ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement scheme using a BRP for NON-EU family members

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ajay8
Newly Registered
Samoa

EU settlement scheme using a BRP for NON-EU family members

Post by Ajay8 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:44 am

Hi everyone,

I am confused about something. I am a non-EU family member with a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) Card. Please note, this is not the Biometric Residence Card (BRC). However, both have biometric chips and both are pink blue-ish cards.

So, on the EU settlement scheme website. It says "you must send your document by post if you have a BRP". I wish I can use the EU Exit app...it will make me feel comfortable...but anyways...

I tried to apply "online and by post" so I am OK with that. I clicked on apply online and when I was clicking next.. Next... I was in front of 2 choices: use a passport or use a UK residence card with a Biometric chip (does it mean BRC or BRP?)

Should I select the second option use the "UK residence card with a Biometric chip" ? Because I think here they mean the BRC (I am not sure).

But when I emailed the EU resolution centre, they said I can apply online and use the BRP. But when I tried to apply online I don't see a third option like the following:
1. passport
2. UK residence card with biometric chip
3. BRP
I only see option 1 and 2. So I am confused.

1.) Can anyone share the process of application? Anyone who used their BRP to apply online?

2.) To people who are similar to my case, did you still send in your passport? Because I want to send my BRP only and use my passport at ukvcas to do a new finger print and face photo. I cannot send my passport.

Thank you. Please let me know.

kamoe

Re: EU settlement scheme using a BRP for NON-EU family members

Post by kamoe » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:21 am

Ajay8 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:44 am

I tried to apply "online and by post" so I am OK with that. I clicked on apply online and when I was clicking next.. Next... I was in front of 2 choices: use a passport or use a UK residence card with a Biometric chip (does it mean BRC or BRP?)

Should I select the second option use the "UK residence card with a Biometric chip" ? Because I think here they mean the BRC (I am not sure).
It means either. Note that this is to prove your identity, and the three possible documents you can use are listed here, under "Proof if identity":

Proof of identity

You need a valid passport or national identity card. You also need to provide a digital photo of your face.

If you’re not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you can use any of the following:

valid passport
biometric residence card
biometric residence permit
The above means you can choose to use either your passport or your BRP to prove your identity (note that this does not mean you can use the app, you still need to use the 'online and post' option).
But when I emailed the EU resolution centre, they said I can apply online and use the BRP. But when I tried to apply online I don't see a third option like the following:
1. passport
2. UK residence card with biometric chip
3. BRP
I only see option 1 and 2. So I am confused.
Since they say they do accept BRP as proof of identity, one can conclude that the wording of option 2. is inclusive of both BRC and BRP. You can therefore chose if if you want to use your BRP instead of your passport.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.