ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just Arrived on EEA Family Permit - Does my wife need a QP (qualified Person) Card before I apply for my Residency?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

murilopan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Just Arrived on EEA Family Permit - Does my wife need a QP (qualified Person) Card before I apply for my Residency?

Post by murilopan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:57 pm

Hi guys,

I hope you can help me with this,

My wife is here for about 3 1/2 months and I've just arrived (1 month ago) on a Family permit VIsa...

She's working since day 2 so she's got all the payslips, contract, letter from employer, etc...

I am going to apply for my residency card and hopefully get the BRP and all...

The question is:

Does she need to apply for a registration certificate as an EEA Qualified Person before me?

I read we could send both applications (My residency and her EEA QP) together in the same envelope... but is it really necessary?

Each cost 65 pounds, hence my question here!!! If it was cheap, I'd send them both, regardless...

wait for your reply,

thanks,

kamoe

Re: Just Arrived on EEA Family Permit - Does my wife need a QP (qualified Person) Card before I apply for my Residency?

Post by kamoe » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:24 pm

murilopan wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:57 pm
Does she need to apply for a registration certificate as an EEA Qualified Person before me?
No.
I read we could send both applications (My residency and her EEA QP) together in the same envelope... but is it really necessary?
That's what I did, for peace of mind. But no, it's not necessary.
It might be handy for your next application. Speeds up the process to prove her status, instead of having to gather all documents again, etc.
Each cost 65 pounds, hence my question here!!! If it was cheap, I'd send them both, regardless...
Compared to virtually any other UK immigration route, it IS cheap. Not saying is right to charge for it, but I paid with no regret. That being said, if money is an issue for you, you legally are not obliged and don't have to do it.

Now, given Brexit is around the corner, come the end of March, you could just apply for Pre-settled status instead. It will be free: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

murilopan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Re: Just Arrived on EEA Family Permit - Does my wife need a QP (qualified Person) Card before I apply for my Residency?

Post by murilopan » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:25 pm

Hi Kamoe,

Thank you very much for the info,

We've filled all the forms in (residency and QP), tomorrow we'll take the pictures, get her employer's signature, get the envelopes and send them!
That's what I did, for peace of mind. But no, it's not necessary.
Do you remember how long did it take for you to get the COA? Since there are two processes running together I reckon it might take a little longer, am I right?

Cheers,

Thanks again for all the info!

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:50 am

murilopan wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:25 pm
Do you remember how long did it take for you to get the COA?
About 3-4 weeks, but that was back in 2015. I think the process is much faster now (about a week?). You can check in the timelines thread.
Since there are two processes running together I reckon it might take a little longer, am I right?
No, that doesn't really affect it. Same waiting time for 1 or for 2 things.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

makalele
Newly Registered

Post by makalele » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:03 am

It depend on where the EU spouse came from. For instance Ireland are exempted from the Registration certificate. I have recently applied to bring my sister from Nigeria, I am Irish national and she was issued family permit from Nigeria to come to UK and when we applied for residence card for her and also use that to applied for Registration certificate with the from (QP) and what I notice is that they taken out money for my sister residence card and not taken for me. I can only assume that they didn't take the money because I am Irish national or because Theresa may recently said EU would no longer pay £65. So fingers cross till the result come

murilopan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by murilopan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:43 pm

Thank you guys for all the support,

The forms have been sent, now it's just wait and hope for the best!!!

I'll update you here as things happen,

Fingers crossed for us Makalele,

Cheers

murilopan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by murilopan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:45 pm

Hi Guys,

just to update you with where I'm at with the process:

Application posted on : 31/01/19
Received by UKVI/HO on :01/02/19
Payment taken on : 04/02/19
E-mail received on : 06/02/19
Bio letter received on : 08/02/19
Biometrics Enrolled on : 09/02/19
COA With Work : :?:
Resident Card Received on : :?:
Documents Returned on : :?:

cheers

murilopan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by murilopan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:25 pm

COA With Work : 16/02/19 :D :D :D
Resident Card Received on : :?:

murilopan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by murilopan » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:19 pm

COA With Work : 16/02/19
Resident Card Received on : 05/03/19 :D :D :D

zafran1
Iran

Post by zafran1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:02 pm

Congratulations.
1) Did you receive a letter for BRP saying that it would be delivered in 10 days or the BRP itself on 5 March.
2) For COA was it an email or a mailed letter. Date on COA?
3) The Biometrics letter - was it addressed to Non EU spouse - yourself or to your EU spouse
4) If you don't mind asking was the income demonstrated more than 30k.

Appreciate your help as we are a bit stuck and unsure how long we are going to be delayed.

Thx and congrats again.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:27 pm

zafran1 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:02 pm
4) If you don't mind asking was the income demonstrated more than 30k.
This is irrelevant for EEA applications.

kingmashosho
Newly Registered

Post by kingmashosho » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:43 am

Hello Murilopan and guys,

This is my first time as i just got registered today and really need your candid assistance from your experience above.

I am a Nigerian,married to a Romanian with a 7 year old son.I came into the Uk with my family with my EEA family permit visa after 3 months of its issuance and will expire in in a month or 2 and really need your assistance from your previous experience.
We came into the country in February and my wife just got a job last week 5th March.
I have a Romanian Residence Card which expires in March ending also and really need to apply for Residence Card to enable me continue to reside in the UK.
I would appreciate your response on how i can go about this issue on which form to fill and the documents i need to submit for it please.,as i do not have a fee of 800 pound demanded by a solicitor for assistance presently.
Please, do reply back for assistance as i am loosing it and dont want the visa to finally expire.
Thanks to you all for your response and help.

Regards

kingmashosho
Newly Registered

Post by kingmashosho » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:11 am

Hello,

I am still looking forward to a response.

Do i have to fill in and submit both forms( My Residency and Registration Certificate for my wife) @Murilopan and others with same experience., did you have to pay the 65 pounds for yourself and wife before you were given the residency?

Please, educate me mostly on how to fill the form and what essential documents i need to present., if it is online or by post?

Thank you so much.

Regards once again.

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Post by Irfan1648 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:07 am

She does not have to apply
Or you can Wait for few more weeks and it will be free after 30 March for both of you

kingmashosho
Newly Registered

Post by kingmashosho » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:10 pm

Hello,
Thank you so much for your resoonse.
I have tried to apply for the Scheme but there was a part of the form that requested for Residence Card number.