Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help: RESIDENCE CARD

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ugosonic
Newly Registered

Help: RESIDENCE CARD

Post by Ugosonic » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:05 pm

I am applying for a residence card as a NON EEA national , all other documents are complete but the problem is my sponsor which is an EEA national doesn't have a permanent job. He had one before that stopped middle of march 2019 and even where he is working now is just a temporary place that he just started last week so no evidence that he has been working with them. What is the possibility of getting that residence card. My family permit will expire May 2019. I have been dependent on him even before I came to UK and even in UK. Am not working yet. What am I to do? Please advice

kingmashosho
Newly Registered

Re: Help: RESIDENCE CARD

Post by kingmashosho » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:49 am

From my personal experience as a non EU National, all that matters is that your EU Sponsor is working and no matter if he got the job in a week or two.

All he have to do is to get a letter headed paper from his employer that states that he is currently working with them and add even if its a week pay slip to the form from the company or ask his employer to fill the page that relates to him and you are good to go.

Ugosonic
Newly Registered

Post by Ugosonic » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:37 am

kingmashosho wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:49 am
From my personal experience as a non EU National, all that matters is that your EU Sponsor is working and no matter if he got the job in a week or two.

Thanks for your response. he is working but is a temporary job, and his employer doesn't want to sign the page that relates to them. They said is a temporary job thats why they can't sign it. Is there any other suggestion on what to do?

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:54 pm

Ugosonic wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:37 am
Thanks for your response. he is working but is a temporary job, and his employer doesn't want to sign the page that relates to them. They said is a temporary job thats why they can't sign it. Is there any other suggestion on what to do?
Apply for pre-settled status. What matters for that is your sponsor's presence in the UK and your relationship to him. Your relationship will have been confirmed by the family permit.