ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NON EEA NATIONAL- WITH RESIDENCE CARD-HOW TO APPLY FOR SETTLE STATUS

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sabourks123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

NON EEA NATIONAL- WITH RESIDENCE CARD-HOW TO APPLY FOR SETTLE STATUS

Post by sabourks123 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:32 am

Hi
My wife has 5 year residence card issued ( a sticker in her passport-non bio metric) in Aug 2014. , She is completing 5 years of continuous residence in UK in Aug 2019. I have EU settled status under new scheme which I applied last week and got confirmation email of that.I also have the permanent residence card(Blue one)
Question -
1- How I would apply for her settled status under new scheme?
2-Do I need to apply first by sending the EEA(PR) form for permanent residence card and then apply under new scheme for settle status.
Best Regards
Sab

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: NON EEA NATIONAL- WITH RESIDENCE CARD-HOW TO APPLY FOR SETTLE STATUS

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:20 am

You don't have to send EEA4 / EEA3 PR

YOU CAN APPLY EEA SETTLEMENT

here is the link

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... led-status
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

kamoe

Re: NON EEA NATIONAL- WITH RESIDENCE CARD-HOW TO APPLY FOR SETTLE STATUS

Post by kamoe » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:02 pm

sabourks123 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:32 am
1- How I would apply for her settled status under new scheme?
She can apply for Settled Status, but since she doesn't have a biometric card, she cannot use the Android app. She would need to select the option "Online+post", which I believe requires her to send her passport. In any case, the application form will inform her of what to do and what to send.
2-Do I need to apply first by sending the EEA(PR) form for permanent residence card and then apply under new scheme for settle status.
You do not need to apply for the EEA route (PR or RC) in order for her to get her Settled Status, although you could apply for both if you wish.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.