ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre EU settlement Divorce

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TerryKarandreas
Newly Registered
Greece

Pre EU settlement Divorce

Post by TerryKarandreas » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:59 pm

Hello , I am sitting with a bit of a concern . My wife received her pre EU settlement 2 months ago because I am an EU National from Greece . My wife is from South Africa . My daughter (2 years) has also just received her Pre EU settlement status based on me been an EU parent . We have been in the country for only 4 months together . My wife is now threatening to divorce me saying that see has received her BRC and can now stay in the country and take my daughter away with her. What is my wife’s status if she chooses to divorce me been only 4 months in UK and her EU pre settled status ? And what will happen to my daughter ? Pls help . :cry: :cry:

Obee786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Pre EU settlement Divorce

Post by Obee786 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:13 pm

TerryKarandreas wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:59 pm
Hello , I am sitting with a bit of a concern . My wife received her pre EU settlement 2 months ago because I am an EU National from Greece . My wife is from South Africa . My daughter (2 years) has also just received her Pre EU settlement status based on me been an EU parent . We have been in the country for only 4 months together . My wife is now threatening to divorce me saying that see has received her BRC and can now stay in the country and take my daughter away with her. What is my wife’s status if she chooses to divorce me been only 4 months in UK and her EU pre settled status ? And what will happen to my daughter ? Pls help . :cry: :cry:

I think she can get right of stay based she has an eu kid. Plus if she gets to be the guardian of the kid. Thats all in her favour.
You should have a 3 year marriage. But even you dont have 3 years she can chose human right path.

This what i think. Some one with more knowledge can answer it better