ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New BRP with settled status?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hayley01
South Africa

New BRP with settled status?

Post by Hayley01 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:56 pm

I got presettled status in July 2019 and received a BRP then which says pre-settled status. Now last week I received my settled status confirmation letter but I'm wondering if I'll get a new card or if I keep the presettled status one until it expires in 2024?

kamoe

Re: New BRP with settled status?

Post by kamoe » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:05 pm

Hayley01 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:56 pm
I got presettled status in July 2019 and received a BRP then which says pre-settled status. Now last week I received my settled status confirmation letter but I'm wondering if I'll get a new card or if I keep the presettled status one until it expires in 2024?
Unless you specifically apply to update your card from pre-settled to settled, then no, you will not get a new card.

Your pre-settled status card will be valid until expiration date, so technically speaking you do not have to replace your card... you absolutely want to have a physical card that spells out that your status is permanent.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Hayley01
South Africa

Post by Hayley01 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:03 am

kamoe wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:05 pm
Hayley01 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:56 pm
Unless you specifically apply to update your card from pre-settled to settled, then no, you will not get a new card.

Your pre-settled status card will be valid until expiration date, so technically speaking you do not have to replace your card... you absolutely want to have a physical card that spells out that your status is permanent.
Thanks Kamoe,

I can't seem to find an option where you can request to update the current card, other than in the instance that it's lost. Would you know how I can go about this? I'm trying to call the resolution centre without much luck at present.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:37 pm

Hayley01 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:03 am
I can't seem to find an option where you can request to update the current card, other than in the instance that it's lost.
Here: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-service

Second foldable link says:

"Update or replace your Biometric Residence Card (BRC)"
Update, replace or transfer your biometric residence card (BRC)
You can use this form to get a biometric residence card (BRC) if you are in the UK, you have been granted leave under the EU Settlement Scheme and if:

your BRC is lost, stolen or damaged
you have changed your name, nationality, facial appearance, date of birth, or gender
you want to upgrade your BRC issued under the EEA regulations to a BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme
you want to change from a pre-settled status BRC to a settled status BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme (you can only do this if you have been granted settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme)
Go to the bottom of the page, and there's the button to apply.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.