ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kabir12
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

EU settlement

Post by kabir12 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:18 am

Hi, 

My wife is an italian citizen. I am her non eu spouse. My wife is a full time worker, living in UK for more than three years. We both got pre settlement status. Currently My mother got a six month EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME FAMILY PERMIT to join. She entered UK 22nd September 2019, and living with us. Her visa expires march 2020. 

Could anyone kindly suggest me , which in application I should apply  for her further settlement? Is it pre settlement status or Eu residence permit in eea(fm) form?

kamoe

Re: EU settlement

Post by kamoe » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:16 pm

kabir12 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:18 am
Could anyone kindly suggest me , which in application I should apply  for her further settlement? Is it pre settlement status or Eu residence permit in eea(fm) form?
Short and simplest answer would be Pre-Settlement. Just for the sake of consistency with what you all have already applied to.

More elaborate and complete answer would be: In reality, she could apply to either, or to both.

In fact, as far as I am aware, all three of you could also apply for documentation under the EEA route, even if the Settlement Scheme is supposed to be there to replace it. Depending on your particular circumstances, this might or might not make sense to you, or might or might not be worth the hassle.

For a full comparison of both routes see this post.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.