ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family permit form - query

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DarrylZhang
Newly Registered
Macau

Family permit form - query

Post by DarrylZhang » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:04 pm

Good evening

My spouse is an EEA national and I am applying for a Family Permit to the UK. I have 2 questions here which I shall appreciate your kindest attention to address.

1. The EEA Family Permit form (VAF5 DEC2013) contains a subsection 8.6 YOUR EEA RESIDENCY which says "Do you have a valid residence card or visa for an EEA member country?" Could you kindly clarify if this “visa" refers to a "residency visa" that permits the applicant to enter the EEA member country where the spouse is a national?

2. None of the sections which I am required to fill in addresses the need for evidence of Finances and Employment (my spouse and I intend to travel to the UK together). Do I still have to supply this information listed in section 11 SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS CHECKLIST?

Thank you very much for your attention to my queries and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely :)
Zhangli

sebasb21
Newly Registered
Uruguay

Re: Family permit form - query

Post by sebasb21 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:56 pm

hi,

I made that application some time ago. I will answer from my experience and of course I'm not an expert (but i managed to get to the UK without any prof. advice on this matters.

1) The question is pretty straight forward, is asking if you have any kind of visa or residence in any EEA country. Just answer that, don't try to add info to the question.

2) If your spouse is the EEA national and is not living in the UK, and it's traveling with you, you are not required to provide financial information. We didn't provide anything although we answered some questions in the form regarding our financial current status, but it was all on the form and in a declarative way (no evidence presented)

I found out that is very important to read the Law regarding this issues to understand your spouses rights, and also in the HO web site there is a guide that the HO Officers use to evaluate this applications, it's very good to read that also, so you understand what the officer is going to evaluate when reading your application.

Good luck
S