ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flying to Jersey ( Channel Island ) with no Residence Permit or VISA from the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Flying to Jersey ( Channel Island ) with no Residence Permit or VISA from the UK

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi guys wondering if i can travel to Jersey, Channel Island with just my Passport. I don't have any UK VISA / Residence card .. My application with the Home Office under Eu settlement so i just have COA

I went there 10 years ago but with valid VISa .. i only saw customs no passport check. is it same now?
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Re: Flying to Jersey ( Channel Island ) with no Residence Permit or VISA from the UK

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sat May 25, 2019 7:31 am

Hi.

I just arrived in Jersey yesterday for a week holiday, I only showed my driving license, no question asked. I am a non EU citizen who holds a residence card.

When you say you dont have Residence card or any UK visa, how are you legally allowed to stay in UK? What are the circumstances?

Anyway, given that you are UK resident, you wont face any problem. Just show an ID. But always be prepared just in case they ask questions. 😊

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Flying to Jersey ( Channel Island ) with no Residence Permit or VISA from the UK

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:52 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:31 am
Hi.

I just arrived in Jersey yesterday for a week holiday, I only showed my driving license, no question asked. I am a non EU citizen who holds a residence card.

When you say you dont have Residence card or any UK visa, how are you legally allowed to stay in UK? What are the circumstances?

Anyway, given that you are UK resident, you wont face any problem. Just show an ID. But always be prepared just in case they ask questions. 😊
5 years Residence Card expired
I didn’t apply for New RC
I didn’t apply for permanent Residence

Recently send application under EU settlement scheme and it’s under process

Thanks for your reply / I will travel there with my new passport
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021