ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

paper application for EU settled status SS Route

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

robsters
Member of Standing

paper application for EU settled status SS Route

Post by robsters » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:59 pm

Hello

Been a while since i been on these forums, recently i rang to get the paper application for the eu settled status as my wife eu uk residence card expires in dec this year. just got the 60 page paper application form....feel like i probably left it a bit last minute.... :/ (5 months left) i was under some impression she had to apply another way in December ....anyway this form looks very complex...is there anyone who can help or any online guides?

we originally lived in Dublin due to struggling to get her into UK after we married. i am half irish so moving there was bit easier as i knew the place well.... in 2015 but moved back to the uk when she got pregnant to my folks and applied to stay with the 5 year residence card under the SS route i was told.

on the form it asks
if your applying as an EEA or Swiss citizen or if your NOT eea citizen....assuming that refers to my wife who is Indonesia and would come under NOT EEA citizen....myself being a British passport holder

also supporting documents will I need to have all the documentation from the time of Ireland all over again? for this paper form? also is there risks of being rejected on this eu settled status from using the SS route back then?

she has a son who british in the uk now who 4 yrs old so not sure if this will make it easier for her application to be approved. what do you get under the eu settled status?

hope someone can help as this forum was very helpful back in 2015

Many thanks :)