ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving from Skilled Worker Visa to EU Pre Settled status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thegig94
Newly Registered
Italy

Moving from Skilled Worker Visa to EU Pre Settled status

Post by thegig94 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:51 pm

Hello everyone,

This is my situation. Done my research before posting and couldn’t find anything fitting with the context.

I am from Italy (EU citizen) and came to the UK on July 2021, sponsored by my current employer for a Skilled Worker Visa. After some research, I found out I could possibly apply, even though the deadline is past, for an EU Pre-Settled Status as I travelled to London in 2018. When the Immigration department of my company contacted me for the procedures of my visa, they never told me about this possibility. So, I have some questions for you people:

-Some immigration advisor website pages say that if I have been in the UK in the past (like 2018), I could apply for an EU-SS. Is that true?
-If I apply, will there be any issue with my current visa?
-If my application is successful, what will be with my current visa?
-if my application is UNsuccessful, what will be with my current visa?

Thank you very much everyone!

kamoe

Re: Moving from Skilled Worker Visa to EU Pre Settled status

Post by kamoe » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:58 pm

thegig94 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:51 pm
Some immigration advisor website pages say that if I have been in the UK in the past (like 2018), I could apply for an EU-SS. Is that true?
No.

While it is true that, at the time, the only condition for EU nationals to get Settled Status was to have set foot un the UK before 31st December 2020, that is only true if the person applied within a month of their trip. Why? Because to be granted pre-settled status, you need to prove a period of continuous residence in the UK that started prior to December 31st 2020 up until your application date. A boarding pass or passport stamp is accepted as proof of one month's worth of residence. So if you set foot in the UK and applied within that first month, your mere boarding pass would be proof that you had a continuous residence period in the UK. But if you apply much later than a month, say, two, three, or more months after your date of entry into the UK, then you need to start collecting evidence that covers those additional months. Else, you won't prove that you have a continuous residence period that started before December 31st 2020 and the date of your application.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe

Re: Moving from Skilled Worker Visa to EU Pre Settled status

Post by kamoe » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:52 am

kamoe wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:58 pm
While it is true that, at the time, the only condition for EU nationals to get Settled Status was to have set foot un the UK before 31st December 2020
ERRATA: In the sentence above, I meant Pre-Settled Status, not Settled Status.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.