ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre Settled application for dependant parents within the uk on visit visa **Urgent Help**

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

User2014

Pre Settled application for dependant parents within the uk on visit visa **Urgent Help**

Post by User2014 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:14 am

I want to make an application for dependant parents of an EU national in uk, parents have 5 years visit visa expiring in 2023, and they are already in UK on visit visa, can I apply for their pre settled status while they here, anyone has success in similar circumstances, And if refused will it affect their visit visa too ?
Senior members or Any other members please help
Thank you

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Pre Settled application for dependant parents within the uk on visit visa **Urgent Help**

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:37 pm

You posted here already: immigration-for-family-members/can-i-ap ... l#p1657051

You know the equation: low success rate then no future visa.

If you are comfortable with the risks, inform your parents, have a good discussion then drop an application to see.

The risk is that this visit to the UK will be the last.

secret.simon

Re: Pre Settled application for dependant parents within the uk on visit visa **Urgent Help**

Post by secret.simon » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:59 pm

User2014 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:14 am
if refused will it affect their visit visa too ?
Yes. They will have demonstrated a desire to reside in the UK, which is contrary to the rquirements for visit visas. Therefore it is highly likely that they will be denied any future visit visas.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

User2014

Post by User2014 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:36 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:59 pm
User2014 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:14 am
if refused will it affect their visit visa too ?
Yes. They will have demonstrated a desire to reside in the UK, which is contrary to the rquirements for visit visas. Therefore it is highly likely that they will be denied any future visit visas.
Thank you for reply, but If they apply for pre-settled status all they need a proof of relationship which is not a problem but financial dependency is assumed if they are a dependant parent according to HO guidance, then the only question is if they are eligible to apply within in uk whilst on visit visa, according to HO manual only proof of residence is required which could be entry stamp on the passport , and it doesn’t say that you can’t apply if you are on visitors visa
Could it be refused on eligibility grounds or something ?