ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, Zimba

ljdebenedictis
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:01 pm
Mood:
Philippines

Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:47 am

Good morning everyone. 😊

I’m married to a British Citizen (Surinder Singh route), my proof of residency is a vignette in my passport.

I am aware that we cannot apply for the test phase hence I waited till it fully open today, I checked the gov.uk and it is confirmed that the application is now fully opened for everyone. So, I tried this morning, scanned my vignette and only to be informed the same thing “British citizen cannot apply for EU settlement scheme”. 🤦🏽‍♀️

If anyone with the same situation with me manage to successfully apply today or next few days, please share your experience.

Thank you

Bunny47
Junior Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:25 pm
Mood:

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by Bunny47 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:17 am

My residence card was issued on A4 size paper and am having the same trouble as you. Waiting for 9:30am so I can give them a call. Called them couple of days ago and I was told I'll be able to do it once the scheme is fully open.

apc2012
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:17 pm

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by apc2012 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:24 am

Hi, I am also a Surinder Singh spouse who was waiting to apply today. I looked online and it seems we can only apply via a paper application per this link: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... Surinder Singh route-citizen

I am so annoyed! Why did the Home Office repeatedly say it will be fully open for Surinder Singh families on March 30th when it's not? We can't apply online and it can take up to 5 days for them to send the paper application.

Bunny47
Junior Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:25 pm
Mood:

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by Bunny47 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:35 am

I think it another glitch in their app coz am not even surrinder Singh route. But this thing is annoying. Their app cannot even recognise the document issued by them.

PLUZZ
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:02 pm

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by PLUZZ » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:09 am

Same here. I tried to apply for settled status today, as I have a residence card (Vignette) via Surinder Singh route, but the app could not recognise my vignette. Further check on the gov.uk website mentioned that Surinder Singhers need to request a paper application form. Previous documents prior to now have mentioned that only the Zambrano categories will require paper application (except where this has been unusually agreed by the home office due to extenuating circumstances), and that all every other categories will be able to apply using the online app. So why the change today?

apc2012
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:17 pm

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by apc2012 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:43 am

I called the Resolution Centre and they have confirmed that all Surinder Singh applications will need to be done via a paper application. Someone from the Resolution Centre that specializes in case law is due to call me back by the end of the day to let me know further details on the process.I will post back once I speak to them again. The lady that I did speak to said that if you have a legacy document already with the Home Office, such as already having a residence card/documentation, it should be more straightforward, but who knows...

Will update when I hear back from the specialist.

PLUZZ
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:02 pm

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by PLUZZ » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:52 am

apc2012 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:43 am
I called the Resolution Centre and they have confirmed that all Surinder Singh applications will need to be done via a paper application. Someone from the Resolution Centre that specializes in case law is due to call me back by the end of the day to let me know further details on the process.I will post back once I speak to them again. The lady that I did speak to said that if you have a legacy document already with the Home Office, such as already having a residence card/documentation, it should be more straightforward, but who knows...

Will update when I hear back from the specialist.
I rang the resolution centre and I was advised the same too. Took my number and email address and will pass it to team lead, who will ring me back asap. Could not advise how soon I will be contacted back though.
Will update back.

apc2012
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:17 pm

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by apc2012 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:41 am

They called me back and was told that they will post the application to me next week, which will need to be posted back. With regards to what needs to be provided, the person I spoke with said that it is likely that if you already have a document establishing the Surinder Singh relationship, you won't be asked to provide your original documents, but that you might have to so to hold on to them just in case. As I have a vignette EEA residence document, I will need to post my passport. I will need to submit evidence of residence for myself and my spouse.

I will post another update once I receive the application.

PLUZZ
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:02 pm

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by PLUZZ » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:41 pm

apc2012 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:41 am
They called me back and was told that they will post the application to me next week, which will need to be posted back. With regards to what needs to be provided, the person I spoke with said that it is likely that if you already have a document establishing the Surinder Singh relationship, you won't be asked to provide your original documents, but that you might have to so to hold on to them just in case. As I have a vignette EEA residence document, I will need to post my passport. I will need to submit evidence of residence for myself and my spouse.

I will post another update once I receive the application.
I just received a call from them as well, and I was advised the same thing. The lady advised they send out the form to each person with your unique reference number, name and DOB already pre-printed on the form. I asked whether it is required that documents pertaining to 'living and working' in the previous EU country will need to be included as part of the application at this stage, and the very helpful lady advised that from her understanding, this would not be required again, as your issued residence card would serve that purpose. She stated that they have raised this question with their team lead however, and they should have clarifications shortly. The application process is that once you receive the form in the post, you return it with physical evidence of your supporting documents (you cannot upload supporting documents online following submission of your application). You then receive a letter (not sure if this is by post of email) advising you to book an enrolment for Biometrics, if you do not already have a biometric residence card. Following your biometrics enrolment, you will then receive a certificate of application by email. The lady was unable to advise o estimated processing time for the entire application process.

mkhan2525
Member
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:27 pm

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by mkhan2525 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:18 pm

Where a previous biometric residence card has been issued it makes no sense to require applicants to make a paper application especially if they are not going to require evidence of residence in another EEA state.

I don't think they have fully thought it through and may make changes to their policy. If there is no rush to make an application its best to wait.

ljdebenedictis
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:01 pm
Mood:
Philippines

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:47 pm

Thank you for all the replies. 😊

I requested a form this morning so just need to wait for that. I really thought it’s gonna be a quick application but looks like it will be a bit of slow one.

Please share anymore updates.
Thank you xx

ljdebenedictis
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:01 pm
Mood:
Philippines

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:02 pm

Btw, how did you guys request for a form? I only filled up a question form and explained that I need a form as I am applying for EU settlement scheme (Surinder Singh).

Or is there another way?
I haven’t really got any reply or confirmation from them.

Thanks

PLUZZ
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:02 pm

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by PLUZZ » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:58 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:02 pm
Btw, how did you guys request for a form? I only filled up a question form and explained that I need a form as I am applying for EU settlement scheme (Surinder Singh).

Or is there another way?
I haven’t really got any reply or confirmation from them.

Thanks
Thats one of the two ways you can request the form. The best way is to contact the resolution centre by phone and they will take down your details and post out the form to you. You can also request the form by completing their online form and you will receive an email asking you to respond with your details (name, passport number, address etc) which will be used in posting out the firm to you.

ljdebenedictis
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:01 pm
Mood:
Philippines

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:02 pm

PLUZZ wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:58 pm
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:02 pm
Btw, how did you guys request for a form? I only filled up a question form and explained that I need a form as I am applying for EU settlement scheme (Surinder Singh).

Or is there another way?
I haven’t really got any reply or confirmation from them.

Thanks
Thats one of the two ways you can request the form. The best way is to contact the resolution centre by phone and they will take down your details and post out the form to you. You can also request the form by completing their online form and you will receive an email asking you to respond with your details (name, passport number, address etc) which will be used in posting out the firm to you.
I see. Do they reply quickly as I send them an online form today and haven’t got any message yet xx

ljdebenedictis
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:01 pm
Mood:
Philippines

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:37 pm

Just an update.. I received an email from them today..

“Dear XXXX

Thank you for contacting the EU Settlement Resolution Centre regarding paper applications.

We have noted your request and will be in contact with you shortly.

You can find more information about the scheme by visiting:
https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families

Please note we cannot deal with any enquiries/replies sent directly to this mailbox.

If you require further assistance regarding the EU Settlement Scheme, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0300 123 7379. Our opening times are Monday to Friday (8am to 8pm); Saturday and Sunday (9:30am to 4:30pm).


Yours sincerely,

EU Settlement Resolution Centre
UK Visas & Immigration”

That’s all I’ve got from them. Let’s see what’s the next email they will send me, prob tomorrow. This is gonna me a very slow process I think 😴.

If you guys have some more updates, please share it here, thank you xx

masoud62
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:48 pm

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by masoud62 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:53 pm

I emailed them yesterday and got reply today as follow:

Dear xxxx

Thank you for contacting the EU Settlement Resolution Centre requesting a paper application, as you are applying via Surinder Singh route for status under the EU Settlement Scheme.

For us to deal with your query could you please resubmit the online query form using the link below, providing us with the applicants following information.

https://eu-settled-status-enquiries.ser ... r-question

·         Full Name

·         Address

·         Date of Birth

·         Nationality

·         Passport number

·         Telephone number

·         Details of your representative (name, email phone number if applicable)

Alternatively, please gather the details above and contact the EU Settlement Resolution Centre on 0300 123 7379. Our opening hours are Monday - Friday, 8am to 8pm and Saturday - Sunday, 9:30am to 4:30pm.

Yours sincerely,

EU Settlement Resolution Centre

UK Visas & Immigration

ljdebenedictis
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:01 pm
Mood:
Philippines

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:58 pm

masoud62 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:53 pm
I emailed them yesterday and got reply today as follow:

Dear xxxx

Thank you for contacting the EU Settlement Resolution Centre requesting a paper application, as you are applying via Surinder Singh route for status under the EU Settlement Scheme.

For us to deal with your query could you please resubmit the online query form using the link below, providing us with the applicants following information.

https://eu-settled-status-enquiries.ser ... r-question

·         Full Name

·         Address

·         Date of Birth

·         Nationality

·         Passport number

·         Telephone number

·         Details of your representative (name, email phone number if applicable)

Alternatively, please gather the details above and contact the EU Settlement Resolution Centre on 0300 123 7379. Our opening hours are Monday - Friday, 8am to 8pm and Saturday - Sunday, 9:30am to 4:30pm.

Yours sincerely,

EU Settlement Resolution Centre

UK Visas & Immigration
Hmmm. I wonder why I didn’t get the same reply? 🤔 I mean why didn’t ask for my details or any information.

What does “Details of representative” means? Have you replied to them? Did they sent an email back? xx

masoud62
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:48 pm

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by masoud62 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:05 pm

My friend got the same reply as yours.
I replied to them today no reply from them yet.
detail of representative is name and contact details if you named someone to deal with your application on your behalf like solicitors or spouce .

ljdebenedictis
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:01 pm
Mood:
Philippines

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:52 pm

masoud62 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:05 pm
My friend got the same reply as yours.
I replied to them today no reply from them yet.
detail of representative is name and contact details if you named someone to deal with your application on your behalf like solicitors or spouce .
Oh I see.
I guess I just need to wait for an email and take it from there.

There is another discusssion and apparently you can do the “Apply now and post”, and they already filled in some form and now they just need to book appointment for biometric. I’m really confused and clueless about this application. I was expecting an easy process as they promised. 😢

PLUZZ
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:02 pm

Re: Has anyone tried the now fully opened application for EU settlement scheme?

Post by PLUZZ » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:54 am

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:52 pm
masoud62 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:05 pm
My friend got the same reply as yours.
I replied to them today no reply from them yet.
detail of representative is name and contact details if you named someone to deal with your application on your behalf like solicitors or spouce .
Oh I see.
I guess I just need to wait for an email and take it from there.

There is another discusssion and apparently you can do the “Apply now and post”, and they already filled in some form and now they just need to book appointment for biometric. I’m really confused and clueless about this application. I was expecting an easy process as they promised. 😢

@ijbenedicts- could you share a link to the discussion you mentioned please?

Locked
cron