ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got settled status, previous EEA card valid up to 2023

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aownnaqvi
Newly Registered

Got settled status, previous EEA card valid up to 2023

Post by Aownnaqvi » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:42 pm

I got settled status this week, my EEA card is valid up to 2023, do I need a new card to travel abroad

Bazinga_

Re: Got settled status, previous EEA card valid up to 2023

Post by Bazinga_ » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:44 am

Aownnaqvi wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:42 pm
I got settled status this week, my EEA card is valid up to 2023, do I need a new card to travel abroad
You can still use your EEA card till it expires. See what the home office says :

“If you have EU settled or pre-settled status you can continue to use your residence card until it expires. You do not need to apply for a new one.

If you need to replace your card when it expires, you can apply for a replacement.”

From here https://www.gov.uk/uk-residence-card

siralexius

Post by siralexius » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:41 pm

Bazinga_ wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:44 am
Aownnaqvi wrote:
You can still use your EEA card till it expires. See what the home office says :

“If you have EU settled or pre-settled status you can continue to use your residence card until it expires. You do not need to apply for a new one.

If you need to replace your card when it expires, you can apply for a replacement.”

Hi,
I did received today the settled status and did applied for changing my BRC. As you shared this link and as it is saying we can use the resident card until it is expiring. Are we sure with this so I might cancel my application and there is no need to continue? Can you or someone please inform me regarding?

Bazinga_

Post by Bazinga_ » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:54 pm

siralexius wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:41 pm
Bazinga_ wrote:
Aownnaqvi wrote:

Hi,
I did received today the settled status and did applied for changing my BRC. As you shared this link and as it is saying we can use the resident card until it is expiring. Are we sure with this so I might cancel my application and there is no need to continue? Can you or someone please inform me regarding?
Yes, you do not need to upgrade your EEA card. I wish this information was out before I applied for mine. I wouldn’t have been in such a hurry to upgrade it. There is no harm in proceeding to upgrade it but you don’t fancy then don’t.

siralexius

Post by siralexius » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:13 pm

Bazinga_ wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:54 pm
siralexius wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:41 pm
Bazinga_ wrote:
Aownnaqvi wrote:

Hi,
Yes, you do not need to upgrade your EEA card. I wish this information was out before I applied for mine. I wouldn’t have been in such a hurry to upgrade it. There is no harm in proceeding to upgrade it but you don’t fancy then don’t.
Well.. I did rushed too and even book my biometrics but didn't submit anything yet. I did cancel my biometrics appoitment but couldn't find how to cancel my update request. So question is;
- If we don't need to renew as my resident card expires on 2023, if I don't give my biometrics will it be fine leave it as it is? or
- I should contact to resulution center and ask about it so they can cancel it and it won't create a confusing and change my status in a way?
What would you suggest?

Aownnaqvi
Newly Registered

Post by Aownnaqvi » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:44 pm

Thanks to bazinga
I filled application for replacement but before submitting it I put a question on the board
And he answered me in time

Aownnaqvi
Newly Registered

Post by Aownnaqvi » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:29 am

You can check and prove your status online by putting yours existing card details which means old card is attached with your settled status until new card will be generated

wish_uk
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by wish_uk » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:31 pm

Hi. I have recieved settled status on 21 june.

My BRC will expire on March 2021

I applied for replacement.

I have my biometric appointment on 12 july.

Is it ok, if I am going to change before expiring of current BRC.

Are the current BRCs not invalidated to use after 30 june?

In case I travel outside the Uk, can I come back with old BRC
married Aug 2014