ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EEA national family member of Dual EEA and British

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cupcake567

Non EEA national family member of Dual EEA and British

Post by Cupcake567 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:46 am

Good morning Moderators,

Could you please advise-
Im planning to apply for BC as an EEA citizen living in Uk for over 6 years. My non-EEA husband joined me in UK last year and currently he holds Residence Card.
With the law changed in July 2018, stating that spouse of dual EEA and British citizen can benefit of their EEA rights I am encouraged to apply for BC, so my husband be here in my EEa rights. Am I correct thinking that way? I will post my application for BC before brexit but If all goes well naturalisation will be after Brexit. Do you think I am safe to put my application through?

Please advise :)

Malik_01

Re: Non EEA national family member of Dual EEA and British

Post by Malik_01 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:43 pm

Yes, you should be fine. I am also a spouse of dual national. Home Office did not say anything due to the recent Toufik Lounes case.

Hope everyting goes well with you and your husband.

Good luck

A