ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status - Criteria and outcomes

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kamoe

Non-EU applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status - Criteria and outcomes

Post by kamoe » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:52 am

I'd like to build a picture of how Settled and Pre-Settled status criteria is applied to non-EU family members of EU citizens. There has been a lot of speculation in different topics, regarding maximum waiting time, and what exactly counts towards the 5 years to be granted Settled Status.

Could any non-EU people having gone through the Settled Status application please share their outcome and circumstances as below?

For example, mine are:

Years in UK: 9.5
Years on EEA RC/FP: 3
Applied: 21.01.2019
Status offered: Settled
Outcome: Still waiting
Date of outcome: Still waiting
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

arya_uk

Re: Non-EU applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status - Criteria and outcomes

Post by arya_uk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:16 am

Thank you Kamoe, I think this would give a good picture of the overall scenario carrying from the previous discussion between you and David.

EU and Non-EU pre-settled status and timeline

EU National - 3 years 2 months
Non-EU (Spouse and child) - 3 years 2 mths
Applied - 6th Feb 2019 @ 6.30 PM
EU Pre - settled status confirmed on 7th Feb @10.00 AM
Non-EU Pre-settled confirmed - 7th Feb @ 2.30 PM
Non-EU child confirmed 8th Feb @ 10.00 AM
while applying we were confirmed for pre-settled status, granted as per the residence.

kamoe

Re: Non-EU applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status - Criteria and outcomes

Post by kamoe » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:41 pm

kamoe wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:52 am
Because I see this is causing confusion, the above means that I was informed my application would be considered for Settled status. This does not mean I was granted Settled status. My application is still in process.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Rob19
Newly Registered

Post by Rob19 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:27 am

kamoe wrote:
I'd like to build a picture of how Settled and Pre-Settled status criteria is applied to non-EU family members of EU citizens. There has been a lot of speculation in different topics, regarding maximum waiting time, and what exactly counts towards the 5 years to be granted Settled Status.

Could any non-EU people having gone through the Settled Status application please share their outcome and circumstances as below?

For example, mine are:

Same happened to me! Let's hope for the best! How Long have you been married/living together for?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:20 pm

Rob19 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:27 am
Same happened to me! Let's hope for the best! How Long have you been married/living together for?
Living together for 3.5 years.

Rob19
Newly Registered

Post by Rob19 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:56 pm

kamoe wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:20 pm
Rob19 wrote:
I've seen someone's case (the guy has received his UKRC only last year and been approved for settled status already!) I believe Home office counts it from day of marriage or durable relationship started day.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:01 am

Rob19 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:56 pm
kamoe wrote:
Rob19 wrote:
I've seen someone's case (the guy has received his UKRC only last year and been approved for settled status already!) I believe Home office counts it from day of marriage or durable relationship started day.
CR001 said it was an error, which I also believe.
eea-route-applications/settled-status-t ... l#p1741954

Actually I made a mistake above. I was thinking of my other post about start of family membership. We have lived together for 5.5 years not 3.5!

Rob19
Newly Registered

Post by Rob19 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:48 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:01 am
Rob19 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:56 pm
kamoe wrote:
Rob19 wrote:
CR001 said it was an error, which I also believe.
eea-route-applications/settled-status-t ... l#p1741954

Actually I made a mistake above. I was thinking of my other post about start of family membership. We have lived together for 5.5 years not 3.5!
Did you call to resolution center about your application?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:00 pm

Rob19 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:48 pm
Why would I do that? I don't have any particular reason to contact them, for now.

Rob19
Newly Registered

Post by Rob19 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:13 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:00 pm
Rob19 wrote:
Why would I do that? I don't have any particular reason to contact them, for now.
I called them as I had to sent my BRP! Cause app could not read the chip. They have send it back after checking but in online application it was still saying I need to send the BRP then I contacted them regarding this. However, I've got some information about my application when I called them! Lady said case worker has seen all the documents and my eligibility beside they have escalated my case and I should hear back within days or week.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:24 pm

Rob19 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:13 pm
kamoe wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:00 pm
Rob19 wrote:
I called them as I had to sent my BRP! Cause app could not read the chip. They have send it back after checking but in online application it was still saying I need to send the BRP then I contacted them regarding this. However, I've got some information about my application when I called them! Lady said case worker has seen all the documents and my eligibility beside they have escalated my case and I should hear back within days or week.
That bit is still confusing to me. The app did read my BRC without problems, but, as was the case of many people, the website later told me I needed to submit proof of my relationship with my sponsor, which I don't have. We are unmarried partners, so the RBC is itself the proof, and the app already already read it, so I just uploaded again copies of my current and past BRCs just to make the statement of how confusing it was. If they need something else I understand they'll let me know. Not sure what else I was supposed to supply and prefer not to overload them with documents.

Rob19
Newly Registered

Post by Rob19 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:33 pm

Kamoe

My one could be because of the device. But after sending them the BRP they have sent it back very fast. I think your case not about additional evidence It's all about systematic decision which is settled status and realistic is we aren't yet qualified for settled status.

As I have mentioned above that they have escalated my case after assessing the eligibility and seeing all the related documents, it could be case worker confused what status they should give us! Based on this they may escalated your case as well to assess these kind of case which causing delay.

lunallena
Mood:

Post by lunallena » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:47 pm

This is my timeline

Years in UK: 8.5
Years on EEA RC/FP: 1.7 (previously on Tier 4 and Tier 2)
Status offered: Pre-settled
Outcome: Pre-settled status granted
Date of outcome: 04.02.2019

nyabs
Newly Registered

Post by nyabs » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:25 pm

Same here. I applied as I already have a parmanent residence card as a non eu family member. I used the app for both of us and was granted settlement within 12hrs. The card is on the way

Amirkhan042
Mood:
Australia

Post by Amirkhan042 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:37 pm

kamoe wrote:

For example, mine are:

Me (non EU husband) and my wife (eu Wife) just applied last night 18.02.19
she is here 4.6 years and i have selected pre settle status for which she got it next morning pre settled status with COA straight away via Email.
i have selected settled status as i am here since 2011 though we meet when she came for me to uk and we were in distance relation for more the 5 years anyway we got married in october 2015 and i have got my RC in dec 2015..i have got COA straight away via email....
NOWWWWW i am waiting for the decision.... i have no idea how long it gonna take and what status they will offer me pre or settle have no idea... ideally pre settled as i think about RC issue date in 2015...
anyone with same situation or any news having same situation please? thank for reading

123Shak
Newly Registered

Post by 123Shak » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:43 pm

Hi Guys,
Am non EUU family member with Right to retain. I have applied on 23rd January no reply yet.Called them many times but same reply check the email and we will contact you.

Shak.

Amirkhan042
Mood:
Australia

Post by Amirkhan042 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:36 pm

kamoe wrote:

For example, mine are:

Hi,
Any news regarding your case? having exactly same situation .......

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:39 pm

Amirkhan042 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:36 pm
kamoe wrote:

For example, mine are:

Hi,
Any news regarding your case? having exactly same situation .......
Over 5 weeks and still waiting.

inesbankole

Post by inesbankole » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:18 am

Hi all,
Quick advice please guys.
I am non eu citizen married to a eu citizen but no living together anymore.
I have my 5 year residence card and still valid until 2021.
I am planning to travel outside the Uk in may for 2 months.
I want to apply for the pre settled status, i started the application but missing the payslip of the last 6 months of my Wife
I begged her but she is not willing to give it to me.
I do have some of her payslips but it is not recent at all 1 year ago payslips.
I do not know what to do.
I don't want to find myslef in trouble at the border when i return from my trip.
Please helpppp.
Thanks in advance

Amirkhan042
Mood:
Australia

Post by Amirkhan042 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:28 am

You can travel with your RC ... when you come back you can sort out the rest...As long as you are married you can use RC for making entertaining to uk till dec2021

You just need to find out if it’s okay to retun to uk while having such issue with your partner?
In case they stop you at airport..

Amirkhan042
Mood:
Australia

Post by Amirkhan042 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:29 am

inesbankole wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:18 am
Hi all,
I want to apply for the pre settled status, i started the application but missing the payslip of the last 6 months of my Wife
I don't want to find myslef in trouble at the border when i return from my trip.
Please helpppp.
Thanks in advance
You can travel with your RC ... when you come back you can sort out the rest...As long as you are married you can use RC for making entery to uk till dec2021

You just need to find out if it’s okay to retun to uk while having such issue with your partner?
In case they stop you at airport..

inesbankole

Post by inesbankole » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:20 pm

Thanks for the reply
i asked a lawyer he said the same thing that it will be fine however i need to be careful and it will depend on what i say at the airport. that makes me worry now.

marcia1234
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by marcia1234 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:53 pm

lunallena wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:47 pm
This is my timeline

Years in UK: 8.5
Years on EEA RC/FP: 1.7 (previously on Tier 4 and Tier 2)
Status offered: Pre-settled
Outcome: Pre-settled status granted
Date of outcome: 04.02.2019
Hi,when you offered pre settle status during the aplication process did they ask you to provide eu nationals proof of residence and his ID?
Thanks

marcia1234
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by marcia1234 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:01 am

Rob19 wrote:
kamoe wrote:

For example, mine are:

Did you have to provide your EU husband/Wife's 5 years proof of residence or just yours was enough?
Thanks

marcia1234
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by marcia1234 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:09 am

inesbankole wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:18 am
Hi all,
Please helpppp.
Thanks in advance
Hi, So when you apply for a presettle status as a non eu spousse of a eu citizen you need to provide your spouse's 6 months payslip? I read caseworkers guide it does not mention about that, could you please share how do you know that ?
Thanks