ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office UK Visas and Immigration

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

up888576
Newly Registered

Home Office UK Visas and Immigration

Post by up888576 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:44 pm

So i have applied for a permanent residence card and have been asked to send certain documents, so I have sent the following documents:
-Bank statements, from two different banks (normal account and student account) both banks with sufficient funds
-School Letters, all the way back from 2006 (primary school), 2011 (secondary school), and 2016 (college), and I also sent my uni acceptance letter from 2018
-I sent school certificates from secondary school (2011) and college (2016)

They never asked for evidence of comprehensive medical insurance and i already said i did not have one, so i couldn’t send anything for that...

I have provided enough evidence of study for a period of five years and I also showed that I have sufficient funds available to me...

I’m very confused as to what i do now, since i have provided everything they have asked for? If anyone else had this problem could you please tell me what you did and if it worked, any other advice would also be appreciated.

Copy of email: xxxxx xxxx.xxxxxx@homeoffice.gov.uk via homeoffice.gov.uk to (my email)

Dear (my name)

This email is regarding your application for a document certifying permanent residence dated 26 December 2018.

As you have not provided evidence to show that your are exercising treaty rights as a student for a five year period. Therefore, you do not qualify for permanent residence.

You have provided the following in support of your application:

College Certificates 2016 and 2018

University payment timetable 2018-2019

Student finance letter 2018

University confirmation letter 2018

You have not provided evidence that you hold sufficient funds in your bank account. You have also not provided evidence a comprehensive medical insurance.

You have provided school letters dated 2006-2011, 2019 (Winton Community, Vigo Primary School). You can be considered as a direct family member if your parent has been issued permanent residence previously. To be considered in your own right you must provide evidence of study for a period of five years with evidence of medical insurance and that you have sufficient funds available to you.

Please reply within 2 working days if we do not receive a reply from you your application will be decided based on the evidence provided.

Kind Regards
xxxxxxx

European Casework NWEURO9

UK Visas and Immigration
The Capital Building
Liverpool L39PP.

kamoe

Re: Home Office UK Visas and Immigration

Post by kamoe » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:46 pm

up888576 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:44 pm
To be considered in your own right you must provide evidence of study for a period of five years with evidence of medical insurance and that you have sufficient funds available to you.
Basically, as I understand this, it seems your application has three problems:

1. You are not providing proof of your student status throughout 5 continous years. Having finished primary school in the UK does not prove you did the whole of your primary school in the UK, same for secondary, same for college. To leave no room for refusal, it is best to supply one document per year of studies you want to prove (5 consecutive years).

2. You are not proving sufficient funds.

Most importantly:

3. You are not providing proof you had comprehensive sickness insurance during your studies. This is a requirement, and I'm afraid you cannot just say "I don't have it". If you cannot provide this, then, as the letter says, you are not eligible for PR on your own right.

As the letter suggests, you could apply as a family member of one of your parents. Are they EU nationals, and do they have PR?

Whatever you decide to do, looks like your PR will be refused, if it is considered with only the evidence you gave (which, as the letter informed you, is insufficient).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

up888576
Newly Registered

Re: Home Office UK Visas and Immigration

Post by up888576 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:39 pm

Hi

Thank you for the reply.

As for point 1 I have sent letters from schools stating that I have attended school dating back to 2006 (thats then i came to the UK) .. I dont get how is that not enough evidence. They want me to provide separate letter for each year??

2) I currently study fulltime at Uni living at student accomodation with a student loan + i get financial support from my parents.. what is here to prove and how do i do it? how much is sufficent funds?

3) i have EHIC card issued in the UK will this count? i wasnt aware there was a need for comprehensive insurance?

my parents are eu nationals but they never applied for any resident status or similar

what can i do? i needed this card to apply for citizenship, i already passed the ielts and life i the uk
can i apply with this new pilot scheme i. e. settled status?

thanks for any help
much appreciated