ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU Can travel with pre settlement status letter

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Leo_one
France

Non-EU Can travel with pre settlement status letter

Post by Leo_one » Fri May 17, 2019 9:03 pm

My application to the EU settlement scheme has been successful and granted indefinite leave. My question regarding my stepson who hold the Pakistani passport and came in 2017 from Pakistan. He got the family permit for 6 months validity from Pakistan obviously now have been expired and didn’t apply for 5 years permit because I have been told it is not necessary unless you are traveling abroad. Now I have applied for him in EU settlement scheme and after submitting of application I have directed to prove the relationship and make appointment with UKVCAS for biometric because of non EU passport. Will he get the same status though his period of stay in this country only 2 years and if his application successful then can he travel out side the UK and on back to UK he will not have any problem for entry.
If any one have confirm knowledge please let me know your help will be really appreciated. Thanks

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Non-EU Can travel with pre settlement status letter

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:03 pm

pre settlement
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat May 18, 2019 7:47 am

Leo_one wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:03 pm
My application to the EU settlement scheme has been successful and granted indefinite leave. My question regarding my stepson who hold the Pakistani passport and came in 2017 from Pakistan. He got the family permit for 6 months validity from Pakistan obviously now have been expired and didn’t apply for 5 years permit because I have been told it is not necessary unless you are traveling abroad. Now I have applied for him in EU settlement scheme and after submitting of application I have directed to prove the relationship and make appointment with UKVCAS for biometric because of non EU passport. Will he get the same status though his period of stay in this country only 2 years and if his application successful then can he travel out side the UK and on back to UK he will not have any problem for entry.
If any one have confirm knowledge please let me know your help will be really appreciated. Thanks
There have been reports about issues when travelling with pre-settled status. A woman is stuck in Turkey because pre-settled status does not come with physical proof - like a BRP card - of said status, it's all digital. Apparently, airlines do not currently have any way to check this, so she's been denied boarding.

This could just be one of those hiccups that usually happen when a new system is implemented, but who knows. A residence card seems the better option when travelling, at least for now.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:33 pm

ALKB wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:47 am
Leo_one wrote:
There have been reports about issues when travelling with pre-settled status. A woman is stuck in Turkey because pre-settled status does not come with physical proof - like a BRP card - of said status, it's all digital. Apparently, airlines do not currently have any way to check this, so she's been denied boarding.

This could just be one of those hiccups that usually happen when a new system is implemented, but who knows. A residence card seems the better option when travelling, at least for now.
Pre-settled status comes with residence card for non-eu nationals, HM advised to not travel without it but friend of her had wedding in Istanbul and she travelled(took risk)...

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Sun May 19, 2019 4:39 pm

Thanks for further information but I sent the email to EU settlement status department and got replied your stepson will get the same status as you got if his application successful. I'm worried because they didn't mention will they send any card or not.

Usr2019
Newly Registered

Post by Usr2019 » Sun May 19, 2019 7:38 pm

Hello,

Person with settled/pre-settled status can prove their rights using the online link in the e-mail sent via HO e-mail during status confirmation.

So, If you successfully apply, the Home Office will email you a link to an online service that you can use to view and prove your status.

You will not get a physical document unless both of the following apply:
- you’re from outside the EU, EEA or Switzerland
- you do not already have a biometric residence card

This implies people who do not have a residence card and are enrolled in settlement scheme should receive a card.

Please correct if anything is wrong.

Thanks.

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Sun May 19, 2019 8:42 pm

Usr2019 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:38 pm
Hello,

Person with settled/pre-settled status can prove their rights using the online link in the e-mail sent via HO e-mail during status confirmation.

So, If you successfully apply, the Home Office will email you a link to an online service that you can use to view and prove your status.

You will not get a physical document unless both of the following apply:
- you’re from outside the EU, EEA or Switzerland
- you do not already have a biometric residence card

This implies people who do not have a residence card and are enrolled in settlement scheme should receive a card.

Please correct if anything is wrong.

Thanks.
Thanks for brief.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue May 21, 2019 9:49 pm

Leo_one wrote:
Will he get the same status though his period of stay in this country only 2 years
We will NOT get the same status as you. He needs to have spent at least 5 years in the UK as the family member of an EU national to be eligible for Settled Status. In this case, he will get Pre-Settled Status. Whoever told you that he would get Settled Status probably assumed he came to the UK at the same time as you did, not much later as it is the case.
and if his application successful then can he travel out side the UK and on back to UK he will not have any problem for entry.
He should be issued a biometric card with his Pre-Settled status, which should allow him to travel. Not sure if this card is automatically issued or if there is an additional step in the process. With all the pilot testing they have done, I would imagine it should be clear what to do.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Wed May 22, 2019 12:02 am

Thank you very much. actually i have seen on EU settlement application gov.uk site if non EU family member have not bio-metric card will issue the bio-metric card for the 5 years.

Leandro Seabra
Newly Registered

Post by Leandro Seabra » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:48 am

Hi, that is not true, I was informed by the eu settlement scheme that any minor till the age of 21 gets the same right as their sponsor, meaning if the eu national has settled status then settled status is given to the dependants 21 or under, it is spouses and or any one else over the age of 22+ that get pre settled status.

The child will and should get settled status, and in some circumstances, it can apply for citizenship after being granted settled status, However this is complicated, apart from that, yes it gets settled status.