ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long will take?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

D3nnyS
Newly Registered
India

How long will take?

Post by D3nnyS » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:36 pm

Hallo. I am non EU spouse , mary in uk in july 2019 , aplication submited on 7 th august 2019 , biometrics done , COA recived , waitting for decision from 2 months. How long will take???

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Re: How long will take?

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:38 pm

Obee786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Obee786 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:23 pm

D3nnyS wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:36 pm
Hallo. I am non EU spouse , mary in uk in july 2019 , aplication submited on 7 th august 2019 , biometrics done , COA recived , waitting for decision from 2 months. How long will take???
Call then

Desi Boy

Post by Desi Boy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:35 pm

Wait till 6 months

Magus1984
Mood:
Argentina

Post by Magus1984 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:25 pm

Expected processing times
You do not need to contact us once you have applied. We will contact you if we need any further information. There’s no change to your status in the UK while your application is processed.

It usually takes around 5 working days for complete applications to be processed, but it can take up to a month.

Your application is likely to take longer to process if:

we need to request more information from you
you’re applying as a minor and your application is not linked to an adult
you submit a paper application
you have a relevant criminal record
you’re a non-EEA or non-Swiss citizen and are applying based on a relationship you haven’t relied on in a previous application to the Home Office

source: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... plications

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:04 pm

D3nnyS wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:36 pm
aplication submited on 7 th august 2019
I'm amazed at how soon people jump to answer this without first asking a very basic question: Application for what?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

D3nnyS
Newly Registered
India

Post by D3nnyS » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:22 pm

If the topic is EU settle scheme what for can be aplication? Driving license?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:25 pm

D3nnyS wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:22 pm
If the topic is EU settle scheme what for can be aplication? Driving license?
Where does it say the topic is EU Settlement Scheme? Topic is EEA applications. Not the same thing.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:33 pm

This answer assumes the OP is asking for a EU Settlement scheme application, one of several possible applications for EEA nationals and their families.
Last edited by kamoe on Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:34 pm

Desi Boy wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:35 pm
Wait till 6 months
This answer assumes the OP is asking for a EEA Residence Card application, another one of several possible applications for EEA nationals and their families.

See the point?

D3nnyS
Newly Registered
India

Post by D3nnyS » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:07 pm

What means EEA application for you? Do you know any other way than EU scheme for ERA application? Please i am not the right person if u want arguments. You will be more successful on a political debate website.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:22 pm

D3nnyS wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:07 pm
What means EEA application for you?
By definition, any application for which EEA nationals and their family members are eligible, by the strength of their or their family member citizenship of a EEA state.
Do you know any other way than EU scheme for ERA application?

Yes. EEA Residence Cards.
A quick browse in this forums will confirm this is still possible.

Have a nice day.

D3nnyS
Newly Registered
India

Post by D3nnyS » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:27 pm

And according to you the RC from EU Settlement Scheme is not same as EEA RC😂😂😂😂😂

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:35 pm

D3nnyS wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:27 pm
And according to you the RC from EU Settlement Scheme is not same as EEA RC😂😂😂😂😂
Not according to me, according to the Home Office itself. Check they have two very different pages:

EEA route: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card

Settlement status: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families

They require different eligibility criteria, and provide different benefits.

For instance, some key differences are:
  • The EEA RC gives you visa-free travel to EU countires, while the Settlement Scheme card does not.
  • The EEA permanent Residence card might in certain circumstances allow you to apply for British citizenship straight away, while the Settled Status card requires you to wait for a year.
  • You break your continuous residency period if you are absent from the UK for continuous 2 years or more with a EEA RC, the period is 5 years or more with a Pre-Settled status card.
For a full comparison, with pro's and con's of each option, please view this post, which has been extensively quoted many times in this forum whenever someone is unsure winch option to choose.

Tiktok
Morocco

Post by Tiktok » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:19 pm

kamoe wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:35 pm
D3nnyS wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:27 pm
Not according to me, according to the Home Office itself. Check they have two very different pages:

EEA route: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card

Hi kameo I was following ur topic long time and couldn't find ur update what was the outcome of ur eu settlement application thank u

Settlement status: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families

They require different eligibility criteria, and provide different benefits.

For instance, some key differences are:
  • The EEA RC gives you visa-free travel to EU countires, while the Settlement Scheme card does not.
  • The EEA permanent Residence card might in certain circumstances allow you to apply for British citizenship straight away, while the Settled Status card requires you to wait for a year.
  • You break your continuous residency period if you are absent from the UK for continuous 2 years or more with a EEA RC, the period is 5 years or more with a Pre-Settled status card.
For a full comparison, with pro's and con's of each option, please view this post, which has been extensively quoted many times in this forum whenever someone is unsure winch option to choose.