ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU depends

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Radelbs
Newly Registered

Non EU depends

Post by Radelbs » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:23 pm

Hi guys.
If any of you can help me please give some advice.
I am a non eu citizen, from 2 years I'm married with an eu citizen.
Leaving in uk with my wife from 7 months. I just had a 5 year residence card for eu family member.
From my previous relationship I have a 5 year old daughter. (non eu).
My ex partner is in a serious illness and we both agreed me to have the right of my daughter.
My question is that.
Is possible my daughter join me here in the UK?
What do I need to make that possible?
Thank you very much all kind of help will be very appreciated...

Obie
Ireland

Re: Non EU depends

Post by Obie » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:34 pm

Why is your child not an EU citizen?

Your child could qualify as well on the baais of your new relationship.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Radelbs
Newly Registered

Post by Radelbs » Fri May 01, 2020 6:42 am

She is e non eu, because I and my ex partner we are both non eu.
When I got married now with my wife which is an eu citizen.
My child was living with her mother (my ex partner)

MYRA4U
Newly Registered

Post by MYRA4U » Fri May 01, 2020 3:52 pm

Radelbs wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:23 pm
Hi guys.
If any of you can help me please give some advice.
I am a non eu citizen, from 2 years I'm married with an eu citizen.
Leaving in uk with my wife from 7 months. I just had a 5 year residence card for eu family member.
From my previous relationship I have a 5 year old daughter. (non eu).
My ex partner is in a serious illness and we both agreed me to have the right of my daughter.
My question is that.
Is possible my daughter join me here in the UK?
What do I need to make that possible?
Thank you very much all kind of help will be very appreciated...

Yes very much possible, a friend of mine was in the similar situation.
HERE IS HIS STORY TO HELP OTHERS.

His Daughter was born in Hungary in 2016 by his ex Girl Friend who was Non Eu, infact both the Guy, the Mother and Child are all NON EU citizens.
They all lived together until they broke up in 2017, and few weeks later he met his EU Partner, and started a cohabitation, (Official living together).
Because the ex Gf was a student in Hungary living alone, so she couldn't take care of the baby properly, she asked the guy to take the baby with him to England as he was planning to moved to England with his new Eu partner.

IN July 2018 this guy applied for visitors visa for him and the baby to visit Uk, luckily the 6months visitors visa was proved for him and the baby.
Few weeks later he came to UK with the baby and the New Eu partner, because the EU partner wanted to live in England, so they found an apartment started living together. While she was searching for a job in England he decided to try his options in getting a legal stay in Uk.

So he started asking people for advice, he meet so many people including Lawyers, all where giving negatives and discouraging advice.
First, they told him that he can not apply for residence card with a visitors visa.
secondly, they said he need to go to court to get Parental order, child arrangements order, residence order all bla bla bla. Thank God he decided to give it try..

So he went ahead and apply for registration certificate for his Eu partner, his own residence card, and that of the baby as a family member, he did it without paying anyone, big THANKS to this forum.

He submitted all documents together in paper form.
Most documents he submitted are from Hungary as prove of address, just 2 documents to prove uk address are on his wife name, all other prove of address documents are from Hungary but on both names and in english.
- Birth Certificate of the baby, Loads or photos, chats, Health insurance for all, flight, hotel and other bookings together. A cover letter from the ex GF giving permission for the baby to stay with him, and also another cover letter from the EU WIFE, accepting the responsibility to live with the baby.
In addition to other necessary documents to prove her treaty rights and to show their relationship was genuine.

After 11weeks and 4days all applications were approved and residence card and registration certificate sent to them.

I am not a lawyer, so am not giving you a legal advice, but i think!!!
The age of your daughter is important and also If you have lived with the baby before you moved to Uk..
Because in my friends case, he lived with the baby in Hungary before he moved to Uk, so he didn't have to show prove of dependency, financial supports and all..
The only documents about the baby was her original birth certificate and health insurance, and cover letters, every other documents was about him and the partner.

In conclusion, if you have permission to stay in Uk as a family member, and your ex Non Eu wife and your current Eu Wife are willing to give you official permission in written to bring the baby to uk and most importantly her birth certificate has your name i think you should start the application

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri May 01, 2020 9:05 pm

Radelbs wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 6:42 am
She is e non eu, because I and my ex partner we are both non eu.
When I got married now with my wife which is an eu citizen.
My child was living with her mother (my ex partner)
Yes it is possible that your child could join you with the mother's consent. There is a pathway in law, if that is the question.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors