ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joining an EEA Spouse based in UK, but the airline connection goes through Dublin

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

coaster
Newly Registered
United States of America

Joining an EEA Spouse based in UK, but the airline connection goes through Dublin

Post by coaster » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:42 pm

Hi Everyone, I'm a non-visa national (USA) trying to join my EEA spouse living in the UK on a Dependant Stamp rather than an EEA Family Permit because the process of applying for the family permit has been shut down here for months with no updates.

We have talked about it with an immigration advisor who gave us all of the documents I should have on hand to prove the relationship. However, now that we're trying to schedule the flights, most of the ones from my area go through Dublin.

I know that if you connect to the UK through Dublin you don't get the same sort of stamp you would coming through a UK airport because there is no border check between Dublin and UK airports. Will this affect my ability to apply for the EUSS once I'm in the UK?