will have ILR BRP and Settled status BRC at the same time.

User avatar
ariskar
Member of Standing
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:23 pm
Location: London, UK
Mood:
Greece

Re: EU Settlement Scheme & Toufik Lounes cases

Post by ariskar » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:31 am

The Statement of changes to the Immigration Rules HC 2631, coming into force on 1 October 2019 clarifies that Toufik Lounes cases in the EUSS are valid through online application if made within the UK.

User avatar
Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Posts: 1900
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:13 am
Mood:

Re: EU Settlement Scheme & Toufik Lounes cases

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:11 pm

Congratulations man! You made them change their process :)

it91
Member
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Re: EU Settlement Scheme & Toufik Lounes cases

Post by it91 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:51 pm

ariskar wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:31 am
The Statement of changes to the Immigration Rules HC 2631, coming into force on 1 October 2019 clarifies that Toufik Lounes cases in the EU Settlement Scheme are valid through online application if made within the UK.
It’s great news for the fresh applicants! I wish I did not have to wait that long for my paper application.
24.01.15-31.12.19:Tier 4 visa
02.08.19: Applied to Lounes Pre Settled Status
08.08.219: Passports back with biometrics letter
12.08.19: Biometrics submitted
15.08.19: CoA issued (received on 19th)
30.08.19: Pre Settled Status Granted
09.09.19: BRC arrived
31.11.19:BRC replacement

it91
Member
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Re: EU Settlement Scheme & Toufik Lounes cases

Post by it91 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:00 am

Hi all,
I wanted to share my good news.

My Pre Settled Status under Lounes Case granted, yay! (Letter dated 30st of August). Everything took about a month.

Good luck to all applicants under this scheme.
24.01.15-31.12.19:Tier 4 visa
02.08.19: Applied to Lounes Pre Settled Status
08.08.219: Passports back with biometrics letter
12.08.19: Biometrics submitted
15.08.19: CoA issued (received on 19th)
30.08.19: Pre Settled Status Granted
09.09.19: BRC arrived
31.11.19:BRC replacement

User avatar
ariskar
Member of Standing
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:23 pm
Location: London, UK
Mood:
Greece

Re: EU Settlement Scheme & Toufik Lounes cases

Post by ariskar » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:25 pm

it91 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:00 am
Hi all,
I wanted to share my good news.

My Pre Settled Status under Lounes Case granted, yay! (Letter dated 30st of August). Everything took about a month.

Good luck to all applicants under this scheme.
Congratulations it91!

I also have some news, they issued a CoA for the paper application on 9 September 2019. I called them up and both online and paper form applications are in progress at "eligibility phase". They mentioned that they would decide my application upon also formally answering our written complaint...

it91
Member
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Re: EU Settlement Scheme & Toufik Lounes cases

Post by it91 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:14 pm

ariskar wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:25 pm
it91 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:00 am
Hi all,
I wanted to share my good news.

My Pre Settled Status under Lounes Case granted, yay! (Letter dated 30st of August). Everything took about a month.

Good luck to all applicants under this scheme.
Congratulations it91!

I also have some news, they issued a CoA for the paper application on 9 September 2019. I called them up and both online and paper form applications are in progress at "eligibility phase". They mentioned that they would decide my application upon also formally answering our written complaint...
Thanks and good luck!
Funny that they have two applications going at the same time. So if they’re both approved, you’ll get to BRCs? :)
24.01.15-31.12.19:Tier 4 visa
02.08.19: Applied to Lounes Pre Settled Status
08.08.219: Passports back with biometrics letter
12.08.19: Biometrics submitted
15.08.19: CoA issued (received on 19th)
30.08.19: Pre Settled Status Granted
09.09.19: BRC arrived
31.11.19:BRC replacement

Malik_01
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: EU Settlement Scheme & Toufik Lounes cases

Post by Malik_01 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:15 pm

Sky777 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 3:50 pm
Malik_01 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:32 pm
Hi Simone,

I still did not get the paper based application. i am told that they are going to send these this week, so should be with me by next week.

How about you?
Hi did u get u application paper one
Thank you
I got mine by calling them under Taufik Lounes case. Hope this helps. Sorry for late response.

User avatar
ariskar
Member of Standing
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:23 pm
Location: London, UK
Mood:
Greece

Re: EU Settlement Scheme & Toufik Lounes cases

Post by ariskar » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:20 am

We called them yesterday.

Application date: 30 June
Coa: 19 July
Procedural Complaint date: 2 August - promised answer in writing within 10 working days service standard
Progress call: 30 August - assigned to caseworker, awaiting decision
Progress call: 6 October - with caseworker, still awaiting decision, no answer to complaint either...

It makes you wonder about the competence of this Home Office department.

richiesuk
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: EU Settlement Scheme & Toufik Lounes cases

Post by richiesuk » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:26 pm

dear all,

I am a dual (Hugarian-British) citizen /gained my brit citizenship in 2016/ and my wife is from Peru.
here is our story so far:

-I lived in UK when I met my wife in Peru.

-We failed the spouse visa back in 2018 due to doing the wrong type of IELTS language exam.
After I left UK the Lounes case was implemented.

-She re did the right exam, but in the mean time I got an opportunity in Malta so we moved there.
She got a maltese Resident Card (family reunion) valid for 5 yrs

-My work contract expired in Malta recently and we had to move.

-We managed to qualify for family permit (Surinder Singh route route) which will expire on 4th November 2019.

-Got a job in NL and due to Brexit kerfuffle we decided to move there.

-She is 32 weeks pregnant now and she had some issues with the pregnancy, and we decided to moved back to Hungary in order to have my family around my wife, before and after of the birth.
She applied for the hungarian resident card.

-we went to UK just for a weekend and they stamped her FP and the immigration officer was super nice to us (saying that we have to go to the post office for the RP, etc)


What possibilities we have if we still want to live in UK after the birth of my child?
My son will be British-Hungarian citizen also.

if there is a deal with EU:
Can my wife come to UK with EU resident card and apply for settlement?
The fact that we did not use the FP is it a bad thing, or would this help if we wanted to apply again?

is it possible to do the Lounes route?

I lost confidence in Lawyers, most of them said, we would not qualify for Surinder Singh route either after the failed visa history.


thanks a lot,
Regards,
Richard

Locked
cron