ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am European dependent can I bring my dependent parents to UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nab2019
Newly Registered
Pakistan

I am European dependent can I bring my dependent parents to UK

Post by Nab2019 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:51 pm

Hi,

My wife is EU passport holder and living here in uk for more Then 5 yrs and she is working fulltime.
I recently applied for Eea dependant visa for my parent's as I am there only child and they are financially dependent on me. I have been sending them the money every month from last 2 yrs.

Eco rejected the visa as I just send 6 months proof of sending the money and my wife account was £2000 overdraft but I did submit my 6 months bank statement and I have enough funds to show that I can support them.

I have applied for appeal and sent 1 year proof that I am sending money to my parents and 6 months bank statement to show even if my wife account is on overdraft £2000 I can still support my parents .

Is there any chances to get a visa ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: I am European dependent can I bring my dependent parents to UK

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:55 pm

Getting a dependent visa for parents is extremely difficult. They have to be virtually homeless and destitute and with zero means of support or income from their own country.

If there is any income other than the amounts you supply however small then that will go against them. If they own their house then forget it. If you have relatives or siblings in the home country then that will point to a no too.

What reason is there for them to come to the UK in any case as you can support them by funding them from the UK? Essentially the fact they can survive at the moment is actually a point against them.

The threshold is set very high for these cases and I have not seen anything other than exceptional circumstances succeed. Being poor and old or even severely ill are not exceptional reasons from previous case law.

NatCam
Georgia

Re: I am European dependent can I bring my dependent parents to UK

Post by NatCam » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:20 pm

@Frontier Mole,
The thing is that the wife has 2000£ overdraft. IN other words, the OP doesn't seem to be able to support his family. I even doubt they are together.
I fully understand people who want to have their parents next to them - I'm one of them. Okay. Life is bad.
@Nab2019 2000£ overdraft is a bad thing in your situation. You have to show you have enough money to look after your parents in the UK.