ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married With Norwegian Citizen..(Advice Please)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

USI99
Newly Registered

Married With Norwegian Citizen..(Advice Please)

Post by USI99 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:37 pm

Hi everyone,
Please guide me to correct route.

I married with Norwegian National 2011 in Norway and i hold that time Pakistani passport and Italian PR I applied for PR in Norway through Oslo but its took while to process and i found job in UK and me my spouse decided to move from Norway to UK and i traveled with her on EEA spouse visa in march 2016 and after 5 month i applied her for EEA PR in UK on base of spouse which i received in after few month currently i am employed and my wife she is self employed and we have three children's my first child is 6 year old this month. My query how i apply for Norwegian Nationality in UK through Norway Embassy.
I try to call embassy but they not give clear route so its really helpful if you guys give your expert advice.

In Uk my 5 year will be in 2019.

Kind regards
USI

Casa

Re: Married With Norwegian Citizen..(Advice Please)

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:54 am

USI99 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:37 pm
Hi everyone,
Please guide me to correct route.

I married with Norwegian National 2011 in Norway and i hold that time Pakistani passport and Italian PR I applied for PR in Norway through Oslo but its took while to process and i found job in UK and me my spouse decided to move from Norway to UK and i traveled with her on EEA spouse visa in march 2016 and after 5 month i applied her for EEA PR in UK on base of spouse which i received in after few month currently i am employed and my wife she is self employed and we have three children's my first child is 6 year old this month. My query how i apply for Norwegian Nationality in UK through Norway Embassy.
I try to call embassy but they not give clear route so its really helpful if you guys give your expert advice.

In Uk my 5 year will be in 2019.

Kind regards
USI
How will you have completed 5 years in the UK in 2019 if you entered in March 2016?

What do you mean by "and after 5 month i applied her for EEA PR in UK on base of spouse" I assume you mean you were issued with an EEA 5 year Residence card?

If you are resident in the UK, you don't appear to qualify for Norwegian citizenship.

"To apply for Norwegian citizenship, you must have a valid residence permit in Norway. You must also meet several other requirements, including the following: You must have documented or clarified your identity. You must be resident in Norway and intend to continue to live here."
AND
"If you have lived in Norway for four years with residence permits that were valid for at least one year each, and you have been married to and lived with a Norwegian citizen for three of these years, your residence period and marriage period will total seven years. You will then fulfil the residence requirement"
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.