ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS FAMILY PERMIT OUTSIDE THE UK TIME

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Yasf

Article 10 residence card

Post by Yasf » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:15 am

Hi all
I need some information please some one guide me
I am british citizen living in cyprus since oct/2020
Also my wife non eu living with me. Can we both traveling to uk on article 10 family of eu citizen card
Because if we apply for euss permit outside the UK it's taking a lot time these days. Please anyone help me to coming back to uk
Thanks

Bazinga_

Re: Article 10 residence card

Post by Bazinga_ » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:56 am

Yasf wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:15 am
Hi all
I need some information please some one guide me
I am british citizen living in cyprus since oct/2020
Also my wife non eu living with me. Can we both traveling to uk on article 10 family of eu citizen card
Because if we apply for euss permit outside the UK it's taking a lot time these days. Please anyone help me to coming back to uk
Thanks
Hi, unfortunately you can’t any more. From 1 January 2021 you can no longer use an Article 10 or 20 residence card issued by an EEA member state to travel to the UK if you’re accompanying your EEA citizen family member to the UK, or joining them in the UK.

You will need a valid national passport, together with one of the following:

an EU Settlement Scheme family permit
a UK-issued EEA family permit
a UK-issued biometric residence card

If you hold a valid Article 10 or Article 20 residence card, you may be able to apply for an EEA family permit or an EUSS family permit.

This is from HO website https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... dence-card

Yasf

Post by Yasf » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:28 am

Overview

You may be able to get an EU Settlement Scheme family permit to come to the UK if you’re the family member of someone from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein. You may also be able to apply if you’re the family member of an eligible person of Northern Ireland.

The family of some British citizens can also get a permit.

You must be outside the UK to apply.

What family permits are for

A family permit makes it easier to travel with your family member to the UK or to join them there.

It lets you come to the UK for up to 6 months. You can work and study, and come and go as many times as you want before the permit expires.

Without one, you might not get a boarding pass or may be refused entry into the UK.

You can stay longer in the UK if you’re eligible for the EU Settlement Scheme.

Applying to the EU Settlement Scheme

You can either:

apply for a family permit before you come to the UK, and then apply to the EU Settlement Scheme once you’re hereapply to the EU Settlement Scheme from outside the UK

If you apply to the EU Settlement Scheme from inside the UK, you cannot apply if you enter the UK:

on a Standard Visitor visa, Permitted Paid Engagement visa, Parent of a Child Student visa or Transit visawithout a visa, for example if you came through an e-passport gate

You also cannot apply if you’re in the UK on a Marriage Visitor visa, unless you’re applying after you have married or entered into a civil partnership with the person you’re joining.

Who can apply

There are different ways you can be eligible for a family permit. How you apply depends on how you’re eligible.

If you’re the family member of someone from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein

You can apply for the permit if your family member started living in the UK by 31 December 2020. This includes family members who have British citizenship, if they also have:

their citizenship from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, if they lived in the UK before becoming a British citizen (also known as a ‘Lounes case’)dual nationality with an EU country, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, and they settled in the UK before 16 July 2012 without using their free movement rights (also known as a ‘McCarthy’ case)

You can also apply if your family member lives outside the UK but regularly works in the UK (also known as a ‘frontier worker’).

If you used to have a family member living in the UK

You can apply if you used to have a family member from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Lichtenstein living in the UK but they’ve died, left the UK or the family relationship has broken down. This is also known as having ‘retained the right of residence’.

Your family member must have lived in the UK by 31 December 2020. If they moved to the UK later, you’ll usually need a visa to come to the UK.

If you’re the family member of a British citizen

You can apply as the family member of a British citizen if you lived together with them in an EU country, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein. You must have lived there with them before 1 January 2021 before returning with them to the UK.

This is also known as a ‘Surinder Singh’ application.

If you’re the family member of an eligible person of Northern Ireland

You can apply if you have a family member who is an eligible person of Northern Ireland.

To be eligible, your family member must be an Irish, British or dual British and Irish citizen who was born in Northern Ireland.

When they were born, they must also have had a parent who held British, Irish or dual citizenship (or had no restriction on how long they could stay in Northern Ireland).

Fees

It is free to apply for the permit.

After you’ve applied

If your application is successful, check how long your permit lasts and when you can apply to stay longer in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit

Yasf

Post by Yasf » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:31 am

Thanks for your reply please On this home office site thay saying

Without one, you might not get a boarding pass or may be refused entry into the UK.
What does meaning

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:33 am

Yasf wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:31 am

What does meaning
It means if you do not have an euss family permit or visitor visa, you can be refused boarding or entry to the UK.

You cannot use the article 10 card anymore.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Yasf

Post by Yasf » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:14 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:33 am
Yasf wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:31 am

What does meaning
It means if you do not have an euss family permit or visitor visa, you can be refused boarding or entry to the UK.

You cannot use the article 10 card anymore.

Thank you for your reply
One my friend travelling to Glasgow from Spain on article 10 card without british citizen last month. They saying i don't have any problem on boarding and Glasgow Airport they just let me in.
That's why I am confused

Yasf

EUSS FAMILY PERMIT OUTSIDE THE UK TIME

Post by Yasf » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:13 pm

Hi everyone
How long its taking to get decision for euss family permit out side the UK. Any one received family permit within one two or three months because
I am applying for euss permit form cyprus next few Days. Please anyone help me what documents required for proof of family member of british citizen

evanpap79
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: EUSS FAMILY PERMIT OUTSIDE THE UK TIME

Post by evanpap79 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

Applied for EUSS Family Permits For my wife, 2 kids, and step daughter (kids are all dependents).
Application from USA.
I have pre-settled status.
My marriage and kids were all before Dec 31, 2020.

Timeline:
Online application: May 5, 2021
Biometrics: June 22, 2021
Received "Application forwarded to UKVI Email" from vfsglobal: June 30, 2021
Received "UK Visa Application - Receipt Acknowledged Email" from liverpoolvisainfo@fcdo.gov.uk: Sept 7, 2021

No further communication received as of Oct 27, 2021.

Anyone received their Visas that have similar timelines?

Thanks!
Evan

Rodolfo
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Rodolfo » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:22 pm

I am at the same situation. Any update about waiting times for EUSS Family permit?

Krayu
Newly Registered

Post by Krayu » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:02 pm

Here’s my timeline so far:

Applied for EUSS Travel Permit (applied in Russia): 21 October 2021
Biometrics: 21 October 2021
“Application forwarded”: 29 October 2011
UKVI acknowledgment email: 20 Dec 2021

Nothing since then

Krayu
Newly Registered

Post by Krayu » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:55 pm

Krayu wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:02 pm
Here’s my timeline so far:

Applied for EUSS Travel Permit (applied in Russia): 21 October 2021
Biometrics: 21 October 2021
“Application forwarded”: 29 October 2011
UKVI acknowledgment email: 20 Dec 2021

Nothing since then
After more than 3 months and an article in The Independent, I have been advised a "decision has been made" on my application and the appropriate Visa centre should get in touch with me in 10 WD.

Note that this is a Travel Permit, rather than a Family Permit and should realistically;ly take much less time.