ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS Family permit Timeline + question

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

John500
Newly Registered

EEA Family permit

Post by John500 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:13 pm

Hello guys,

I have a few questions to ask about an EEA family permit and i know this is the best place for it.

1) My spouse does not live in the country which she needs to apply for the EEA family permit, so does she physically need to go to that country or can she apply online anywhere and just submit the documents and passport at a later date at the visa application centre.

2) I have been told that appointments at the visa centre are very limited at the moment. Can my spouse apply in her own country, then look every day online to find an appointment slot and only then physically go to that appointment to submit her docs/passport?

3) Will the TB test be conducted at the same time/place as submitting docs or does that need to be booked separately?

Thank you for your time and i look forward to hearing your replies !

ValentineOlegov
Newly Registered
Moldova

Re: EEA Family permit

Post by ValentineOlegov » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:47 am

If your local visa application centre is still closed due corona restrictions,you will be able submit your visa application from every country worldwide.

John500
Newly Registered

Post by John500 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:46 pm

Hello ,

So we can submit an application online from the UK?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:55 am

John500 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:46 pm
Hello ,

So we can submit an application online from the UK?
Is your spouse already in the UK???
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

ValentineOlegov
Newly Registered
Moldova

Post by ValentineOlegov » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:47 pm

ValentineOlegov wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:47 am
If your local visa application centre is still closed due corona restrictions,you will be able to submit your visa application from every country worldwide.

John500
Newly Registered

Visa application centre location

Post by John500 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:48 pm

Hello,

My spouse wants to apply for an EU settlement scheme family permit to join me in the UK, she is an Afghan citizen with an Afghan Passport, my question is the nearest application centre to us is in Pakistan, Islamabad, however we have family in New Delhi (India) where there is also an application centre , is it our own choice in which application centre we apply from or do we have to apply from Islamabad. On the VFS website when i select Afghan citizen, the options given to choose an application centre are Islambad , Lahore and Karachi.
Does this mean these are the only options we have or can we apply from India ?

I look forward to hearing from you thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa application centre location

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:32 pm

Please do not spam the forum in other topics with the same question.

When a member is available and willing to answer, I am sure they will. We are all unpaid volunteers.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

John500
Newly Registered

EUSS Family permit Timeline + question

Post by John500 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:23 pm

Hey guys , here is my timeline

Biometrics / application : 25 February 2021 , Dubai
Email reply that a decision was made : 19 April 2021

It took overall nearly 2 months from the date of biometrics until a decision was made by UKVI

My question is , how long will it take for the visa application centre to contact me to collect my passport , its been 3 days now since the email and I was just wondering how long it will roughly take , I was told by a friend that the visa application centre sends the passports to the British High commission in Dubai and they will have to send the passport and the decision to the visa application centre who will then contact me , is this correct? Or am I mistaken

Thank you in advance and this forum is a great help to people worrying and stressing about these things like myself :D

lemarlemar121

Re: EUSS Family permit Timeline + question

Post by lemarlemar121 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:39 pm

Hi. It usually take from a week to 10 days.

Did your wife applied in Dubai on visa for EEA family permit. Or you got her Dubai residency visa before applying for EEA family permit?

Because my relative is also Afghan and want to apply for Euss family permit. It’s better to apply in Dubai then Islamabad.

alan771077
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by alan771077 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:09 pm

John500 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:23 pm

It took overall nearly 2 months from the date of biometrics until a decision was made by UKVI

My question is , how long will it take for the visa application centre to contact me to collect my passport , its been 3 days now since the email and I was just wondering how long it will roughly take , I was told by a friend that the visa application centre sends the passports to the British High commission in Dubai and they will have to send the passport and the decision to the visa application centre who will then contact me , is this correct? Or am I mistaken

Thank you in advance and this forum is a great help to people worrying and stressing about these things like myself :D

I hope your application is a success, the waiting is so stressful . We have also applied but only a few weeks into it now but still the wait is so stressful .. Just a quick question did you receive a not straight forward email .

John500
Newly Registered

Post by John500 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:37 pm

lemarlemar121 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:39 pm

Did your wife applied in Dubai on visa for EEA family permit. Or you got her Dubai residency visa before applying for EEA family permit?

Because my relative is also Afghan and want to apply for Euss family permit. It’s better to apply in Dubai then Islamabad.
Hi, she came with me on a 3 month visitor visa to dubai , & yes dubai is much better than islamabad , our documents were lost in islamabad for 1 year and 6 months when she applied from there

John500
Newly Registered

Post by John500 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:41 pm

alan771077 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:09 pm
John500 wrote:

I hope your application is a success, the waiting is so stressful . We have also applied but only a few weeks into it now but still the wait is so stressful .. Just a quick question did you receive a not straight forward email .
Thanks, yes i recieved the not straightforward email when i emailed them 4 weeks after applying , dont worry , around the 55 day [normal days not working days] mark a decision should hopefully be made , one of my friends had a similar timeline recently

Davy888
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by Davy888 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:00 pm

Hi,

My wife is a Saudi Resident and we have applied for the euss family permit.

One thing to note, we have arranged a proxy marriage which is legal and recognised in Saudi Arabia. We had no choice but to do this due to the travel restrictions and Saudi Arabia has provided me the marriage certificate and everything else needed for the supporting document.

Timeline:
Application date: 22nd April 2021
Biometric appointment: 2nd May 2021

Will update once I have more info!

Just wondering, will Saudi Arabia process also be about 2 weeks?

Thanks

alan771077
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by alan771077 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:36 pm

John500 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:41 pm
alan771077 wrote:
John500 wrote:

Thanks, yes i recieved the not straightforward email when i emailed them 4 weeks after applying , dont worry , around the 55 day [normal days not working days] mark a decision should hopefully be made , one of my friends had a similar timeline recently
Hopefully you will get your visa soon , I'm guessing that because we didnt receive refusal email pretty quickly that all will be ok .

John500
Newly Registered

Post by John500 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:01 pm

alan771077 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:36 pm
John500 wrote:
alan771077 wrote:
John500 wrote:

Hopefully you will get your visa soon , I'm guessing that because we didnt receive refusal email pretty quickly that all will be ok .
Yes , refusal decisions come very quickly , our refusal came in 10 days last time , and other peoples similarly come fast, all should be good !

alan771077
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by alan771077 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:46 pm

John500 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:01 pm
alan771077 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:36 pm
John500 wrote:
alan771077 wrote:

Yes , refusal decisions come very quickly , our refusal came in 10 days last time , and other peoples similarly come fast, all should be good !
It will be 15 working days 3 weeks exactly on Monday so hopefully it's good sign . Why did they refuse you first time

lemarlemar121

Post by lemarlemar121 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:33 am

John500 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:37 pm
lemarlemar121 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:39 pm

Hi, she came with me on a 3 month visitor visa to dubai , & yes dubai is much better than islamabad , our documents were lost in islamabad for 1 year and 6 months when she applied from there

Thank you for your reply. I hope you get a positive decision.
One of my cousins applied for her husband in 9 January 2021 still no answer. She applied from Islamabad.