ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lounes settled status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Zambrano or Lounes

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:17 pm

eid123 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:12 pm
Hi All and experts in this forum.

I have two Questions and if you could give me some clarification.
A-What is the difference between Zambrano and Lounes case ?

B- I am dual citizen EU/UK. My parents joined me in UK 2014 and they received residence for 5 years under EU regulation which expired last year December 2019. In November 2019 have contacted the EU resolution and they have send us paper application. The paper application doesn't state name of the application. We have submitted the application which was straight forward .After two days did biometrics finger print. Up to date which is almost 6 months no response. Is this normal such waiting. I do understand due the covod19 lockdown and minimal staff. What do you suggest or comment?

Thanks
1. Zambrano is the primary carer of a British citizen or someone who has the right to live in the UK. It is usually parents of British or EU children who apply : https://www.gov.uk/derivative-right-residence
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eid123
Newly Registered

Zambrano or Lounes

Post by eid123 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:29 pm

Hi All and experts in this forum.

I have two Questions and if you could give me some clarification.

B- I am dual citizen EU/UK. My parents joined me in UK 2014 and they received residence for 5 years under EU regulation which expired last year December 2019. In November 2019 have contacted the EU resolution and they have send us paper application. The paper application doesn't state name of the application. We have submitted the application which was straight forward .After two days did biometrics finger print. Up to date which is almost 6 months no response. Is this normal such waiting.
I do understand due the covod19 lockdown and minimal staff.

What do you suggest or comment?

Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Zambrano or Lounes

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:40 pm

Hello

These 2 routes are totally different:

Zambrano: is usually deployed when someone is the principal (or the only) carer of a British child (or foreign child with ILR). The other parent (usually the British parent) is demonstrably not in position to care about the child. So the non-British carer can use Zambrano.

Lounes: it's a more recent case. It means that if an EEA citizen comes to the UK, exercises Treaty Rights, gets a PR then applies for British Citizenship, that citizen doesn't lose the ability to sponsor dependent family members under EEA routes.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:44 pm

eid123 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:29 pm
Zambrano applies to the non-EEA parents of an EEA chitizen child (i.e. somebody under the age of 18) and allows them to reside in the UK with their EEA citizen child until the child's 18th birthday. Assuming that you are past the age of 18, Zambrano will not apply to your parents.

Lounes allows a dual UK/EEA citizen who acquired his British citizenship by naturalisation after having acquired PR under the EEA Regulations to continue to be treated as a purely EEA citizen for the purposes of sponsoring relatives under the EEA Regulations.

So, did you acquire PR in the UK and were you naturalised in the UK?

EDIT: Overtaken by @Zerubbabel.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

eid123
Newly Registered

Post by eid123 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:49 pm

Thanks for both prompt reply.

When they arrived 2014 , I was their son EU citizen with PR. I became BC last year when they were 4 years.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:09 pm

The paper application doesn't state name of the application.
I have had a couple of Lounes applications in hand and both of them were printed with the name of the applicant on the top of each page. They come like that from the Home Office. I have never seen them blank.

eid123
Newly Registered

Post by eid123 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:44 pm

Hallo all,

This forum is very helpful learned lots of it. We have paper application (lounes) last year December and is now over 6 month. I have called the EU resolution today and they gave me same reply as before which is that your application is under consideration and if they need anything they will get in touch with me.

My Questions,

1- What does it mean under consideration?

2- Do you think that i should send email to the HO? they told me that I will get same reply.

3- What about contacting my MP? Will it help.

Your reply and advice is appreciated.

eid123
Newly Registered

Lounes settled status

Post by eid123 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:39 pm

Hi All,

I just want to share the good news that my parents received settled status. I made 3 calls beforehand.

It took almost 6 months. They received a card written indefinite leave to remain/settled status.

I am an eu citizen (Son) and my parents got Asian pass. I used to take them to Holland under without applying Visa with their residence card. The residence card expired.

Now they got this indefinite carD.

My question. Can they travel to schengen or do they need to apply visa.

I am getting different answers some you can ?

Can you please share your advice and experience.

Thanks alot

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Lounes settled status

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:49 am

Can they travel to schengen or do they need to apply visa.
They need a Schengen visa. Their settled status cards do not state the important line of "family member of EU". Settled status is granted under UK immigration rule Appendix EU, not the EEA regulations.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Lounes settled status

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:44 am

eid123 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:39 pm
Hi All,

I just want to share the good news that my parents received settled status. I made 3 calls beforehand.

It took almost 6 months. They received a card written indefinite leave to remain/settled status.

I am an eu citizen (Son) and my parents got Asian pass. I used to take them to Holland under without applying Visa with their residence card. The residence card expired.

Now they got this indefinite carD.

My question. Can they travel to schengen or do they need to apply visa.

I am getting different answers some you can ?

Can you please share your advice and experience.

Thanks alot
The name is confusing: the EU Settlement Scheme is not under EEA regulations! I find it really ill-named. So that card doesn't open a free movement right within EEA countries. A visa is therefore necessary.