ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good news for EU citizens making late applications for post-Brexit residence rights

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cissebj
Newly Registered
Bahamas

Good news for EU citizens making late applications for post-Brexit residence rights

Post by cissebj » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:17 am

Greetings,
I recently learned about the late application for Settled Status; I have a non-biometric permanent residence document on my passport, I am currently outside the UK, and I have no idea how to apply because I am a non-EU citizen with a non-biometric permanent residence vignette, so I ask these questions.

1. Is it possible for a non-EU national holding a Permanent Resident card (Vignette on my passport) to apply for EU Settled Status from outside the UK? Because my PR was granted before biometrics, I do not have a BRC. If this is the case, I urgently require your assistance.

2. How can I return to the UK to apply for Settled Status now that the PR given under EU law is no longer valid?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Good news for EU citizens making late applications for post-Brexit residence rights

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:08 am

cissebj wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:17 am
Greetings,
I recently learned about the late application for Settled Status; I have a non-biometric permanent residence document on my passport, I am currently outside the UK, and I have no idea how to apply because I am a non-EU citizen with a non-biometric permanent residence vignette, so I ask these questions.

1. Is it possible for a non-EU national holding a Permanent Resident card (Vignette on my passport) to apply for EU Settled Status from outside the UK? Because my PR was granted before biometrics, I do not have a BRC. If this is the case, I urgently require your assistance.

2. How can I return to the UK to apply for Settled Status now that the PR given under EU law is no longer valid?
I think you need to provide more information on your UK immigration history to enable members to comment specifically.
When did you live in the UK? About your EU sponsor - is he/she holding Settled Status?
You are certainly correct that EU PR documents are no longer valid.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

cissebj
Newly Registered
Bahamas

Re: Good news for EU citizens making late applications for post-Brexit residence rights

Post by cissebj » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:19 am

I no longer require an EU sponsor because I have permanent residence; also, my EU sponsor does not intend to return to the UK, at least not as a resident, and I am the only one who wishes to do so. We both have documents PR from when we left the UK for employment nearly 4 years ago; my last entry to the UK was just before the lockdown in 2020, so it will be 2 years in the early net year of 2022, and my PR will expire next year (though this is no longer considered valid).
Despite working abroad, I always returned to the UK every quarter due to strong relationships, and I even kept my apartment until the 2020 lockdown began, so I had never been away for an extended period of time until the pandemic.

cissebj
Newly Registered
Bahamas

Post by cissebj » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:31 am

If my EU sponsor has Settled Status, do my possibilities improve? If so, do you have any suggestions on how to continue if the Settle Status is approved? We both should have applied for BC, but we were under the impression that PR would protect our rights.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:11 pm

cissebj wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:31 am
If my EU sponsor has Settled Status, do my possibilities improve? If so, do you have any suggestions on how to continue if the Settle Status is approved? We both should have applied for BC, but we were under the impression that PR would protect our rights.
You have to have a sponsor with Settled Status I believe. The PR under EU regulations is no longer valid, i.e. not accepted for any application. However, others may be able to comment in more detail. Best to transfer this thread from the sticky to the main part of the forum.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.