ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS permit processing times disgrace

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

spaniard21
Newly Registered
Spain

EUSS permit processing times disgrace

Post by spaniard21 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:19 pm

Hello

My wife (non-EEA) did her biometrics for EUSS permit early April (outside the UK); and in mid May we received an email saying her application is being prepared for an Entry Clearance Officer for a decision.

Today (4 months and 10 days since biometrics) another email arrived saying the case is complex and please carry on with the waiting game.

I have lived in this country (as EU citizen exercising EEA rights) for more than 10 years, worked, granted permanent residence and then naturalised as a British citizen.

I understand the guys in Liverpool might be overheated with the number of applicants but I am sure they could do with a better service.

Has anyone been waiting this long or is it my case really “complex” needing longer processing as they have said?

Thanks

NatCam
Georgia

Re: EUSS permit processing times disgrace

Post by NatCam » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:28 pm

We have waited 4.5 months with positive outcome. Escalated it once, in June.
Good luck.

Petacare
Newly Registered

Post by Petacare » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:18 am

I am still waiting too but from seeing other people's experiences, it seems like the norm is 3-4 months. Some people have been waiting 5-6 months even. I think there were are a lot of applications than expected from the recent euss deadline, in combination with the influx of student visa application at this time of the year, there are just really busy right now. I agree it's painful to have to wait this long, but there's nothing really we can do unfortunately. A lot of people have tried 'escalating', complaining, writing to mps, but none of those seem to actually work.

spaniard21
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by spaniard21 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:22 am

Thanks

What month exactly did you/your partner apply for the EUSS FP? Just to get an idea where are they up to in processing the queue?

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:55 pm

Hi,
It was my sister. She applied from Greece. Her daughter is studying here.
She applied end of March, got her permit on the 13th of this month. (email was sent on that day)
Best of luck and don't worry too much. It was almost 100% refusal in her case, because at the time of application daughter was in Greece recovering from the life saving operation (hence no proof of residence.).

oderaam
Newly Registered

Post by oderaam » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:33 pm

My Mother-inlaw applied for EUSS FP on 27 March 2021 and had her biometric on the 4 May 2021. This is 21 Sep 2021 still nothing. Applied from Ireland

evanpap79
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by evanpap79 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

Applied for EUSS Family Permits For my wife, 2 kids, and step daughter (kids are all dependents).
Application from USA.
I have pre-settled status.
My marriage and kids were all before Dec 31, 2020.

Timeline:
Online application: May 5, 2021
Biometrics: June 22, 2021
Received "Application forwarded to UKVI Email" from vfsglobal: June 30, 2021
Received "UK Visa Application - Receipt Acknowledged Email" from liverpoolvisainfo@fcdo.gov.uk: Sept 7, 2021

No further communication received as of Oct 27, 2021.

Anyone received their Visas that have similar timelines?

Thanks!
Evan