ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non eu national with Permanent Residence card (valid untill 2029 ) applying Settled Status ,

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Unluckyeea2

Non eu national with Permanent Residence card (valid untill 2029 ) applying Settled Status ,

Post by Unluckyeea2 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:09 pm

Hi everyone ,
Here is my brief immigration history :
( 1) 2013 : I was only EU national and my non EU wife and child joined me with EEA family member permit
and they got EEA residence permit sticker on non EU Passport valid for five years .

(2) 2014 : I received DCPR (bLUE card)
(3) 2016 : I became naturalised British Citizen
(4) 2019 : Wife and child received Permanet Residence Card (Biometric card valid until 2029 ) through
Lounes Case .
I am EU/UK national so I can not apply settled status only my family members are going to apply . please advise me if anyone has appllied settled status with similar circumstances . I read in forum that Lounes case applicants go through paper application but not sure this applies to Permanent Rsidence Card obtained through LOUNES case . Do my wife and child still need sponser for settled status even they already have Permanent Residence Card ? Thank you .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Non eu national with Permanent Residence card (valid untill 2029 ) applying Settled Status ,

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:11 pm

As they hold PR already, why don't they simply apply for British citizenship??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Unluckyeea2

Re: Non eu national with Permanent Residence card (valid untill 2029 ) applying Settled Status ,

Post by Unluckyeea2 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:20 pm

Thank you for your reply CR001 , if she becomes Bc she has to give up current nationality because of her home country nationality law and want keep that nationality but we may apply for childs Bc . Thanks .