ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help please! Which visa for USA national husband and child of a EU national with Settled Status in UK?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CrisPaix
Newly Registered

Help please! Which visa for USA national husband and child of a EU national with Settled Status in UK?

Post by CrisPaix » Wed May 18, 2022 8:40 am

Hi all
I need some help.
My sister is an EU national who has settled status in the UK, so ILR.
She got married to an American national here in the UK then went to live in the USA 2 years ago and has since had a baby boy one year ago.
Now they want to return to the UK to live here, should her husband and child apply for an EU family permit before coming to the UK or should they come to the UK first and then apply to the EU Settlement Scheme for pre-settled status?
All help will be gratefully received. Thank you in advance.

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Help please! Which visa for USA national husband and child of a EU national with Settled Status in UK?

Post by JB007 » Wed May 18, 2022 12:45 pm

CrisPaix wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 8:40 am
Hi all
I need some help.
My sister is an EU national who has settled status in the UK, so ILR.
She got married to an American national here in the UK then went to live in the USA 2 years ago and has since had a baby boy one year ago.
Now they want to return to the UK to live here, should her husband and child apply for an EU family permit before coming to the UK or should they come to the UK first and then apply to the EU Settlement Scheme for pre-settled status?
All help will be gratefully received. Thank you in advance.
https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... ligibility