ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU Spouse - Presettled Status - Entry Requirement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Courtneym
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Non EU Spouse - Presettled Status - Entry Requirement

Post by Courtneym » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:39 pm

Hi there,

I am just looking to confirm something.

I am a New Zealand Citizen about to marry a Polish Citizen who has settled status in the UK. I am currently staying with him in the UK as a tourist.

We will be getting married next week and after I intend on returning to the UK with him and apply for Pre Settled Status. We don’t have the time or money for me to be able to stay out of the UK to apply for the 6 month family permit.

I am from a non visa required country and was informed that I could just enter the country that way. Am I then able to apply for pre settled status from a tourist visa? I have also read that I can ask for a Code A1 Stamp when entering as well.

Which would be the better route for me?

I appreciate all help and information given!

it91

Re: Non EU Spouse - Presettled Status - Entry Requirement

Post by it91 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:48 pm

As far as I remember from the time I applied, you need to have a valid residence or family permit to be able to apply for pre settler status. For example I had student visa, someone else had tier 2, but never heard applying as a tourist.
24.01.15-31.12.19:Tier 4 visa
02.08.19: Applied to Lounes PSS
08.08.219: Passports back with biometrics letter
12.08.19: Biometrics submitted
15.08.19: CoA issued (received on 19th)
30.08.19: PSS Granted
09.09.19: BRC arrived
31.11.19:BRC replacement

Magus1984
Mood:
Argentina

Post by Magus1984 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:19 am

Courtneym wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:39 pm
Hi there,

I am just looking to confirm something.

I am a New Zealand Citizen about to marry a Polish Citizen who has settled status in the UK. I am currently staying with him in the UK as a tourist.

We will be getting married next week and after I intend on returning to the UK with him and apply for Pre Settled Status. We don’t have the time or money for me to be able to stay out of the UK to apply for the 6 month family permit.

I am from a non visa required country and was informed that I could just enter the country that way. Am I then able to apply for pre settled status from a tourist visa? I have also read that I can ask for a Code A1 Stamp when entering as well.

Which would be the better route for me?

I appreciate all help and information given!
Where are you getting married? I strongly suspect that to get married in the UK you need a visa other than tourist.

Courtneym
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Courtneym » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:47 am

Thank you for your input.

So I could ask for a code 1a stamp and then apply for the residents permit and then on to presettled status?

I do need a visa to get married in the UK. We have chosen to get married in Denmark where it is a bit more simple.