ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre-Settled status and travelling alone

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

splinter
Newly Registered

Pre-Settled status and travelling alone

Post by splinter » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:33 am

Hello to all members,

My visa Status: I have non-EU passport and I have been granted with a pre-settled status.

Questions: I am in home country and I am going to travel back to the UK in few days time I would like to know which immigration queue do I need to join at Heathrow Airport? EU or Non-EU queue as I am travelling alone. Last time when I have travelled back to the UK I was with my wife and we both went to the EU-Immigration Counter.

Thanks in advance.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Pre-Settled status and travelling alone

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:36 am

Hello

Go to non-EU queue.

Some ECOs could be tolerant if you go to the EU queue, but you may end up asked to return to the non-EU queue.

splinter
Newly Registered

Post by splinter » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:52 am

Hi

Thank you very much quick response.

also do you have any clue if I need a corona test certificate to enter in the UK from Pakistan? Thank you

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:57 am

No you don't need it. The borders are open. However, they will ask you to self isolate for 14 days.

They may test you only if you have symptoms. If you are symptoms-free, nothing happens.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:18 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:36 am
Hello

Go to non-EU queue.

Some ECOs could be tolerant if you go to the EU queue, but you may end up asked to return to the non-EU queue.
This depends on the airport.

At Heathrow I have always, systematically, been asked to join the EU queue, alone or not.
At Birmingham I was shouted at for joining the EU queue with my EU partner.

I would say, if this means saving you a good hour or two waiting on a queue you should not join, then ask first. At Heathrow you are almost guaranteed to be allowed in the EU queue (Tip: Exercise abstraction: Some airport officials are silly, and simply ask which passport you have, which is only half of the question. Always specify you are a family member of EU citizen).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.