ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

European family permit for civil partner

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Karmali
Newly Registered
Portugal

European family permit for civil partner

Post by Karmali » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:20 am

Hi there,

I'm a Portuguese citizen living in the UK since December 2020, I got my PSS in February and I have been trying to find a way to bring my non EU Brazilian civil partner to be with me here in the UK.

Due to the covid situation we having a huge problem on getting even an appointment to submit the required documentation/biometrics.

My biggest concern as I understand it its the Time line 30 of June for her to get here, i've been battling with this since early January🤦‍♂️.

So my question is, what other options do we have?
Regarding the time line, is that for her to be physically here or to apply for the visa?
Can she enter even if her visa gets approved after June 30?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Karim

secret.simon

Re: European family permit for civil partner

Post by secret.simon » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:26 pm

Was the civil partnership entered into before or after 31st December 2020? And if it was conducted overseas, is it a civil partnership recognized in the UK?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.